How many miles do you get from a full tank?

zack1978

HOLY @!*%!!!!!

Best Ive gotten was 320 KM to a tank. yes, KM!!!!!! thats just under 200 miles to a tank. this SUX!!!!!! 3" sus lift 31's A/t 4.625s. OEM light bars with 4 6" liths.

full 2.5" exhaust flowmaster 40. 8 mm plug wires, new filter, oil change, cap, rotor ect

I did go threw almost 1/4 tank 4 wheeling and have since found that I can go REALLY low on a tank.

How far can you guys go once the gas light turns on?

I put 30 km with the needel totaly on E (did not move at all since start up) and at the 30 km the gas light started to come on and off

That's bad, the worst I got was about 250 city / 320 highway, but after replacing a bad fuel injector I'm getting 300 city / 430 highway. My Path has 122k miles on it, 2" tb lift and 255/75R15 AT tires.

The high capacity of the "EMPTY" is very good to me... I've used it many times :rolleyes:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on my 89 from the moment the low fuel light went on solid (after all the fading in and out) to empty was at least 60mi. the truck got around 20-21 on the highway.

not sure on the 94.. seems less but this sucker is a thirsty one.. i think i have driven maybe 40ish miles before.. the biggest fillups ever were 19.6gal both.

DOH Eli !! You either need a tune up, tune down or lay off the gas !!

Since I'm all tuned up, calibrated, and passing emissions with ease (not to mention the complete diagnositc I just received, including O2 sensor), and the fact that my rig and gear weighs in at just under 5000 lbs with me in it.....I guess I better lay off the gas!

F*ck that! I didn't build the motor to lay off the gas ;-) LOL

If you're lifted with bigger tires, kiss gas mileage bye-bye. Bottom line. The additional weight, wind resistance, road/tire friction, as well as the gearing reduction due to tire size just adds up to poor mileage.

What he said. Susp & body lift, roof rack with lights, stock 31" tires but 12.5" wide instead of 10.5= 15-16hwy, more like 13 around town. All told, about 250 miles on a tank, but I don't let it run down toward empty even though the reserve on E has carried me probably 30 miles or so no sweat in a pinch.

But hey, the Pathy is becoming more and more of a purpose-built truck, and I adjust my life accordingly to enjoy it. We've got a little Acura for the long hauls, and I just transferred offices from a 40+ mile daily trip to about 8 or so total. Works for me!

Since I'm all tuned up, calibrated, and passing emissions with ease (not to mention the complete diagnositc I just received, including O2 sensor), and the fact that my rig and gear weighs in at just under 5000 lbs with me in it.....I guess I better lay off the gas!

F*ck that! I didn't build the motor to lay off the gas ;-) LOL

If it puts a smile on yer face, so be it. I want engine mods too. And the funny part is, you STILL get better mileage than the asshats rolling around in H2's and Expeditions.

• 3 weeks later...

Vengeful, you're right about that and I was a subscriber to that theory.

But then I hear from a good buddy of mine that works at a BMW dealership that they recommend using premium in everything. Mind you, not all BMW's call for premium. Got me thinking and questioning my logic.

I was just wondering if the 3.0 runs fine on regular.

By the way, your avatar resembles my sig! :D

I get about 675 km to the tank (80liter). so that's what, about 420 miles for 21.1 gal? But keep in mind that I have that glorious beatiful hum of a td27t coming out from under my hood. :D

That is also pure Japan city driving at roughly 50kph (~30mph)

I hate Japan's road sytem pssd

When driving about 100kph on the toll roads I get FAR better mileage. I can go around 750 to 800km per tank at 80kph.

/me kisses his td27t's feet

800km!!! i envy you man. heh i get 400km if im lucky. so what thats ....250miles. then again i love my skinny pedal. mabey because my pathy has NO GO so i make it go ;) .

hey indigent you wanna send me over like a r32 or somethin? :D

hey indigent you wanna send me over like a r32 or somethin? 

I take it you mean a skyline. If I could get one to the states I would take one for myself. :D

R33's are way sexier anyway...

I'm getting about 320-350 highway miles. 95 XE-V6 I belive it has a 15 gallon tank, which makes for 22mpg which is pretty friggin good for an 11 year old truck. I don't usually pay much attention to the miles around town. I fill up about once a week though.

ive been getting 16-18 mpg so far in my new pathy, mostly city driving. so for a 21 gal tank, thats about 350 miles/tank

Vengeful, you're right about that and I was a subscriber to that theory.

But then I hear from a good buddy of mine that works at a BMW dealership that they recommend using premium in everything.  Mind you, not all BMW's call for premium.  Got me thinking and questioning my logic.

I was just wondering if the 3.0 runs fine on regular.

running anything higher than 87 in these engines is pointless, higher octane fuel is harder to ignite, which means less power, less miles per gallon. maybe if your engine is modded for higher compression, then you might need higher octane to prevent knocking.. sounds like your bmw friend doesnt know what hes talking about

btw, nice avatar! (rennwerkes) :aok:

Yeah, I'm going to take the advice from here and start running just regular gas. Have been using the middle grade but figure that's overkill too.

Actually, most BMW's currently run high compression motors so Premium may not be uncalled for. However, I think all that's really needed is the middle grade for BMW's.

I've also had friends tell me that they feel they're getting more power and better gas mileage out of premium but I'm guessing it's because they motor is running poorly to begin with so the higher octane compensates or it's just psychological! :laugh:

Glad you like my avatar! :D

I'll be sure to update if I come across a better one.

I'm getting about 320-350 highway miles. 95 XE-V6 I belive it has a 15 gallon tank, which makes for 22mpg which is pretty friggin good for an 11 year old truck. I don't usually pay much attention to the miles around town. I fill up about once a week though.

Is that what the 95 XE has a 15 gal. tank? I thought it was a 18 gal. tank

Last time I was on a trip, I got 17 miles per gallon. I thought that was pretty darn good, but seeing some of the others, I need to get things checked once I get the headers and BL on.

Also, if you are oversized in tires, make sure the speedo is right, or that you are adjusting your figures accordingly for the difference.

Speaking of this piece, is it possible to recalibrate your own speedometer?

When driving about 100kph on the toll roads I get FAR better mileage. I can go around 750 to 800km per tank at 80kph.

Makes me glad I got a TD27T too :D Where I live is pretty rural so no traffic and hardly any hills which means about 800km on a full tank with speeds between 50 and 80mph depending on the road. That said my experience of VG30E's in other Nissans has been pretty favorable as far as fuel consumption is concerned. The big Nissan 300C sedans we used to get here would do 35mpg on a good day ...BTW, that's a UK gallon (4.55lt) not a US one (3.75lt).

-Ed

Is that what the 95 XE has a 15 gal. tank? I thought it was a 18 gal. tank

Maybe it is 18, I was just guessing because I never get much more than 15 gal during a fill up when on empty, although I guess that would make sense that there were a few gallons in the tank. If thats the case I change my mpg to about 19, which is still pretty good for an 11 year old truck. Anybody know for sure what size tank a 95xe has?

As Slick said, although I don't think I have ever put more than 18 gallons in, even when the gauge was very low. I never felt the need to test how far I could drive on E...

Speaking of this piece, is it possible to recalibrate your own speedometer?

I don't believe so. Maybe with the electronic speedo's in the 94 and 95s ? My speedo has been fubared for 6 months... :shrug:

B