What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I bought 4 new tires for mine. And did an oil change. I did however come across evidence of a leak. Will have to investigate it tomorrow when it warms back up. Any ideas what the culprit might be ??

DSCN0797.jpg

Edited by chrisj89506

Swapped out the lights on my targa bar. I was running some smaller fog lights, but I upgraded to the factory Boschs. These things are huge! Thanks to vagabond for trading me two of the lights I needed

2hyxsw9.jpg

• Like 1

I must admit, my garage has been nothing but a storage area for years, but since Shasta County is 2nd in the nation for vehicle thefts per capita and my hardbody was stolen earlier this year I have been worried about losing the Pathy too, going as far as getting out of bed to make sure the doors are locked. It may not prevent it from getting stolen but it might make them look elsewhere...

Anyway, over the last couple of weeks I have been throwing out all the crap I don't need and organizing (somewhat) hoping to fit the Pathy in the garage. Well today I finally got it done. I was worried that with the Pathy and the bike it would be a tight fit but was pleasantly surprised there was plenty of room for both and all the rest of my "stuff" that I could not throw away.

So no more worrying about theft OR scraping ice off the windows and a place to work on it if the need arises... Yay!

2014-01-04144006_zps31e85b0e.jpg

Flushed the transmission before work. Spilled most of the oil on the floor, pump hoses were ice cold and unbending, every time I pumped it would pull the jug over. Maybe I should use a jack while working under my Pathy....but that would be silly :lol:

Drove into town to fuel up... or tried to. Ran out of gas three miles from the gas station. I knew it was low but the light hadn't come on yet... :lol:

I was interested to see how much gas it would take to fill her back up... between the jerrycan and the fillup afterwards I bought 20.5 gallons of gas. I say 'I bought' rather than 'it took' because the jerrycan was shot, the baffle in the filler was unhelpful, and between them, a fair amount of gas went down the side. So I didn't find out how much usable capacity the tank has, but I did discover that you can pour gas in from a plastic cup if you jam the baffle open with a drinking straw.

So, what I did to my Pathfinder today... I washed the quarter panel with gas and lost part of a drinking straw down the filler neck. :doh:

(Anyone know of a downside to removing that baffle?)

Drove into town to fuel up... or tried to. Ran out of gas three miles from the gas station. I knew it was low but the light hadn't come on yet... :lol:

I was interested to see how much gas it would take to fill her back up... between the jerrycan and the fillup afterwards I bought 20.5 gallons of gas. I say 'I bought' rather than 'it took' because the jerrycan was shot, the baffle in the filler was unhelpful, and between them, a fair amount of gas went down the side. So I didn't find out how much usable capacity the tank has, but I did discover that you can pour gas in from a plastic cup if you jam the baffle open with a drinking straw.

So, what I did to my Pathfinder today... I washed the quarter panel with gas and lost part of a drinking straw down the filler neck. :doh:

(Anyone know of a downside to removing that baffle?)

I've found it's easier to siphon the gas out of the jerry can to the filler neck

If a vg30dett will fit, then a 370 motor will fit. Just takes a shoehorn and some creativity.

And how much of the frame was cut away for the VG30DETT? That is a WIDE motor.

Edited by silverton

Been trying to figure out why she is so hard on fuel lately. Don't remember if it was before the trans swap or not. Thinking my 02 sensor might have crapped out again, or it's my seized fan clutch.