Pathfinder project on Extreme 4X4 T.V. show? UPDATE

jitterymonkey

i saw that too. i sent them an email about npora. i'll post if they respond

Yep...I was there cheering at the TV also.

For those who did not see today's episode, have no fear...they simply stated that there would be a project Pathfinder this season. They did not start any work. From the one second shot of the Pathfinder, it appeared to be a WD21 4-door. I'll keep my eye on their website for when the episode appears on Spike (new episode every Sat which is also replayed on Sun).

Can't wait!!

Edited by rustyole88pathy

I hate that show...sure, let's throw mega-bucks at any old truck or 4x4 you can think of and see how expensive and non-real-worldly we can make a project.

Idiots. Reminds me of Monster Garage...sure, it cost you $5000 AFTER the free $45,000 donation items. Asswipes.

And, when they did the mini truck Toyota one. They were gonna SAS it and bob the bed. I figured that would be pretty cool to watch, since they hardly do any imports. They rip the front end off, and out of the blue they say "we may as well throw a crate 350 in there". That moment made me stop watching spike TV weekend mornings.

I agree they do get Xtreme when it comes to high dollar mods, But that's why they didn't call it

" IN YOUR DRIVEWAY WITH A MONKEY WRENCH 4X4"

The Suzuki Samurai they're doing is pretty low buck, using Toy axles,lower transfer case gears and a VW diesel swap.

if I'm remembering right they went with a coil conversion,EXO cage

Could save a lot of money by using YJ leaf springs over axle and no EXO cage.

I watch it to get ideas and Jessi, love a girl who wrenches. :wub:

(Waiting on my Slicks fan club member #)

Edited by jitterymonkey

• 4 weeks later...

did they just say the V6 in that truck was a DOHC? Its cool that they are rebuilding it...but i think it would be cooler to see a crate motor dropped in

edit: nvm looks like they are putting in a new engine...oh well

Edited by laxman0324

I was disappointed, felt like they were more interested in advertising the HDTV abilities. Didn't even talk about suspension yet or lockers.

I think the writers are still on strike.

I was a litte disappointed also.

Hopefully next week.

They're gonna have to beef up the suspension with a 4door/rear tire carrier and all the weight

that's being added.

Also like to see armor upgrades

Hey everyone, its been a while since I last posted anything on this forum, mainly 'cause my pathy was hit and I decided to take the money and run... :thumbsdown:

Anyway, I thought I would comment on the Extreme 4x4 project appropriatley coined by the camera man "The View Finder" or something of that nature. I'm kinda offended though that they are making this a chase vehicle rather than a full on 4x4. However, they are just getting started and in this episode they've all ready equiped it with some nice goodies like calmini gears in the t-case and a kevlar clutch complimented with a re-manufactured long block (if memory serves me). It makes me happy that this truck finally gets some mainstream publicity that it so rightfully deserves . Happy Trails

what kind of idiot replaces the clutch after they put the motor back in the rig???

Nothing about exhaust manifolds... could have spent the $$$ on the t-case gears on some Thorleys imo... Since they Said Calmini you know what left they will be using...

I'm curious to see what else they do to it. They build some nice lookin stuff when the mood strikes them and i get to find company names (like Calmini) and maybe get some ideas for what can be done with/to mine :)

Should be an interesting build considering they are useing portal axels, somthing that none of us can say we have done. Honestly I don't mind them taking their builds to the absolute limit on budget and whatnot only because it is a tv show, and all of that is souly driven off of advertisement. I can't wait to see the finished product. I am going to guess they roll with a Calmini sas set up, but where they are such coil fans, I think it would be cool if they adapted a coil set for a toy to it.