What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I am a fan of old school 12v audio. I still have an old RF amp and a Lanzar 12' pro audio sub laying around here somewhere. Curious, what were the old mags? I'm almost willing to bet my paycheck they were "Car Audio" with two or three of them featuring an Astro van.

It's nearly finished, I have an LED light bar to go on & a vented skid plate to go from the bottom of the bumper down to the base of the radiator, etc, for protection. I'm also going to make the side pieces where the bumper ends a little more "finished". It's great because it's a very small bumper & weighs about 100lbs, I didn't lose any front height because of the weight.

2013-09-14152629_zpsccde2229.jpg

That doesn't even look like the same truck. I love it man!!

• Like 1

Got the roof basket installed, finally got my window struts swapped, and gave it a much needed bath to clean the gunk that had built up under the roof rack crossbars. I'll have to go somewhere and take some pictures soon. Driveway shots make me sad when I could be in the middle of nowhere instead.

I also prefer old school, my car has a Precision Power art series amp that I bought brand new in 1991 for $600 in it and I traded some other magazines about a year ago for a 2 ch Orion amp that is in the car also. Old school depends on how old you are also LOL

They were all Car Audio & electronics, I have them and Car Stereo Review, I originally had them both from the very first issue of each one (1987 & 1988) and had complete yearly sets up to about 2005, I was a long time subscriber, obviously ! this is what is left I inventoried them today:

Car Audio & Electronics:
88 - Dec
89 - Feb, Mar, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec
90 - Jan, Feb, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec
91 - Jan, Feb, Mar, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec
92 - All
93 - All Except March
94 - Oct, Dec
95 - Feb, April, Aug, Nov, Dec
96 - None
97 - None
98 - None
99 - Jan, feb, April, June, Oct, Nov, Dec
00 - Jan, Feb, Mar, April, May, June, July
01 - Feb, Mar, April, June, July, Sep
02 - July only
03 - April, May, June
04 - Jan, Feb, Mar, April, June
05 - Feb, May, June, July, Nov
06 - May only
07 - Feb, March

Car Stereo Review:
88 - Sept/Oct, Spring, Summer
89 - Jan/Feb, July/Aug, Sept/Oct, Nov/Dec
90 - ALL (6 isssues)
91 - Jan/Feb, Mar/April
92 - Mar/April, May/June, Nov/Dec
93 - Jan/Feb, May/June, Nov/Dec
94 - Jan/Feb, May/June, July/Aug, Sept/Oct, Nov/Dec
95 - Jan/Feb, May/June, Nov/Dec
96 - None
97 - None
98 - None
99 - July Only
00 - Feb/Mar, April

Edited by ahardb0dy

Gave her a good once over, getting ready for a few of us to head down Cottonwood Creek tomorrow. Seems all the stories I hear of the creek bed someone always has to get winched or pulled out..... Maybe I wont forget the memory card in my GoPro this time!

• Like 1

Well i changed my diff fluids, front and back, after getting 6 quarts of 75w-90 LSD safe Mobil 1 sythn for $12

And my rear resonator, rusted its way off so, i'm just gonna leave it off.

9849552704_5644aed355_c.jpg

9849603776_b6afdee09d_c.jpg

Amsoil trans fluid is next, tranny is grinding.

Cant wait to see if it lives up to its hype!!

-Kyle

• Like 1

Went and pulled some parts off a part out of a really well maintained 92.

-distributor

-new ngk spark plug wires

-both rear e brake cables for the disc brake models in awesome shape

-rear floor mats

-front cowls

-steering box with zero play and small taper for 2wd steering swap.

All for 90 bucks. It's like christmas for me and my girls pathys today!

Adjusted the door striker for the drivers side front door, I had noticed when looking in the side mirror that I could see the front edge of the rear door sticking out further than the front door, so now it is even. Tightened the nut on one of the switched on the brake pedal it had backed off.

Swapped the steering wheel for a junkyard one I got today, replaced the screw in rubber bumpers for the hood, replaced the underhood insulation, replaced the plastic ramp the spare tire carrier sits on, replaced the transfer case shifter knob with a leather one from a LE, installed a transfer case boot

Swapped the steering wheel for a junkyard one I got today, replaced the screw in rubber bumpers for the hood, replaced the underhood insulation, replaced the plastic ramp the spare tire carrier sits on, replaced the transfer case shifter knob with a leather one from a LE, installed a transfer case boot

How about I just drop my truck over at your place for a few weeks, lol.

Another successful rekeying of a Door lock on the one I picked up yesterday from the junkyard, whole lot easier and faster to do when you have the numbers of the wafers written down already in what order they need to go in to match your key !!

If it stops raining I'll pull the drivers door lock out and swap it with this one.

Door lock is swapped out and now perfect, vacuumed the new/used carpet and applied Borax onto it just in case their are any critters making there homes on the carpet, will let it sit for about an hour than re-vaccuum

Rekeying Nissan locks is actually super easy once you do it a few times. Super handy skill to have !

I've done every lock on my truck now, except the ignition which is the only thing i had a key for when i bought it. Lol

My 94 had the ignition key and none of the door keys so I re-keyed all the locks to match toe ignition, than on a suggestion on here, I re-keyed all my Sentra locks to match the pathfinder, so now one key does it all ! The ignition was sort of a challenge, so I pulled one from the junkyard to do first.

Yeah it's easy, hardest part is removing the chrome cover on the outside, I don't even try saving it, just rip it off, than I use the replacement chrome covers, they only have 4 tabs to bend over instead of re-crimping the whole diameter of the cover, I got them from a local locksmith shop.

I also put together a Nissan re-key box, 4 compartments for each different wafer, the little springs, and extra parts and lock cylinders.

155t24z.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy