What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Got halfway through the install of new rotors and pads... All was going well until I ran into a really badly seized caliper slide pin. Have to work at 1130am tomorrow so I guesss I'll be getting up early. Checked the others and they're fine... Thinking I may just want to get a new bracket and two slide pins? Ugh. Being stuck with one car with a bad wheel bearing and one with no brakes sucks!!

You should be able to get the pin out, use a punch if you have to. Clean all the old grease off ( probably why it is stuck), make sure to use new silicone grease on the pins. I had this stuff called sylglide I think it was, got it from Napa,

Went down to pick up a new one.... Cant get it till tomorrow morning. But now i have bigger problems. I can't use the 1/2" drive ratchet I was using. The jack. And a few other things. Cuz someone wants to be an a$$....

Well once you get the stuck pin out you should only need a standard 3/8" ratchet to get it apart the next time, just make sure to grease the slide pins. The craftsman set should have a 3/8" ratchet in it.

I usually will put the ratchet with socket on the bolt and give it a whack with my palm and that is enough to brake it free, no need to tighten it to death.

I have a 3/8" ratchet. But the socket I have to take off the bracket pin won't come out with it on the truck.) Is for a 1/2" drive. It's okay. I got a 25$ gift card to Wal-Mart. So I'll go buy a cheapy for now. Lolol. :) after that I should be set

Rachet bought. order for the caliper bracket canceled. got the pin out....... : Can you tell it's bent? I don't know if i did that when i was beating on it (finally stuck it in a vice and twisted it out.....) or if pushing on the brakes did it. But i hope once it's all back together it won't shimmy shake or wobble down the road or when stopping. it was bad....

1175353_568713399832459_2132997722_n.jpg

So for now it sits up in the air, three legged. Waiting on two slide pins boots (why the eff don't new pins come with new boots!?) :(

1234938_568706356499830_1579195534_n.jpg

Also figured out (never looked before) that lego's and my 31x10.50x15's clear the strut bottom by just a little. And that the drivers side rubs when it get's stuffed (front) while playing around in the sand at the beach... hahah. :)

Edited by Kyle94

Today my parts came in the mail so I went crazy putting stuff on. Until I got the rear window struts that is. I got the cowl panel piece on nicely, but then when I got to removing the rear window struts from the window, I can't figure it out. The top bracket end is super easy, just two 10mm nuts, but the bottom part at the bottom won't come off. It is the factory Nissan strut with no external clip on the socket to pry it off with. I tried simply spinning the ball part out as well, but the whole assembly the ball is screwed into turns and I can't think of a way to stop it from spinning. The only thing I've come up with so far would just be to cut it off, which would be okay since I have new parts, but that would leave a stud inside the rear window I still couldn't get out. Does anyone have any experience with this? I wouldn't have thought it would be this hard since it was quite simple to do the litigate struts.

Yeah, that is what I thought. I tried holding it with my fingers and a jar lid opener grip thing but I just can't keep grip on it. Maybe I can thing of something eventually. Thanks for confirming my suspicion though.

Took an hour and a half drive one way to buy manual locking hubs, then an hour and a half back and picked up a roof basket. Hopefully tomorrow I can find the time to actually do some work. Still need to try and get my rear window struts sorted out as well.

It's nearly finished, I have an LED light bar to go on & a vented skid plate to go from the bottom of the bumper down to the base of the radiator, etc, for protection. I'm also going to make the side pieces where the bumper ends a little more "finished". It's great because it's a very small bumper & weighs about 100lbs, I didn't lose any front height because of the weight.

2013-09-14152629_zpsccde2229.jpg

• Like 2

Just finished installing a 4 ch. amp that I traded a guy 22 old car audio magazines for, Cerwin Vega 60 x 4, running it in a 3 ch. mode, made a board to mount it on and also installed 3 fans controlled by a relay to move air across the heat sink, sounds pretty good, nothing fancy to look at but that's fine just wanted to get it in.

• Like 1