ps3 or xbox360

Channel595

29 members have voted

1. 1. ps3 or 360

I have owned 6 360's. I fixed all of them, but it's just hassle. and paying for online play, and not getting much more is bull. PS3 can surf the net and all that. Plus blu-ray. Also, more gaming people will choose PS3 in the coming years because of the space of the space the blu-ray discs can hold. They tended to choose the 360 before because it was easier to develop games for, but now its years later, they have it figured out, and just need the space. PS3!!

Jose

I detest Sony as a whole.

I have my 360 modded and I love it. I bought it used from a local company that uses a BGA reflow station to fix the RROD. Hacked dvd FW, red led whisper fan running @ 12v. Swapped a 250gb drive into the stock 20gb case.

I don't play online though, so I don't get certain dlc's. Worth it for free games though.

Edited by Harbinger

PS3 for a few reasons

1.The xbox charges for online vs ps3 being free and there is really not much of a difference between then

2.Noise...the 360 can be extremely loud with its fan...my ps3 never is loud

3.I have one so u could play games with me lol

I always thought it was funny that the same people who complained about Microsoft software (DOS, Windows, IE, etc.), were the ones praising their hardware (360) :rolleyes: .

Sony has always been a good electronics company, aside from needing some laser adjustments, I have never had a problem with their game systems. I bought a PS1 after our Sega Genesis/32x/CD got stolen, then bought the PS2 because of backwards compatibility and continuing series releases of games I loved on PS1. I bought a PS3 when they got below $500 because it had backwards compatibility (original models), Blu-Ray (stand alone BR players were still $500+), and the hope of continued series games. There was only 1 game series on 360 that I ever wanted to play that was exclusive (MechAssult), so why would I waste my money on one? :shrug:

if you have a computer, get java ps3 media server. it's free software that lets you stream from any computer on the same network as the ps3.

Tversity is also good and it works with xbox or ps3 :aok:

I always thought it was funny that the same people who complained about Microsoft software (DOS, Windows, IE, etc.), were the ones praising their hardware (360) :rolleyes: .

Sony has always been a good electronics company, aside from needing some laser adjustments, I have never had a problem with their game systems. I bought a PS1 after our Sega Genesis/32x/CD got stolen, then bought the PS2 because of backwards compatibility and continuing series releases of games I loved on PS1. I bought a PS3 when they got below $500 because it had backwards compatibility (original models), Blu-Ray (stand alone BR players were still $500+), and the hope of continued series games. There was only 1 game series on 360 that I ever wanted to play that was exclusive (MechAssult), so why would I waste my money on one? :shrug:

If you like the mech games try the armor core series on the PS3.

I detest Sony as a whole.

I have my 360 modded and I love it. I bought it used from a local company that uses a BGA reflow station to fix the RROD. Hacked dvd FW, red led whisper fan running @ 12v. Swapped a 250gb drive into the stock 20gb case.

I don't play online though, so I don't get certain dlc's. Worth it for free games though.

HA! Same here. Mine's a modded Elite w/ hacked dvd drive, two window design featuring clear fan tunnel with four blue led fans (even put a window on the HDD). My 12v switch is hidden behind one of the memory stick slots. Swapped all of the green led's with blue ones to boot! I assume that you went with a laptop HDD?

2.Noise...the 360 can be extremely loud with its fan...my ps3 never is loud

3.I have one so u could play games with me lol

All of the above, but the other way around!

My roommate has a ps3 that when its running, it sounds like an air conditioner going full blast! Although I'm on xbox #7, they have done an amazing job of not making breakable units anymore, I've had

two of the "newer" ones, my newest being the modern warfare 2 xbox (I got the best buy replacement warranty, so they basically give me store credit for how much I paid for my original xbox, and as the

new units come out, I get more for my money!).

Long story short, now the newer xboxs are quiet, work without issue, come with a 250gb hdd, and honestly $50 is less than I spend on mike n ikes. I've been playing xbox live for over 5 years, love the xbox configuration, prefer the game selection and can't imagine going the other way. However, I was on a week long hiatus where I was thinking I'd sell it and get a ps3...but I just played my buddy's and enjoy my xbox more.

Xbox also now has the kinect feature, which although I have not added to my rig, my buddies rave about it endlessly.

The 360 is for you teenage kids, the PS3 is for adualt gamers. But a Good gaming PC makes them both Junk just my :my2cents:

:goodpost:

That pretty much sums it up.

Kinect is pretty wicked; Move is just as good, though.

Free online and Blu-ray. Not much else to say. PS3 FTW. :aok:

I've got big hands and find the PS controllers difficult to use...I have a 360...well 2 BC one got banned after modern warfare 2 released and Microsoft banned all modded boxes even tho I was playing purchased copies of mw2 I still got banned...I had flashed my drive to play pirated games as a trial basis and then buy games if I liked them...sucked when it happened but I escaped the previous 4 banwaves...

I basically play halo and cod so the 360 is where its at for me...live subscriptions are usually on sale at best buy around Xmas or u can get them off of ebay for cheap