Ride Height

im re setting my torsion bars after having them out, so i need to know what the ride height of the pathfinder with no lift is supposed to be at.

please and thanks.

from the bottom of the frame to the ground on a flat surface.

Thank You

John

Measure the rear tosay the bodyline (since the frame is different height front to rear) then set the front so it's level. That's what I'd personally do.

• Like 1

tires will not matter if factory method is used. This method also allows for leveling left to right.

A-B=H

B = measure ground to bottom of stering stopper bracket on front side of LCA

A = measure ground to center of LCA spindle bolt.

H = your "ride height" for that side. on level ground H on left and right should be set the same

Factory spec for H is 1.73-1.89

So basically if you want you pathy to sit stock ajust your T-bars on level ground untill H= 1.75 on both sides.

WARNING! Increasing H by 1" will give you MORE THAN 1" lift. total lift should be measured as "New A" minus "OLD A" while using the same tires and level ground for each measurement.

• Like 2

once set you may find that your stock springs have sagged rear can be measured as

E-S= H

E = measure ground to the center of the bolt on the stock sway-bar end

S = measure ground to the center of the sway-bar anchor on the axle

H = Your "ride height" +/- 0.375" of zero means you sitting stock. Negitve numbers beyond that Indicate ammount of coil sag. And yes in this case Positive numbers are a close indicator of total lift in the rear

Edited by MY1PATH
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Haha holy crap Garret that's pretty detailed. Hell I've always measured from the ground to the lip of the fender flare and all four corners are at 31.75"

• 5 months later...

your sway bar should be parallel with the axle no matter what height you are. What doesn't stay parallel is the panhard rod, it requires a drop bracket if lifted, and keeps the body square with the axle.

your sway bar should be parallel with the axle no matter what height you are. What doesn't stay parallel is the panhard rod, it requires a drop bracket if lifted, and keeps the body square with the axle.

I think What Sewebster means is front to back, the arm that reaches out to the link. when your righ is lifted that part of the swaybar sloped toward the axle because the link on the frame is higher off the ground. If you are sagging it will slope towards the link.

Just measure the height of the link bolt from the ground and the center of the swaybar clamp(on the axle) from the ground its not that hard.

Yeah, I think I got it figured out. Thanks. So I have about 1" of lift, as I expected (previous owner apparently installed some springs from a Ford pickup). Now, what I did to level things was crank up the t-bars until the frame in the middle of the truck was parallel to the ground. I'm not sure if that is good, or if the front is supposed to be lower. I should have done the official measurements, but now I guess I'd have to lower the t-bars to the stock height and then crank them up again to figure it out.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

sorry all!

Don't shoot me for being a lazy A$$ right now.....I have my 3" CALMINI lift on now. The front is 18 5/8" from the ground to the lower lip of the kickpanel...The rear is 1/2" lower. I like the taller look, so is there spacers I could put for the rear, or should I just lower the front, or is that 1/2" not gunna make that big of a difference? Maybe new shocks will even it out?

Thanks for all your input! Pics to come... :beer:

:wtf: I think I'm gunna have to lower them. Here's my issue now.....Put new bushings in the UCA's & the passengers side went together just fine, but the driver's side spindle assembly isn't rolling up to connect the ball joint to the UCA. I notice the outer half shaft boot is split. Could've the half shaft slipped out of place? I MUST get this fixed by tonight. Please Help!