What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Received my ECU in the mail this morning. So excited. My poor Pathy has been down for a couple of weeks after I took it swimming. Diagnostics shows the ECU as being the only problem, hopefully it will work. Going to drive to where it is sitting, an hour from my house. Keeping my fingers crossed. I miss driving my rust bucket.

I don't remember if it was this thread or not but I read about someone removing the fender flares the black pieces. I was wondering what the advantage of doing this is. Like I said though IDR if it was this thread or not or if they were putting different flares on.

just curious.

found the info i was looking for right here http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/35241-factory-fender-flares/?hl=%2Bfender+%2Bflare

My three cents:

1) 94-95 flares/flaps are different from 93 on back as mentioned already.

2) 94-95 flares/flaps are not as trail friendly as mentioned already, the flaps do not flex causing clips and screws to pop or worse damaging your fender.

3) Hardbody rear flares will not fit a pathfinder. They are shaped differently.

4) WD21 Pathfinder flares and flaps were sold as accessories, they are NLA from Nissan.

My rear wiper works only here and there. The fluid never has even though the pump does, I can't find where it's clogged either. Oh well I have bigger problems to fix first LOL..

Just blow some compressed air through the tube with it detached on the rear. We just did the same on my girlfriends pathy, works great now.

I went to supercheap auto (aus) it was only $6 and it can run 2 sets. It's a single pole rocker switch

what type of switch is that and monday i put my light rack on

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

i found the EGR valve and can't get it off the bolts are rusted pretty good, need to get a bottle of penetrating oil and a small piece of vacuum hose as there's a hole in the piece from the EGR valve EGRC-BPT valve. and it's dirty as all get out so i'll be cleaning it. but i need a socket and ratchet to get at it.

Use an MPS gas torch for the egr. Works every time, even for the large 24mm flare nut that holds it to the tubing.

So today I think I finally solved a way to run the vg33e upper manifold and throttle body in my wd21 (to complement the vg33 swap). I'll start a build thread with pics once I get a little further with the swap. So far so good, though!

Edited by Nefarious

Use an MPS gas torch for the egr. Works every time, even for the large 24mm flare nut that holds it to the tubing.

they're all pretty rusted. i'll have to get in there and do some work. but i'm sure that'll clear up my EGR check engine code. then i'll get the o2 sensor replaced and that should clean up the o2 code.

I don't remember if it was this thread or not but I read about someone removing the fender flares the black pieces. I was wondering what the advantage of doing this is. Like I said though IDR if it was this thread or not or if they were putting different flares on.

just curious.

I had my rear flares off for a while (didn't get around to putting them back on after doing the fuel tank) and didn't notice much difference. A friend of mine drove behind me on a wet day and said my rear tires were throwing all kinds of crap at his windshield, though. I bolted them back on. There's probably a better solution for the flaps but I haven't busted one off yet.

The other day - front brake rotors, calipers, pads, and 4 corner bleed, along with auto 4wd hub clean, repack (grease was slightly milky from water contamination sometime over the last 21 years, but metal bits were pristine)

I'm still here lol but i bought some new Shoes for my Pathy ^_^ 31x10.50R15 Nexen MT Rodians. Nothing too crazy, but at 115$ my cost per tire couldn't say no! and i think they look good!!

1901244_3816398344243_963180102_n.jpg

1922439_3816398504247_465759672_n.jpg

1920511_3816398104237_1735496857_n.jpg

• Like 2

I finally installed my EBay-New ECU. Started right up after 3 weeks down. Pathy didn't like the swim I gave it. Started right up, then wouldn't go into gear. I had to start it in gear over and over to break the clutch or whatever loose. All the way home it was stuttering and running rough. When I got home an hour later I noticed the idle was at 600. My Pathy doesn't fare well below 1k rpm. So I reset the timing and raced off to work. Ran great, but a little hard to start. It turns over for about 5 seconds before it catches now. And sweet baby Jesus, the windows were closed the whole time it sat!!!Full of that yummy Florida swamp water. The smell......It will be me, a water hose, and some Dawn early in the morning. But my Pathy is back home, that makes meh happy.

I'm still here lol but i bought some new Shoes for my Pathy ^_^ 31x10.50R15 Nexen MT Rodians. Nothing too crazy, but at 115$ my cost per tire couldn't say no! and i think they look good!!

1901244_3816398344243_963180102_n.jpg

1922439_3816398504247_465759672_n.jpg

1920511_3816398104237_1735496857_n.jpg

That's my size of choice. I like the 31x10.50. I always envy the look of the 12.50 but the skinnies have been good to me.The next monster I build will be a diff. story

I had my rear flares off for a while (didn't get around to putting them back on after doing the fuel tank) and didn't notice much difference. A friend of mine drove behind me on a wet day and said my rear tires were throwing all kinds of crap at his windshield, though. I bolted them back on. There's probably a better solution for the flaps but I haven't busted one off yet.

I will post pics but I took my flares off. I had bigger beefier flares. Looked cool, but I took them off in the garage one day to clean the line off the fender(bored) and the Pathy looked meaner. I am also a mudder, so they were hindering muh mud baths. So they do a great job keeping things inside the fenders.

i got it off and the hose changed, man it runs better now. i'm glad i was able to get at it. i didn't even Need to take off the EGR valve just the EGRC-BPT and one other vacuum line.