Do you have other Pets?

Slick

OK> So...I don't have cats..but I want to show off MY pets.. so here are my kids...

My first beloved child is Raider. That's me n him after he had his first bath when I bought him in 99. He was 4 yrs old when I got him. He's 100% Arabian, but he thinks and acts like he's a 1/4 horse..he loves round ups! And has the meanest slide stop around. I was working at the ranch Raider was kept at, and the owners couldn't ride him (bad choice for a first horse!) so they just left him there. Boss took him in lieu of board owed, asked me to work with him to get him ready for sale, we fell in love and I bought him! A happy love sotry!

BTW.. I am workin on that thingy where you can post more thean one pic in one post... gimme time...

Edited by mzxtreme

This is my beloved Charlotte. I got her hwen she was 10 months old from a friend of a friend who couldn't keep her. She's 6 now. 1/2 St Bernard, 1/2 German Shepherd.

Edited by Slick

And this is my precious Jake when he turned 1 year old, he is a Long Coat German Shepherd. He is still with my ex bf in England, and will be turning 11 in Sept. I watched him being born, and he rules the show ring! To date he has over 100 first places, over 75 second places, 27 Best in Shows and 19 Reserve Best in Shows! He is a stud dog now and no longer shows, and he has 4 GORGEOUS litters of pups from different female German Shepherds.

Edited by Slick

Oh.. and...God rest his soul.... the first horse I ever owned was in (England)..Boris. We called him "B" or "scud".. because as big as he was... man was he fast! And really didn't have brakes. But you could place a baby underneath him and he would be so gentle, he has personality up the ying yang, hated men, and I miss him dearly. At the age of 19 I had to have him put to sleep due to his arthritis. He was miserable not being able to hunt or jump or even go for walks down the road for excercise. He was a great horse.

i'll post some pics of my critters soon,

I have 4 cats{ 3 adopted from my clinic and one from the rspca when my wife and I were in vet school}

Also an akita{ came into the clinic with gunshot wounds} a cockatiel, an ex racehorse{ he was one of the best sprinters here in Barbados} and a yearling colt which i hope to race nest year.

{ No wonder i am broke with all those mouths to feed}

Here is the ex racehorse I was asked by a novice horse owning family to bring back to life. She raced as a 2 and 3 year old, best placig was third.. so out to pasture she went where she had 3 foals in 3 yrs. The first pic is when they found her in a field at the trainers place and brought her home, and the second pic is after I had her for 6 months...yes..it REALLY is the same horse. Lipreader. I will never forget that red headed bitch.....lol.....

Edited by Slick

Nice slick...I LOOOOOVE horses. I'd like to own a Palmino someday. But anyhorse will do. They are such beautiful creatures!!!

I always wanted a palomino or a paint... **wipes drool from chin**...

I have a knack with horses and dogs, (Mom used to laugh and call me the Horse Whisperer!!) which is why people give me or beg me to "fix" their beasts. What most people don't get, is animals are like humans, they have the same needs. Make an effort to egt into their heads, and you would be suprised.

Raider was a bullied skinny mess of a horse when I first got him out of the field. You say boo..he'd launch to the ceiling. I didn't even ride him for the first month. I spent that time giving him confidence, gaining his trust, and allowed him to be a 4 year old unridden arabian again. Within 5 weeks I had him walking by my side with nothing on, and Charlotte by my other side. Raider would do anything I asked (as all my other animals do).. but for anyone else.... hehehehe... good luck sucker! Trust. and humans just don't have enough of it because that is the way times are. You can't trust anyone..not where I live anyway. But my animals would go to the ends of the earth for me becauses of the strong bonds we have.

**wipes a tear thinking of how Boris used to stand between me and men to "protect" me..and how Raider would put his head and neck around me when we'd hug** ... :sniff:

Edited by Slick

OK I'v already posted this pic but why not again?

ritaandgracie.jpg

That's Rita (grey) and Gracie (brown).

They're wonderfull dogs and love living on our vineyard ranch. They might not look it but they're vicous killers, they'v taken down (killed or mortally wounded) 3 deer, and wounded one (it got away cause our neighbors gardener chased them away from it).

Don't worry though they're very nice to humans. ;)

What pretty dawgz! they have such innocent faces! I almost wet myself when I took this pic of my charlotte (94lbs) playing with her "boyfriend" Rocky (145lbs)...

And here's some better pics of my "work" meaning.. what I started with.. and what I turned them into... Libby.. B4 and after...

Nice SLick!!! :clap:

We were watching this show on Animal planet a few weeks ago...It was like PEt detectives or soemthing like that. But I had to turn the channel because the condition some of the horses were in...wow...

Yeah.. I try to watch that show about animal control.. but it just breaks my heart to watch it..especially the horses n dogs.. makes me cry how people can do that to animals... they rely on us to take care of them...

:(

Things Dogs must remember:

That porcelain goblet is not filled with Evian spring water

My head does not belong in the refrigerator either

I will never catch my tail

I wil not eat the cat's food before OR after she eats it

There is simply no reason to roll in dead, smelly things

The mail carrier is NOT stealing our stuff

The diaper pail is not a cookie jar

The sofa is not a face towel

Every word that starts with "W" isn't "walk"

"Kitty crunchies" are not a major food group

I will not throw up int he car

I will not play tug-of-war with dad's underwear when he's on the porcelain goblet