tire size poll!

cuddey4x4

what size tires?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. what size tires are you running?

• 29-or less
    • 37+ or more

no need for 3". i would have to take it off when i SAS her anyway. im not a fan of BL and dont like how the vehicle rides with a BL on....though it would make changing oil filter and alternator a hell of a lot easier!! im runnin no sway bars at all right now and body roll is already bad enough. i dont need to go up another 3" to make it worse. plus i like stuffin big tires under a truck with minimal lift and stock rims.....its a personal thing of mine. we will see how the 34's and fender trimming do at Rausch Creek, PA in 3 weeks....gonna be a BLAST!!

Rich

king has a 3" BL and 4" SL and no rear sway bar......... he rides just fine...... just can't wing round corners like i can in mini... but he handles just fine. you can get a 3" BL for almost the same price as a 1".....

i have since trimmed my rear fenders, installed my 1/4" wheel spacers in the rear, and realized my tbars arent clocked correctly....

S6301345.jpg

S6301346.jpg

flexin with no rub

S6301331.jpg

S6301336.jpg

S6301338.jpg

now i gotta remove my coil spacer and reindex my tbars to get the stance level. it is "leaning" toward the drivers side now which is causeing the frame rub on the passenger side. also my tbar hanger is not tucked into the crossmember on the passenger side but i have the same measurements from the bump stops to the UCA's. going to try to fix all this tomorrow as well as finish sealing up my rear fenders.

oh and FYI, check for wires BEFORE you start cutting or else you will end up with this:

S6301326.jpg

and 4 hours later with about 20 blown fuses you get this:

S6301328.jpg

WHOOPS!!!!

Whats the biggest you can put on with out any moddifcations, dont have the cash for a lift right now?

-Vertigo

i was runnin 31 x 10.5 when i first got my pathy stock and had no issues....i even had the fender flares on back then too.

• 2 weeks later...

I selected 31 and 33 on the voting.

I am running 31's at the present and will soon be changing to 33's. I have a 2" suspension and body lift. This is the max we can go here in NZ.

Even at full flex I can get some rubbing with these 31" tyres, so when I get the new 33's, there will surely be some major rubbing going on there. I noticed this when we got her certed with some loaned 33" tyres, it rubbed at 1/2 lock on the flat and the rears rubbed when cornering too.

I would love to see some closer pics of the fender alterations some of you other guys have had to do for 33 or larger tyres too please. I am interested in how you finish the cut to the fender. I will have to add rubber fender flares when I do mine as it's all part of our certification and WOF crap we have to adhere to here in NZ.

Edited by kiwipete

Got 31x10.50's w/ 3" BL. I got new UCA's BJ's TRE's & rear springs to put on as soon as I kill thes tires. Going for 3+3=33

all I can find in a 33x10.50 are TSL's & BFG AT's or MT's is this realy my only options in this size? I dont want TSL's.

Got 31x10.50's w/ 3" BL. I got new UCA's BJ's TRE's & rear springs to put on as soon as I kill thes tires. Going for 3+3=33

all I can find in a 33x10.50 are TSL's & BFG AT's or MT's is this realy my only options in this size? I dont want TSL's.

my coopers come in 33x10.5 & 33x12.5 (what i have)

• 2 weeks later...

I took off the factory lego's and 31x10.50's, and replaced them with my extra set of wheels from my wifes Xterra that we sold last year. They are the Supercharged Xterra wheels with BFG Rugged Trail T/A's 265/65/17 approx 31". I love the way it updates the look of the Pathfinder.

DisneylandCars456.jpg

DisneylandCars454.jpg

Edited by GreenEnvy94Pathy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

37x14.00x14 Bias IROKs :ar15:

hahaha sorry i had too. for what its worth, they are my new favorite tires, i wish they made em in a smaller size than 36" for when i was ifs. 33x13.50 ltbs would be my choice for a smaller size though, they hook up nice!

• 4 months later...

3"BL and 33's... As you can tell they tuck up in my fender nicely. There is minimal rubbing!

Technically they are 32.83's - they came on my truck when I bought it. I am not sure of the wheel backspacing and such.

Here are the tires technical specs that I copied from http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculato...p?action=submit

Tire Size - 285/75R16

Section Width: 11.22 in 285 mm

Rim Diameter: 16 in 406.4 mm

Rim Width Range: 7.5 - 9 in

Overall Diameter: 32.83 in 833.88 mm

Sidewall Height: 8.41 in 213.61 mm

Radius: 16.41 in 416.81 mm

Circumference: 103.1 in 2618.7 mm

Revs per Mile: 633.5

N1.jpg

N2.jpg

N3.jpg

N4.jpg

N5.jpg

N6.jpg

Edited by BonnerBB

Remember, rim backspacing and width (tire width also) are also a factor. I believe the recommended backspacing is 3.75" (3.5-4.0 ok), 8" wide rims are common (6-7 stock) but wider may not be wise. 33"x10.5 (what I am considering) would fit better than 33"x12.5. It all adds up, .5" here, .5" there... :shrug:

B