Pathfinder project on Extreme 4X4 T.V. show? UPDATE

jitterymonkey

I missed it... Can someone who recorded it please put it on youtube or something so I can see it?

You didn't miss anything. They talked about how messed up the engine was and how to rebuild it, only to say towards the end that they were swapping in a new one. A 5 second product plug for Crapmini since they are regearing the T-case. Then the "camera crew" breifly explained their gear locker they are going to build in the back cargo area.

If they do anything truely inovative with the build, I'll be shocked.

Hey everyone, its been a while since I last posted anything on this forum, mainly 'cause my pathy was hit and I decided to take the money and run... :thumbsdown:

Anyway, I thought I would comment on the Extreme 4x4 project appropriatley coined by the camera man "The View Finder" or something of that nature. I'm kinda offended though that they are making this a chase vehicle rather than a full on 4x4. However, they are just getting started and in this episode they've all ready equiped it with some nice goodies like calmini gears in the t-case and a kevlar clutch complimented with a re-manufactured long block (if memory serves me). It makes me happy that this truck finally gets some mainstream publicity that it so rightfully deserves . Happy Trails

It too bad they stayed pretty general about the VG engine, or nissan for that matter. It was all pretty generic to me. Hopefully it will bet better and highlight some of the great aspects of our vehicles.

I can hear the announcer now.......... "Tune in next week to see what happens! Same bat time! Same bat channel!"

• 3 weeks later...

O.K. Now I'm gettin' pissed :angry:

3 weeks of that stupid TJ build and no Pathfinder project.

I sent them a polite e-mail :stickwack: at.....

info@xtreme4x4tv.com

Asking when it would return.

Also mentioned that just because it's a chase truck doesn't mean it shouldn't be Xtreme.

and think if they received a lot more on the Pathy

They might not forget about it.

Edited by jitterymonkey

• 3 months later...

Just thought I would revive this thread as the show has brought the "Viewfinder" back. I watched it today and they put on a front bumper, removed the IFS and made new rear axle links. They also showed the measurements for the portal axles they will be putting under it. Should be on tomorrow, on Spike.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

i watched it also... if only i was as good of a welder as the show makes the host seem to be ;), i would have some nice pretty rear control arms like they ones he fab'd up today! i'll be tuning in next week to see if they include the truck again.

• 2 years later...

I was just changing my recording settings and I looked ahead to next weeks episode of Extreme. Says its a new episodes with new axles getting installed in a Pathfinder!!!

http://www.powerblocktv.com/site3/index.php/xtreme4x4-episodes?ep_num=XT2011-02&ep_sea=1001

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

good to see they are in a hurry for it... if it was a Heep, Toyota, or some retarded bling-bling Silverado with Thornbirds and trucknuts it would have been done in 2 back to back episodes

I was doing some searching and found out the portal axles were not going to work very well. Sounds like a Dana in the front and a Chrysler axle in the back. I will still watch.

Yeah, they were getting them fully custom made. From what I heard they were going to basically be Hummer reduction (portal) boxes slapped on the ends of a narrowed D60, guess that didn't work out so well.