What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

In the past couple weeks I have replaced:

CV axles

4 Shocks (rancho)

rear brakes

rear sway bar links and bushings

gas tank

front brake line

spark plugs (twice, long story), cap, rotor, wires

power steering hose and fluid

2 front tires

some other things i am forgetting

I also installed my pillar mounted gauge pod and wired in my trans temp and volt gauges. Still need to acquire a 3rd gauge.

Still need to do:

ARB

Hella lights

Skidplates - I have no idea how to install these, I bought them used.

But those can wait till I get back from the fall colours run this weekend.

Edited by adamzan

Ileft it home and drove the Sentra, after putting $25 in it day before yesterday and driving to work and back 72 mi twice it's about on empty again, should have kept my V8 dakota, probably got better gas mileage !!!

the Dakota, 2001, club cab 4x4 sport 4.7 V8:

2505rth.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy

Which bolts broke? I only broke one but used and impact to slowly go at it. If thr rear bolts broke you could probably cut the captive nuts off and use regular nuts.

I busted off one in the back and two in the front. The buggers start moving and then bind up, release, bind up, release, and break off. I don't have a rattle gun so I'm using a ratchet with a 3' pipe on the end of it, which might explain why I'm snapping bolts.

Trogdor, is there anything special to cutting out the capture nuts? I imagine they're easier to get to once the tank is out, but I'm still at a loss for how I'd get a grinder in there.

The only one I couldn't get with a grinder, if I remember correctly, is one dead behind the license plate/bumper. The others I could get to. It was easier with the tank out. It was actually easier than I thought it was gonna be.

Well not today but over the past week,Timing belt kit,water pump,cam seals,plugs,wires,dist cap and rotor.All new hoses and belts.Cleaned the MAF and throttle body.The timing belt write up that 5523 Pathfinder did was a great help.Next will be the valve cover gaskets.

TODAY !!!!! I JUST FIGURED OUT THAT DAMN DOOR LOCK PROBLEM !!!!!!!

WOO HOO !!! LOL

Also installed the snaps for the transfer case shifter boot as the carpet I just put in came out of a 2wd pathfinder, Ace Hardware sells a kit that includes 6 sets of snaps and the installation tool, (6 female, 6 male snaps), for less than $6.

Now back out to put the truck together,

Oh I also pulled the drivers side seat belt so I can see if there is a way to fix it, Yes I know the dealer will replace it but I'm too lazy to go to the dealer

Just got finished replacing the passenger side mirror. When my windshield was busted by a tree limb it got the side mirror as well. Its good to be able to see out the passenger side again. Also found out that the little clip that connects the rod from the door lock to the lock assembly is busted so that is why I cant lock or unlock the passenger door with the key. Woohoo.

James

Going to go out and make some front shock spacers and lower my torsion bars about half an inch, then I won't be topping out my shocks when I hit deep ruts.

Then cleaning up a set of 15x8 alloys I picked up for 75$ to switch my 33s off of the 15x10 steels and mount em on the 15x8 alloys. Betting it will be a nice performance difference dropping over 30 lbs per wheel in weight, lol.

Take the rear bumper off, I did, made it a whole lot easier.

Oh yeah, that SOB's coming off! I'm hoping to patch the last of the frame rot while I'm at it, so I'll need all the room I can get. I'll probably yank the flares too, just to get them out of my way.

The only one I couldn't get with a grinder, if I remember correctly, is one dead behind the license plate/bumper. The others I could get to. It was easier with the tank out. It was actually easier than I thought it was gonna be.

I'm really hoping mine come out without fighting me too bad, but I'll keep this in mind.

Oh I also pulled the drivers side seat belt so I can see if there is a way to fix it, Yes I know the dealer will replace it but I'm too lazy to go to the dealer

Somebody on here did a write up on that a while back. IIRC he was Canadian, and the belt wasn't warrantied the same there. I think he just cleaned it out and wound the spring a couple turns tighter.

I'm really hoping mine come out without fighting me too bad, but I'll keep this in mind.

Mine all came out about a 1/4 of the way....and then 4 out of 6 broke. Wasn't even wrenching hard! Just snap.....and gone. Drilled 2 out, but the others were a PIA so I just cut off the nut.

all I did with the seat belt is spray some lubricant inside of it, I don;t think it made a difference, probably just has a weak spring. I've taken them apart before and they are not fun when the spring flies out so I didn't mess with it ! Had a hard time getting the lower bolt back in must have messed up the threads at the beginning of the bolt, luckily the 6 pc. Metric die set I bought a while back had the right size in it, I cleaned up the end of the bolt and than it went right back in.

Oh yeah, that SOB's coming off! I'm hoping to patch the last of the frame rot while I'm at it, so I'll need all the room I can get. I'll probably yank the flares too, just to get them out of my way.

Somebody on here did a write up on that a while back. IIRC he was Canadian, and the belt wasn't warrantied the same there. I think he just cleaned it out and wound the spring a couple turns tighter.

Fwiw they are warrantied the same here.

Good luck with the tank. I actually lucked out and my frame is mint back there.

Changed the oil and greased everything in prep for next weekend. Unfortunately, I found a few things that will need to addressed afterward. After about 7 years and over 100k miles, my upper control arm bushings are worn out, as well as my tension rod bushings ar about done. Want to do something about it before they get wallered-out to much. Time to spend some money! And maybe I can shove my e-fan in at the same time.