What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Well starting this weekend I get to drive my pathfinder again, full time !! My step daughter has been using it to get to her new job, Which she just got fired from yesterday, they tend to not like it when you come late during training, anyway. Since my PF is basically sold the wife wants me to drive it as all I do is go to work and back, her daughter goes to work and who knows where. SO I have to strip my sentra down so she can drive it and I get my PF back ( until it sells anyway), I need to remove my complete stereo, air horns autometer gauges and put the car back to stock as all my goodies will transfer over to the hardbody when I get one.

Should be an interesting weekend, so much stuff to remove !! Not looking forward to it !!!

The fender flare was pushed into the tire and rubbed on left turns, so I decided to tear into it. Looks like there's no mechanical damage, so that's good. The lower valance and the bumper weren't too bad, but the driver's side bumper bracket is bent in new and exciting ways. When I get the bracket straight and flatten the fender out a bit, it should look good enough to leave until spring.

Any pointers on how to remove a bumper bracket? I can probably just straighten it from the outside but I would like to make sure it isn't cracked or something where I can't see it.

Does it run any better cleaned out? (I'd recommend motor or gear oil over WD40, it evaporates pretty quickly.)

(Crimp connectors and lots of electrical tape?)

It runs much better now, but I used up pretty much the whole can and gave the thing a blasting inside and out, then a repeat to clean it up. Also readjusted the idle (again). Sounds better, uses less gas right now, and on the whole there's been improvement. New carbs are expensive so going to have to make this one last...

I wish crimp connectors, we're talking twisted together wires, and plain old duct tape. Oh, and some dodgy connections straight to the battery for power, and the control box for the whole thing is wired into the fusebox tapping into a couple of things where a fuse failing will cause the thing to either sound the alarm, or refuse to disarm... fun times.

Finally guys she is back home after the engine rebuild.

The engine runs beautifully and it is a lot of fun to drive.

You all suppliers and specially Rob "Alkorahil" thank you for your help, without you it wouldn't be possible to do such a repair.

You guys in the US who have access to overnight delivery do not know how lucky you are. Here it takes weeks to get the parts in hand.

I took these pics in the yard this afternoon so that you can enjoy.

:)

Philippe.

P1010027_zps5ad212f1.jpg

P1010029_zps5d846303.jpg

P1010030_zpsba1a246d.jpg

your picture is backwards, the master cylinder is on the wrong side !!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Luckily they did the same mistake with the seat and the wheel... :laugh:

Ph.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the v-30 slightly funny? :)

Took mine out and about for the first time in at least a month. Miss it oh so much! And it appears my LSD is working better randomly. Turned full lock in some sloppy mud and both tires spun.... usually wouldn't do that.

Still all the same clunks, rattles, squeaks, and brake noises. Meh. This is why i spent a couple hundred on my stereo i guess. :)

I finished patching mine up tonight. Thanks for the tip Adamzan, I had no idea those bolts were in there! Made putting the bumper back in a hell of a lot easier. BFH work on the fender was technically a success (all the holes line up and it doesn't foul on anything), but I won't be using a framing hammer next time... I think I gave my Pathy cellulite. :rolleyes: Oh well, it's not a piano.

Congrats PHR, must be nice to have it running again! I'm not sure what to make of the engine colors, but I've got Bill Murray's face stenciled on my hood insulation, so I don't think I get to say anything. :whistle:

Congrats PHR, must be nice to have it running again! I'm not sure what to make of the engine colors, but I've got Bill Murray's face stenciled on my hood insulation, so I don't think I get to say anything. :whistle:

About the color, it is right that it looks a bit like an indian festival... but this was not the inspiration. Years ago when I first bought my terrano (late 2006), I was thinking to gradually bring it up to standard using the local mechanics. Mistake. I then decided to do repairs myself. As you all have noticed when you buy a white car, the white engine bay make it easy to work inside. when you have a black car the light you have to have to see anything inside maybe develop some comfortable heat during a winter sunday, but certainly become a nightmare in the tropics. This is when I started to paint the bay silver. The first job i did was on the heads and I painted the covers plus some protection and other in the color I found on the shelf at the time. The choice was between blue ford and this red.

The yellow came after when I got new nissan upper arms, already rusty.

When I did the block, i used silver (like the heads aluminum) not to add a fourth color.

The advise I would give if anybody was tempted, make you choice at once. Silver is the one which will make the work in the engine bay much easier.

Other than that I generally like to be unnoticed, low profile, invisible... I missed this time. :) .

Philippe.

I finished patching mine up tonight. Thanks for the tip Adamzan, I had no idea those bolts were in there! Made putting the bumper back in a hell of a lot easier. BFH work on the fender was technically a success (all the holes line up and it doesn't foul on anything), but I won't be using a framing hammer next time... I think I gave my Pathy cellulite. :rolleyes: Oh well, it's not a piano.

No problem. You should have used a rubber mallet lol. Now keep your eye out in the yards for a good fender.

Yesterday I put my door lock back together. I hate getting my hands in that tiny space but it wasn't too bad. Today I am changing my transfer case oil

LOL yeah, I used a rubber mallet for most of it, but it's fairly large and I couldn't get it in beside the flanges too well. I picked up the framing hammer and thought, well, this'll take care of that little high spot there... P...

I took it for a shakedown run today, tried to turn around on the shoulder, and got stuck. :doh:

P1010018_zpsf16628ad.jpg

On the plus side, the front end feels about the same.

PHR, that makes sense, working in a black engine bay somewhere hot must be a PITA. And it doesn't show from the outside, so you're still in stealth mode. :)

• Like 1

I don't have much to compare them to but I haven't been terribly impressed. I've also noticed that the tread blocks in the middle rows have little rubber caps on them with a little bit of tread molded into them... not sure what that's about. :scratchhead:

Today, Washed the truck, cleaned the windows in and out, vacuumed, armor all on tires, cleaned wheels, figured out why Dr. rear window was not working, ( Plug in master switch was not fully inserted OK now ), Washed my car also.

My AC compressor went bad before I got the truck, but it was still there. The pulley started to screech very loudly, and as I don't use the ac, I took the belt off. Now my engine is quiet again.

My AC compressor went bad before I got the truck, but it was still there. The pulley started to screech very loudly, and as I don't use the ac, I took the belt off. Now my engine is quiet again.

Holy smokes !!!! When I was putting the new alternator in lastnight I was contemplating doing the same thing. My compressor is shot as well and I think its a waste to leave the belt on spinning around and around. I might cut my belt off tonight. Yes, cut. I'm not getting the AC fixed anytime soon, if ever. No need to tear everything apart to take it off then readjust everything I just did last night.

Not hard to get it off with out cutting. just loosen the tension pulley thing, drop it around the fan. Then take of the front of the power steering pump, and pull the belt around everything. Took like 30 min, but can be done faster as im slow. Im thinking that, if I get a new ac compressor, ill rip the ac piping out and turn the pump into a air compressor. Ive seen it done and think it sounds cool.

Took mine out and about for the first time in at least a month. Miss it oh so much! And it appears my LSD is working better randomly. Turned full lock in some sloppy mud and both tires spun.... usually wouldn't do that.

Still all the same clunks, rattles, squeaks, and brake noises. Meh. This is why i spent a couple hundred on my stereo i guess. :)

[/quote

Does your new stereo go to 11?

Not hard to get it off with out cutting. just loosen the tension pulley thing, drop it around the fan. Then take of the front of the power steering pump, and pull the belt around everything. Took like 30 min, but can be done faster as im slow. Im thinking that, if I get a new ac compressor, ill rip the ac piping out and turn the pump into a air compressor. Ive seen it done and think it sounds cool.

I'm guessing I need to unbolt the fan? The ac belt is in the back of the 3, thought I had to undo all of them to get it out