tire size poll!

cuddey4x4

what size tires?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. what size tires are you running?

• 29-or less
    • 37+ or more

im running 30 x 9.5 Definity Dakotas on my 93. I wanted to go with 31's but wasnt sure if they would rub. For whatever reason, my front end sags a bit and when i get it inspected here in PA, they never tell me my shocks are blown. Go figure.

im running 30 x 9.5 Definity Dakotas on my 93. I wanted to go with 31's but wasnt sure if they would rub. For whatever reason, my front end sags a bit and when i get it inspected here in PA, they never tell me my shocks are blown. Go figure.

front end sag does not necessarily have anything to do with shocks. Have you tried adjusting your torsion bars?

I took off the factory lego's and 31x10.50's, and replaced them with my extra set of wheels from my wifes Xterra that we sold last year. They are the Supercharged Xterra wheels with BFG Rugged Trail T/A's 265/65/17 approx 31". I love the way it updates the look of the Pathfinder.

DisneylandCars456.jpg

DisneylandCars454.jpg

I did sorta the same thing except I took the 17's off a titan and had the center bore machined. Then I used automotive matte black and sprayed them in a spray booth. Then I had to custom make some center caps.

I used a bigger size - 255x75 17" making mine approx 32"x10" something.

I totally agree, it makes the pathy look updated!

449690076_5nfYS-L.jpg

This is before the centers were completed and before the full size spare made it on the back

449689879_KdvhT-L-1.jpg

449689980_7xU7W-L.jpg

I don't have many pics of the new setup at all yet..

-Colby

3+3=32s till I get new rims as well. I have rubbing issues with my stock lego rims. I cant find anything up here. Need to order some over the border.

31x1050x15 kumho venture mt

How are those tires working out for u? I want those in 33s but still have not dicided. Decent in mud and highway?

• 2 weeks later...

Why does a 31" tire actually measure out to be about 29.5-30" ???

And a 33" be a 31" ???

How do they measure them from the factory?

My buddy's Bronco II has 33" Baja Claws on it, and from the ground up they measure exactly 31" and mine measure 30". Because if his tires measure what they do...and the Pathy comes stock with 31s...

Edited by kingman92010

• 2 weeks later...
Different manufacturer's tires measure differently.

My 285/75R16 should, based upon the math, equal 32.8" high. They're actually 33.5-33.75" tall.

How does this happen? I don't see how tire companies can make a tire measure bigger than what's actually there...

:shrug:

Many times, the "shell" of the tire is what's measured. The treads aren't taken into account. Other times, the mould is measured. It all depends.

Trxus are notoriously larger than the sidewall states, as are super swampers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am running Firestone Firehawk RMT 33x12.50x15 on a 15x10 8 hole aluminum wheel with 4" back space. With 3" suspension lift and some fender trim. The tires stick a good 4-5" outside of the fender.

Edited by Morningwould

• 1 month later...

I was running 31x10.5x15 BFG AT's but when I sold the pathy, but the new owner said the alignment was wearing out the tires so she replaced them with some crappy cheap tires that I don't remember what they are, also 31x10.5's, that were on it when I bought it back. I'm going back to either my BFG's (as I have a full size matching spare that's never been used) or maybe some toyo's, cooper's, or maybe nitto's, depending on the deals I can find. I really liked my BFG's though. This is one is my DD so a nice AT would be nice for bad weather and occasional light offroad use.

My 87 has some 33x12.5x15's with 4" TM SL and 3" BL. It sits up as high as my dad's stock 03 chevy 2500 diesel truck. Looks real nice, but needs a new set of tires and a SAS this winter before I can take her out again...

Edited by Soccerstudd5

• 4 weeks later...

my black beast rides on micky's baja claws 33's 12.5x15 on 15x8's stick out about 3" flings the mud chunks up on the roof! damn good mud grabbers that's for sure, we will see how they do in the snow!? The red one has 31's BFG's A T's did good last winter on the icy streets! "The AT's need rotating!every 3to4K The tread pattern likes to wear funky" so I was told by my alignment guy, at 30 psi in rear the center's were warn and up front at 35psi both wheels had equal wear on both outer edges with 4k on them 95% tread left, wear on the centers and sides was less than 1/8" but then again I drive like a maniac late four panic atack!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys wondering how wide of a tire i can go with, without mods and rubbing? I plan for a 3" body lift eventually and then run some 33's but dont know how wide i can go.