What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Today I re-installedmy manual hubs after a dinkle-puss pissed off with four of the six bolts that held the driver's side hub on. I took about two hours of phone work anddriving around last night to no avail and ended up taking a whole new set of bolts from work.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

Went on a junk yard run and scored Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The goods

Posted Image

Before.... Posted Image

After... Posted Image

(if anyone wants parts off of these let me know and I'll pull em off)

Sent from my Q7 using Tapatalk

Got further on the VG33 intake manifold/throttle body swap... Figured out how to adapt everything except the throttle position sensor. Looks like I'm going to have to swap TB shafts from the VG30 to the VG33 TB and then do some light machining on the VG33 TB housing to accept the new offset of the sensor. Once that issue is figured out, it should all work though.

Edited by Nefarious

Cleaned TPS harness connections clearing that code, put it back together and hot a maf code, cleaned the maf and connections and did the good old wire Jiggle and now it is back to running great.

Changed the oil and filter in the pathfinder, replaced the connector on the oil pressure sender wire ( old one fell off !), replaced the old Dick Cepek double relay for the headlights with 2 single relay's. The old double relay uses a weird fuse inside, did not want next owner to have any trouble if the fuse blew.

Changed the oil and filter in my sentra, checked the tire pressure and added air as needed,

checked the tire pressure in the Mazda 3, low tire pressure light came on again, was on last week and one tire was low, same tire was low today, pulled the tire and found a nail in it, of course was out of tire plugs so had to run up to Ace Hardware and buy a pack, back home, plugged the tire and re-installed, should be good now.

Nothing, didn't dismount the tire.

I have dismounted/mounted tires in the past and in those situations I used, a bottle jack on the side of the tire, jacked up against the bottom of the frame of the pathfinder to break the bead loose, than used large screwdrivers to remove the tire from the wheel, mounting the tire using same large flat screwdrivers.

I installed the new Moog tension rod bushings, got lucky the holes were still round, the old bushing sleeves had holes in them and the driver side bushings had separated into four smaller bushings. hopefully tomorrow gets the center link and tie rods done, here's to hoping.... :suicide:

took the door panel off and figured out how to take the lock out and found out it'll only be $25 to get a new key made for the locks.

it hasn't had keys since i bought it but today my ipod was stolen out of my truck, which has been unlocked since i bought it in jan. bummer but i got a chocolate muffin in return. haha it was a first gen itouch which is only like $40 now or less but i bet they're bummed because they lost their muffin. :/:lol:

One of my co-workers recently got a '93xe and I installed a new sound system for him today. New deck, 4 speakers, amp & sub. PO had installed an aftermarket deck and left a rats nest of wiring in the dash... so that was fun. It looked like he tied everything in a knot, then wrapped it with a whole roll of electrical tape. Anyway, I cleaned all that up and everything else went fairly smooth. I just picked up 4 new Rockford Fosgate Power 5x7's for my '94xe and will be installing in the next day or two.

Put it in 4low and pulled three cars out of the ditch on the way home at three different spots in what could only be called a snowstorm or blizzard. So far we are at 17cm by the boot measurement...

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

Spent the whole day under it, out came the bad/worn out center link, tie rods and tension rod bushings.in went the good parts, now the front end is tight, just not aimed strait. LOL :) Adjusted the torsion bars just to fine tune the hight of lift. Took for test drive down the gravel drive way, and I have to say that the alignment is way out, of course I will be taking it in for that and brake fluid flush/tightening, adjust the parking brake since I hadn't been able to get it done since I put new brake pads and shoes on last time home. I'm almost done with the mechanical work.

Edited by Nissanland

purchased

1.bought grease to repack front wheel bearings

2. purchased drilled and slotted rotors and new ceramic pads

3. purchased rear brake shoes

4. finally bought my mile marker manual locking hubs.

fun weekend to come ...yay...!!!

Got T boned last night at a 4 way stop while turning left. The "distracted" driver nailed me right in the big ol 33x12.50s. It scarred up the Lego wheel pretty good (got 4 more in the garage) and got a small dent in the rear quarter panel right behind the tire. Her Grand Vitara didn't fair so well........ It was a hard hit pushed the back end around about 10 feet or so. Seems to drive fine, tough truck! Installed a cold air intake today to go with the DT headers and full flow exhaust.

• Like 1

Took it in for the alignment, found out that I have a bad steering box, need to see if I can adjust it. Also the bad news is I may have a rear axle seal leaking, and from what the alignment shop says, you have to pull the axle apart from inside out...uggg..but hey it drives a hole lots better.

Pulled out an old alarm setup that I didn't even know was there till today and the PO didn't know about it either.

Was it a silent alarm? If it was a theft alarm, it doesn't sound like it was working anyway.