What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Took the alternator apart and freed up the stuck brush. Drilled holes in the housing for the brush. Maybe now the dirt will wash out instead of staying behind the brush. Relocated the computer to the glove box. By relocated I mean I cut the back of the glove box out and crammed the computer in there.

I found my solution for the torsion bar to LCA mounting bolts. A 1" long 10x1.00 bolt with a crush nut from an older Mercedes flex disk. The light bulb clicked on this morning and I dug through my hardware bin until I found the one extra I had for the 300TD I mechanically restored. It is the exact height, 5/16" to just barely clear the cross member bolts. I would rather have 1/4" though. Problem is, absolutely nowhere carries them new and I can't for the life of me find the used ones that came out of the car! The flex disks from Germany come with new hardware. So I need to run to the junkyard and snag a few. I never ever throw away good used hardware so I can't believe they're all missing.

IMG_20130823_145952_925_zpsc59fadf0.jpg

/>

Reworked the circuit board in the door lock timer. Some cracked and some cold solder joints.. Re-did the whole board and metered out the pins for continuity.

Hopefully now it works...

Awww Yeah...... it works perfectly again. Haha.

Met up with ahardb0dy and got my new headlight. Then spent about 4 hours in the Ocala National Forest. FWC snuck up on us from the river and advised us not to be tearing it up out there. Luckily we were not. Great trail riding out there.

Removed the drivers door panel to check the lock cylinder door unlock switch thing. It was ok, Removed the door lock timer and re-soldered a bunch of the connections and it is working properly again.

I went and picked up some nerf bars from Precise1. Holy cow the amount of metal on the frames that I had to drill through. I smoked my drill. It was ancient anyway. For the grip tape a friend of mine suggested calling a skate board shop. They sell grip tape that is approx 9"x33". Measure what you want. Get a straight edge and a razor knive and cut away.

photobucket-7000-1377482215551_zps5b10a4

Finished the front end. The steering is extremely tight, up in the air without the wheels its hard to turn. Don't know if something is wrong or if the center link needs to wear in or what. And because its so tight I've realized how much play is in my steering box.

Finished the front end. The steering is extremely tight, up in the air without the wheels its hard to turn. Don't know if something is wrong or if the center link needs to wear in or what. And because its so tight I've realized how much play is in my steering box.

Sad news today, found some nasty frame rust on one side in the rear. It was hidden under the previous owners undercoating job.

To fix properly (to my standards) I would have to take the body off and pull the axle and panhard mount, rebuild the lower section for about 16" (top and inside of frame is fine, bottom and outside are crap), but just don't have the time. So I plated the frame for the time being so its strong and safe but I'm now looking for a new donor pathy. Thinking of finding a clean 2 door or maybe another 4 door if its super clean and this time I'm getting a sunroof!! Then the swap project will begin...

I'll start a thread for it, I will be swapping over full vg33e swap, 6-7" lift, rear disc brake/lsd axle, stereo, etc and starting a new build.

Sad day for me but now I get to look for a new vehicle which is always fun

What I didn't realize is when I get out of my truck I slide my leg down the nerf bar. With the grip tape on the bars I need to be careful or I will not have any skin on my calf.

Almost finished patching up the frame. Managed to stop drill the cracks ahead of where they end and then welded them up, then I boxed in the area on the outside and bottom of the frame where it was weak. Now at least it will last me another couple years until I find a nice mint donor vehicle for my suspension and drivetrain.