Pathfinder project on Extreme 4X4 T.V. show? UPDATE

jitterymonkey

Use it to get to the trail? Y r they sasing it then....I hate that they don't give the pathy credit....and put a body lift on it and some tires and wheels and tires for wheeling

In a part of their writing about it, they claim it will be seeing a fair bit of rock crawling.. perhaps its going to be more of a performer than a stage hand? only time will tell! :crossedwires:

That was lame. I really don't give a crap about the 135243523152 jeep builds. That is why I have a path. It is not a cookie cutter vehicle.

:rofl:

a jeep used to be a military vehicle, it had to be cookie cutter

the new jeep isn't any different from a regular suv although it is still more capable than most crossovers

Look at it this way, the Viewfinder will go to every trail, haul stuff and transport people. Maybe they will talk about it more out on the trail. At least they chose a reliable vehicle to go out to the trails everytime! Not a one off fancy Extreme 4x4 that will only see the trail once. Think about that!

It's a neat episode. They ended up putting a Dana 44 in the front with CALMINI SAS kit, I believe it was a Chevy or Chrysler rearend. I believe they are getting ready to do a few more things to it.

I emailed them a few years back to see if they could do a Pathy project. Ideas for all of us. Would be kinda neat if they would go a little extreme & do a small block 350 or 302 swap. I'm planning on buying all the episodes for the Pathy. Would be neat to have for my Off-roading dvd collection.

Would be nice to get our Pathy's noticed more. Maybe more companies would be willing to produce more after market products. Keeping my fingers crossed.

perhaps because ring and pinion, lockers, chromoly axles, etc are cheaper for those more common axles. Perhaps the Dana they swapped in the front was a 5 bolt and instead of swapping knuckles like some do they just swapped whole rear ends. I'm thinking it was a combination of a lot of reasons but definitely sponsor parts going on for sure.

Nice how they explained why they changed axles.....then poof it is done. It would have been nice if they even spent 2 minutes talking about how they made those axles actually attach to the Pathfinder, and how they ran the steering linkage etc. etc., but they didn't care about it, they just wanted to say it was finished so people wouldn't ask about it anymore. :wackinit:

so basically what happened extreme 4x4 tried to be original then was paid off by jeep and hummer to hide the strength of these bad#ss nissan trucks, so what people have always been sheep. just laugh and keep howling at the moon. they just give us more trophy wives and dum ars husbands to tow while weare out enjoying rigs that are capable and fuel efficient.

Nice how they explained why they changed axles.....then poof it is done. It would have been nice if they even spent 2 minutes talking about how they made those axles actually attach to the Pathfinder, and how they ran the steering linkage etc. etc., but they didn't care about it, they just wanted to say it was finished so people wouldn't ask about it anymore. :wackinit:

I thought they said a the end, with the Pathfinder, that they were going to address steering and a few other issues in a future episode? Maybe I wrong. I would of liked to see how they adapted the rear axle to the Pathfinder rear suspension.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for bringing up a old thread but what happended to this pathy? I came across this pathy when my tv recorded it and it was the last episode. To me they put way to big of tires on it and it didnt even look functional (fenders sitting on the tires). Not sure how long ago this episode was shot but just wondering where its at now?

Rather an old one brought back than a new one on the same thing :aok:

Proably got lost in the sea of "budget built" complete ground up tube buggys or throw-stacks-of-money-at-it-TJs and JKs...

Rather an old one brought back than a new one on the same thing :aok:

Proably got lost in the sea of "budget built" complete ground up tube buggys or throw-stacks-of-money-at-it-TJs and JKs...

:rofl:

I second the first part of posting new topics.

Does anyone have a YouTube link to the pathy vids?

Thanks

-Kyle

I have searched and searched for episode vids but nothing. Nothing on youtube either. kinda sucks and there really isnt any pics of it done. I have it recorded and i will try and take some pics of it with my phone and post them.

Your the man!!!!! I searched and searched and all i could find is where you had to buy the episodes. And i just went to check and my episode got deleted and i was bummed out but cool now i can watch the first ones :jig:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm REALLY thinking about having someone convert a rear axle over for a front axle for a SAS. If they are that strong, why not? I understand the cost of cutting & fabricating to work for the front, but can be done. Wouldn't you think, if you can find some shop wanting to get their name out in the market, would be willing to try something like this for cheap & have people promote them? Might have a money maker if you hit the salvage yards & pick them up for cheap & begin building....If I could weld & knew what I was doing, I'd do it myself. Hmmmmm, time to take a welding class... :scratchhead:

Edited by 94 Pathy