What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Got tired of my fender flares and plastic bumpers always just going gray with the weather. So I tried my hand at Plasti-dip on them today. Came out pretty good. Did the lil grill also, and the plastic trim on the rear tail lights.

Then decided to try out the wheels. To see how it looks. Looks nice. But I need more coats on the wheels. I only had 3 cans. The last can trying to finish the wheels. I just could not keep the nozzle clean. So it kept spattering everywhere. So I need some fresh cans and more coats on them.

Tomorrow I'll try to get some pics.

I picked up some 6" 18w 30 degree spot/driving LED bar lights. Will try to get them mounted tomorrow in place of the factory fog lights. Just will need to aim them at night.

Yesterday I did the dreaded tune up and oil change. The spark plugs are to be set .31/35 and the one's that came out, not one was under.75 all the way to .82 I'm surprised that the truck ran as smoothly as it did. The rotor and cap both had alot of burning showing, the plugs wires were in horrible shape, 3/6 were separated from the contacts and just arcing across to the plugs, again surprised it ran as good as it did, and number six plug is the biggest PITA you could ask for, no wonder it was the worst wire and plug.

The oil change was eventless, the oil came out black as death, there was a bit of gritty oil,but not to bad. The filter came out easy once I found a wrench small enough to get it out, used the fram high mileage 10,000 mile filter, it puts a time released additive to oil as it filters, I will be changing it out in 3/4k though. I used castrol 5w30 synthetic blend in the high mileage mix. The filter that came off was a no name bargain brand, no wonder the oil was so crappy. Fixed the broken turn signal, it was full of mud and shorted the light out, sealed it good and now its so clean that I have to clean the other side to match. Oh well, I swear I'm going to get this truck running right. Today the fuel filter/ wipers and strut rod bushings

Edited by Nissanland

Took off the fender flares and mud flaps. Can honestly say it gives it a more simpler and cleaner look.

Big project replacing the timing belt, timing belt tensioner, water pump, thermostat, distributor cap and rotor, and ignition coil.

Wish me luck haha

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

you will do fine, just make sure you can rotate the timing belt just 90 degrees at the top-most run of belt between the cam sprockets. this is the proper tension for the belt. if its really hard to get it to twist, its too tight. if it twists more than 90 degrees its too loose.

• Like 1

Got headers in the mail. Put them together to help me understand the process and possible difficulty factors. Pulled the heat shields off and squirted Liquid Wrench on all the fasteners on the exhaust system I could find. Found 2 exhaust studs broken, both passenger side rear ones. Still looks like it is going to be a PITA accessing all the manifold nuts....here is a pic of the headers loosely bolted together. Should be a fun project for next weekend. Gonna soak the nuts and bolts a few more times during the week, should be great smelling that Liquid Wrench burning off.....

IMG_0144_zps8348edce.jpg

Edited by SkiBumBrian
  • Like 1

Took out my idler pulley that was making horrible noises. Opened the sealed bearing and found it to be full of crap but the bearings themselves seemed to be ok. Cleaned it good with carb cleaner and it rolled nice and smooth. Smeared a little grease in the bearing and sealed it up again. RUnning much quieter now but I know it's shot. Should have a replacement from rockauto in a few days.

• Like 2

isnt it amazing how much noise those make when they go? the idler pulley, was the very first item I fixed when I got the pathy from the daughter...wow how much better when that gets replaced, I thought the noise was from the ac compressor, thank god it was something so easy and cheap. $6.00 at parts geek...here's to no more noise! :suicide::sleeping:

finally got some real snow! been looking forward to it all year. 8 inches on the ground and its climbing! went bombing around in the snow yesterday. really loving having the LSD and 4 wheel disc setup now! so much more traction and braking for the bad weather. i live in a really mountainous area on the west coast of BC on vancouver island so good tires are a must here and i say, my duratracs did amazing! my truck goes up hills in 2wd that trucks in 4wd have difficulty with. 4wd is just beast mode, its unstoppable! lol

I bit the bullet and ordered the parts from rock auto. I think I got a good deal..$207 for 4 tie rods, center link, sleeves, and tension rod bushings. All moog brand and includes the shipping costs. I might finally get it done soon? Moved it out of the garage for different project.