Do you have other Pets?

Slick

ok. and here's Charlotte.. she'll be 7 on Valentines day.. she's here but on my buddies 20 acre ranch as my place is too small for a 94lb dog  :sniff:

she's 1/2 st bernard  1/2 german shepherd  sly

Holy schmokes Slick! That looks just like my dog who's 1/2 german shepard and 1/2 St. Bernard. Weird thing is, her mom was impregnated by 2 dogs. She's 1/2 Chow and 1/2 German shepard. I never knew this could happen until the vet told me. My good friend who still owns the mother, gave me the runt, who's name is Doja and also kept the giant of the litter who's called Rocky.

Weird thing is, you wouldn't believe they're from the same litter. Rocky looks like a St. Bernard with something else in him. He does have a spotted tongue however from his mom.

Here's the group picture about 3 years ago when they were still puppies.

group.jpg

Doja and Rocky!

dojarocky.jpg

Doja loves to jump!

dojaleap.jpg

Here she is all grown up!

doja1.jpg

Also from the cat thread, here's Ray who's a year and a half now...

ray1.jpg

And Whiskers who's around 7 or 8...we're not sure. :shrug:

whiskers1.jpg

Sorry for the long post! WAVEY

My boys got a Puppy for Christmas from one of the local shelters, she is a mix Husky/not sure yet...(Wife pick her without checking with me)

Ginger is going on about 14 weeks according to the vet... and everytime I walk in the kitchen she squats and pees, she so excited and confined to the kitchen...

I spend about 30-45 min a day working on the basic's time for work, Sit, Down, Stay, Come, Heal, Off and Kennel.... all with the good girl and the occasional cookie.

Im not sure if its the Puppy or the mix but she is hot wired from morning to night..

The pics are in the camera at Grandpa house:(

Cute dogs Quismo! Any advice for a prospective Beagle owner?

Good for you and yours Ticker! :aok:

hey harbinger, i'd say that beagles are like most other dogs except for the hound traits of course. they have the ears, a more powerful scent of smell, and they do well in packs. if you don't plan on getting more than one dog, make sure you give extra attention to your beagle, you will become his/her "pack" and he/she will depend on you for companionship. also, if you hate walking dogs on a leash, train them to follow you off-lead (w/o a leash) when they're extremely young. the earlier the better, as beagles will always follow their noses which can turn out to be fatal especially when their nose leads them across a busy street. playing "chase" when they're puppies works great =)

all dogs can make great companions, i guess i'm just partial to beagles 'cause i love their floppy ears, and their size is perfect for my lifestyle...big enough to wrestle/cuddle with, and small enough to keep/bathe indoors, but not small to the point where they feel fragile and i can't rough house with them =P

Here's my girls.

DSCF0146-vi.jpg

I also have a 55 gal tank with an assortment of fishes

Casey, on the right, is a purebred yellow lab from Kansas that bought to train for Search and Rescue. She's old and retired now but still does therapy visits at the local nursing home. Morgan, on the left, is a mixed breed that I rescued from a pound in West Virginia. She has a bad heart, had mange, and was in terrible shape when I got her. She is much happier now. With her bad heart, she tires fairly quickly. Casey tires quickly due to her age. They'll chase each other around the house at about 100mph and all humans seek cover so they don't get their legs swept from beneath them. Then they both burnout at about the same time and crash for a nap. This pic is shortly after one of their romps. They decided to crash in the sun by the back door.

Here's a pic of Morgan just before we got her

post-25-1138980742.jpg

Edited by k9sar

awesome looking dogs k9sar! i was actually debating between beagles/labs as we used to have two labs when i was growing up, one black and one yellow. although i ended up going for the beagles, i'm thinking of getting a lab 'cause my baby girl keelah loves playing with dogs bigger than herself. and i'd like a dog that's gentle/friendly with children as my cousins/friends always come over with the little ones. hehe, more of an excuse to get another dog...i do miss the "puppy days", but i'm sure it'll be hectic, so i may hold off 'til spring semester ends.

• 3 weeks later...

The g/f and I got a new puppy this weekend! Purebred (and soon to be registered) Mini-Daschund! 7 week old male.

Tenativley named Bruiser due to his oversized paws.

02180623202ko.jpg

Got to meet his parents and everything, was really impressed by them and the breeders. Paid $300 total. He gets his first shots this weekend.

02190620004qh.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics -- they were taken with my moto razr, haven't had a chance to get at him with the real cam yet.

I really wanted to get a beagle, but the g/f nixed it -- she was to worried about the howling and digging, since we live in a close knit subdivision and our rental has a lot of garden work done by the real owners.

Edited by Harbinger

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Did some digging and found this old pet/dog thread and wanted to throw my post in it.

This is Josie. Her father is a mix of chow and pitbull and her mom was full blooded lab. Very well behaved and she and I love to roughhouse.

Myspacepics001.jpg

I ended up with this Korelean Bear Dog/Black Lab Mix after my sister-n-law and boyfriend moved out of town.

The dog had literally been kept on a 6 foot leash for most of his first year of life outside, and was treated well "when convenient." I felt for him, and took him in. He started out in a pen in the garage, and slowly introduced him to inside life, and then started leash training him. He's extremely exciteable, and fun, but pays attention when commanded but a little skittish. In the last two months I've house trained him, taught him how to army crawl, shake, speak (they didn't allow him to bark so the most I could get out of him was a skittish whimper), go to the door when he has to go, and other basics. He's turned out to be a pretty good dog, and he is much more intelligent than the previous owners said he was.

I am actually looking for a good home for him now, I run a business for a good 12-16 hours a day, and Have to run home 3 to 4 times a day to take care of him, and knew from the begining that I would have to give him up once I trained him well enough.

Here are some fun pics of him:

He likes to lock up his front paws and push them across the kitchen floor for some odd reason (I think he thinks it's ice and is afraid to fall over)..

here he is in the act:

Picture072.jpg

Here he is looking really mean (while playing):

Picture069.jpg

And here he is sticking his tongue out at you:

Picture068.jpg

Making his way back in 3 feet of snow, lol.. I couldn't even see him.

IMG_0110.jpg

Edited by 87pathmaker

he is definitely a cutie for a punt, pass n kick dog (anything smaller than a german shepherd is named the afore mentioned)

Now I have a 70+ lb. female brindle & white Pitbull thats not very tall (definately not as tall as a German Sheppard) so is she a punt, pass n kick dog?

(Precious running in the snow)

IMG_0367.jpg

(after a long day of Christmas fun)

1209073.jpg

(before the fun looking sullen)

1209071.jpg

(gettin kisses from an unbathed Precious Girl)

IMG_0074.jpg

Edited by Fukinitupagain

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

My two sets of dogs:

Tommy the Borderline Collie (what real border is stocky and clumsy?)

614702_1188109601.jpg614702_1188109614.jpg

and his buddy Maya the husky mix (fast, blue-eyed, and deadly):

614703_1188109642.jpg614703_1188109650.jpg

My other dogs (at my mom's)

Laddie (Sir Galahad) the 120lb german shepherd / bernese mountain dog mix

doing physical therapy for his blown and surgeried ACL:

614717_1188109888.jpg614717_1188109922.jpg

614717_1188109926.jpg

and his boss Emily Ann, the 17lb french bulldog

614721_1188109116.jpg

regards,

Rick

MY only pet is a dog... the rest of the family has a billion pets.... heres my dog when he was little

August '05

boomwood.jpg

And BIG

Last month

boomdeck.jpg

And Standing next to my mom (Shes 5'3")

boommom.jpg

Named Boomer, due to my downstairs neighbors at my old apartment saying that all they heard when he was playing was loud booms

Edited by doughboy

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess I'll post my family....

The mother is my dog, purebred Yellow Lab, AKC/CKC registered.

Annnnd the eleven puppies are the offspring of my dog, and a Black Lab. All eleven are now AKC/CKC registered.

What a chore that was... especially since the mother had mastitis, and birth complications from antibiotics she was on. Yes, we had to bottle feed every puppy, 4 times a day for a month. This was also my senior year, a month before exams....

55390ccc.jpg

Sold all but two, they paid for my Pathy. One of the ones that was kept had to be put down (he was going to be my new pup... I'd already started training him as a bird dog). The last picture is of him. Tug was the name, cause he pushed every pup out of the way with the power of a tug boat, and would suck every teet dry.

a0fa168e.jpg

70ad2f48.jpg

Edited by ILoveMyPatty