How many miles do you get from a full tank?

zack1978

Hey everyone,

My 1995 SE-V6 5spd has been getting great gas milage, after a full tune up, a new o2 sensor, and changing all diff and trans fluid to Amsoil syn. She has 168,000 miles on her and has always been run on Mobil 1 since new. As of lately I have been getting close to 340 miles to a full tank, and if I was gutsy I guess I could push it more. So what are you getting to a full tank? And also what size is my tank so I can figure out the MPG.

Thanks,

Zack

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tanks are 80L, or about 21 Gallon.

i got 325 even (or odd depenind gon how you look at it) to a tank and ran out.

thats a 95 xe. standard trans. mostly city driving

Edited by max_stryker

I can get around 340 - 350 all high-way, but closer to 280 - 300 if it's city driving.

ditto. B) (if i stick to 55-60mph) @ 65 i get about 3mpg less :angry: 5spd :takebow:

Edited by Slick

21 Gallons X 20mpg, So I get around 420 miles to a full tank... though I've never gotten it anywhere near that low. Usually I fill up with like 17 gallons or something, so around 340 everytime I fill up.

I'm lucky to get 250 out of my Pathy...but then again, I've got a hell of a lot of weight in it, and a hell of a lot of sh*t on the roof ;) Plus, I like the skinny pedal. Before modding and adding all the weight and accessories, I was getting about 280 if I was good with the pedal.

Last I checked I think I get about 280 or so miles out of 3/4 of a tank. I never let it get below 1/4 tank. Looks like that would come out to about 370 for a whole tank, but like I said, I'll never know exactly because I make fun of people that run out of gas, so I'll keep fillin' up at 1/4 tank!

Also, if you are oversized in tires, make sure the speedo is right, or that you are adjusting your figures accordingly for the difference. I use my GPS to verify my real mileage.

Well I knew that I was lacking in mileage due to lift, added weight, etc...sometimes it's just really bad though...I know I'm due for a spark plug change (just been putting it off because I hate dealing with it...not that it's all that difficult, but still), and the filter could probably use a cleaning as well. Thanks! :)

yea im with these guys...i only get about 250 if im lucky...(and i have lifted mine, but still just have 31 inch AT's) i am wondering if i have a smaller tank than you all...i know there were two sizes available the 21 gallon, or the 18 gallon...but i dont think i have ever put even 17 gallons in mine before, and i have been totally on E.......what to do what to do...i guess a tune up is in order....

:o

Maybe you need to learn to shift that MT to maximize mpg :laugh:

lol. no i drive real easy most fo the time.. get 270ish miles out of about 19gal..i do not convert to the actual miles. the truck came with the smaller tires and i have 31s on there now.. speedo is off anywhere from 2-3 to closer to 10 at high speeds.. (~80)

the best mpgs i get is when i drive between 45-50mph or so.. i tend to roll most of the time, not big on stopping. ;)

i havent ran out yet :laugh: but im gonna test it tomorrow i've been avging 19.8 running 60 miles to and from work for 2 weeks and running an avg speed of 70-80 with the exhaust leak its not too bad...but i've gotta really goofy guage and it goes empty in like 100 miles and then dances up to a quarter and empty a lot...so i calculated it and i should be able to get to the cheap gas tomorrow (SC its 2.47 right now as oppossed to charlottes 2.77)

so i guess i could get about 416 miles per tank give or take a couple

Damn you economical fools! After heading down to my local speedometer shop a few years ago, I finally get my TRUE mpg, and after the performance rebuild....(drumroll please)...(and I have a lot of extra steel on and in the vehicle)...(and I have the 21.1 gallon tank)....(so without further ado :-)...

around town, the worst I ever get is 11.0 mpg, which puts me at 232 miles (if I fill it up and then purposely run out of gas)

last tank was 12.2 mpg, which puts me at 257 miles when I run out of gas, and 207 miles when I pull into the station on empty.

and on the freeway, 13.5 mpg is the norm, which means that after 200 miles, I've gotta start looking for a fuel stop.

Let's put it this way...I'VE BEEN SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING HAVING TRANSFER FLOW BUILD ME A 30-GALLON REPLACEMENT TANK!!!!

DOH Eli !! You either need a tune up, tune down or lay off the gas !!

Per tank doesn't make sense. You need to know your MPG. I average a solid 17 mph with warm ups, traffic, freeway, the full mix and I cruise right along and step on the gas in traffic when warranted. I never seem to put in more than 15 gallons at about 250ish miles (31's so the speedo is a little slow) so that would put me at about 340 for a full tank. :shrug:

Not the best, but I have seen worse.... I moved closer to work and save $120-150 a month in gas and am working on a vw bug and bmw motorcycle to help offset any additional fuel costs.

B

HOLY @!*%!!!!!

Best Ive gotten was 320 KM to a tank. yes, KM!!!!!! thats just under 200 miles to a tank. this SUX!!!!!! 3" sus lift 31's A/t 4.625s. OEM light bars with 4 6" liths.

full 2.5" exhaust flowmaster 40. 8 mm plug wires, new filter, oil change, cap, rotor ect

I did go threw almost 1/4 tank 4 wheeling and have since found that I can go REALLY low on a tank.

How far can you guys go once the gas light turns on?

I put 30 km with the needel totaly on E (did not move at all since start up) and at the 30 km the gas light started to come on and off

But how big is the tank on my 1995 SE-V6 5spd? It seems that even when the gauge is VERY LOW it only takes about 17 or 18 gal. If it's a 21 gal tank, IT NEVER takes that much! So Do I really have 4 extra gallos\ns when the gauge reads VERY EMPTY?

Thanks,

Zack

:o I get about 220 mpg! Man this sucks. I think i should replace the cap and rotor, maybe o2 sensor, wire set, hmm what else.

Things that have been done:

Clean air filter

3 month old plugs

headers, more recently

cleaned maf sensor

cleaned t/b with clearner about a month ago

With the type of mileage you guys are getting I should be at least half of tank or may be less. I drive to and from work 4 days out of the week, that's 24 miles round trip. My guage is at 1/4 every friday when I fill up. I drive about 65-70 to get to work. I'm going to have to experiment with going 55 for a week, to see what type of mileage I should be getting.

I think alot of our @!*%y gas milage is because are fuel gauge is screwed. I always though my gas light was burnt out, now I will drive for a day/two on completly empty(according to the gauge) and the light will barely flicker.

be carful if you have no swaybars tho, its like driving a completly new beast when you have a full tank compared to a empty one :eek:

But how big is the tank on my 1995 SE-V6 5spd? It seems that even when the gauge is VERY LOW it only takes about 17 or 18 gal. If it's a 21 gal tank, IT NEVER takes that much! So Do I really have 4 extra gallos\ns when the gauge reads VERY EMPTY?

Thanks,

Zack

I don't know, but I think there may be more than 2 gallons, I've already run more than 10 miles in "EMPTY" :P