How many Miles are on your pathfinder

jwmyers23

• 1 month later...

91 terrano r3m 4874XX, Klms

just fitted new radiator, waterpump, replaced alternator twice, but this was due to the vacuum pump failing as it was the original refitted to first replacement alternator, a few years ago. Cheaper this time to buy whole assy and fit!! ......Now on 4th battery

New alternator assy is running too hot to keep hand on, but I don't know how hot this assy does run ... charging at 14.5 V (batt been charged up on bench before installing) .. I may have "sensitive hands"... lol

any ideas anyone, not about the hands. :blush:

Edited by grumpl

Thanks for quick reply Slartibartfast mate. Appears vacuum pump is causing heat as it's bolted to back of alternator and gets hot first, due to hot engine oil going through it... still quite surprised at the heating effect on the alternator though.

My Delica Super Exceed V6 4x4 petrol vehicle, the alternator just runs warm (no vac pump on back of course)

Cheers mate, have a good day

Edited by grumpl

• 4 months later...

Wow a thread I missed!

I've got 470,000+ kilometres on my 89 Pathy and still going strong as an ox!

I always keep the oil fresh!

1993 XE-V6 5spd with 258k+ on the odometer. I just bought it and hope it makes it till I get the timing belt changed. My 86.5 XE-V6 5spd has 202k+ on it, but the engine is less than 30k.

James

• 4 weeks later...

bought a 89 se- v6 ex-cab automatic, blew up original motor (215xxx) 10 miles from purchase spot, stripped down, primered, lowered and tinted truck, then swapped my wrecked 50AE 300zx motor and t-5 trans in (156xxx)...

the MPFI, maxima manifold, turbo and z32 rear independant axle are in the works as im writing this post!!!!!!

....... 260+ HP TURBO v6 HB!!!!! .... --=coming soon=--

Edited by Z31_hardb0dy

I might add that the Maxima plenum is the worst flowing one of the bunch, with the MPFI Pathfinder being the best.

216, 492. Finally getting the miles piled back on her instead of sitting around.