Rain X.........

rydsno

......is TERRIBLE!!! I learned my lesson a few years ago after applying rain x to the windshield of my car. It made my wipers horrible, especially at night. So I never used it again. Then, the other day, one of the guys at work bought some of the "rain x" winshield washer fluid for the shop and added it to the truck I drive(i didn't know this). And I also,(desperate for some w/w fluid) topped up the Pathy with some, thinking to myself that I probably shouldn't, cause the same thing's gonna happen, but I thought,"maybe it's not the same as the "actual" rain x. Well, was I wrong!! Now both the pathfinder and the work truck have horrible visibility and the trucks wipers are chattering because they are sticking on the windshield! I am soooo mad!!! So now I have to get this crap off.

So, moral of the story, don't use anything "Rain X" on your windshield!!!!

:nono:

hate to disagree but i put rainx on before going up to the snow country a couple of weeks ago and it worked great. i also got new wiper blades though, so maybe they canceled each other out..

My wipers are only a few months old. I do use rain x on my side windows and mirrors, it's just the windshield that I have problems with, which is the most important. I also have a friend who just bought the rain x wiper blades and couldn't figure out why his brand new wipers are worse than the old ones, they also chatter due to sticking on the film. Oh, and my windshield is in great condition, and I used to detail cars for a living, so product application is not the issue either, besides, this time it was the windshield washer fluid anyways. The actual rain x "wipe on" product does seem to work in the beginning, but after a little wear, is terrible. You'll probably see what I mean, especially at night, after you've had it on for a while. I also live in a very rainy climate. Vancouver Island, BC. Canada.

Edited by rydsno

I've used both the spray and the washer fluid. Only good things to say about them. The washer fluid's been particularly useful in the snow and ice - melts the stuff right off. The wipers seem to be a tossup. I had one pair that did a great job and another pair that were just terrible. :shrug:

i use the rub on stuff, it works really well both seasons, but sometimes it makes my wipers vibrate across the windscreen. maybe i need new ones. It's really good for the highway or country roads, but I find myself still using the wipers in the city

I also love rainX, and as far as the chattering wipers, try putting rainX on your wipers when you apply it to your windshield, seems to work for me. I LOVE rainX :)

and just for the record I use the wipe on stuff, as well as the washer fluid....

It does say on the back of the bottle to apply when above 40 Degrees. So considering most of the US is below 35... Need I say more....

I find also that Number to be a little too low... It works best when applied at about 50... Less of a haze appears that way.

Also I find that if you apply rain-x and Buy the Rain-x Blades... they seem to work together.

Rain-x is a Fantastic Product if it is applied Properly!

I use it on the headlights, skylight and shower doors as well. Though about rain-x'ing the kitchen floor and doing a bit of skating but that would probably result in injury

I love it, never had any trouble with it, hell with the Rain-X on you don't need wipers!

Their washer fluid is the best I have found in the winter, it actually will melt the ice and it doesn't turn to a snow-cone consistancy in the tank in sub zero temps like the generic blue stuff does.

most products aside from straight water leave streaks on my windshield. I have 3 theroys.

Old pitted windsheld causes streaks

wiper spring is worn out cause no number, type or length of blade helps

both 1& 2