look at my truck now...

Illusionist

So i was on my way home from school and this lady pulls right out in front of me and practically stops in the middle of the road. I slam my breaks hard but get her right between the tires driving her passenger side in 18 inches. She wasn't wearing her seat belt and had supposedly serious injuries, but none visible that i could tell. They took her away on a stretcher and she also had no insurance. This was a week ago and the police have yet to complete an accident report so i'm stuck without a car, which sucks. Check out the pictures

412007brainerd002mu9.jpg

412007brainerd003oh9.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch...that's no fun at all. Side impacts are the worst kind of impacts for occupants. Since you had to be involved, I'm glad you had to be on the giving end of it, not the receiving end.

Hope everything works out for ya.

Air what?!?!? You drive a WD21 Pathfinder, don't believe there is such an animal with airbags.

Glad to hear (read) that you're alright.

Edited by Simon

I know my 95 does not. Are you 100% sure? Any 94-95 Pathy's I've ever seen do not have any air bags. Not to mention, there is no mention of air bags, air bag sensors, or an air bag computer in the Factory service manual. I'd be curious to see a pic of your steering wheel to see if it's the same as mine.

Edited by Simon

Glad you are ok, and the Pathy held up great (considering).....

No air bags/nor are they mentioned in my manuals either....yes, the steering wheel looks like it has an airbag, but if you notice, anywhere you push, the horn goes off.....it's not an airbag, just a horn....lol.

LOL, airbag or windbag? Airbag would be in the steering wheel, windbag would be holding the steering wheel... :P JK!!

Sorry about the accident. Glad you are ok and I hope she is also. As for no police report, I'd be raising hell !!! I'd say your pathy is totaled (frame bent), do you have uninsured motorist coverage??

B

Good to read that you are OK!!

Hope you get a fat insurance check so that you can get back on the road!.

I would be pretty mad about the lack of the police report! -argue-

Good luck!

Matthew

P.S. No airbag on the '92 SE

Edited by McClurgM

No, I think they come equipped with a "barf bag" ya know, so you have something to puke in after you realize what has happened to your pathy LOL... Sorry to hear about that.

i don't have uninsured motorist coverage but i was not at fault in the accident so the lady is taking al the fault and my insurance company is suing her for the damage. I'm kind of hoping it is totaled because i only paid 2k for it and i should get back what it's worth probably around 3 to 4k!

i guess my '95 didn't have airbags, so yeah! But i was also surprised at how little my pathy was damaged compared to her car!

I called today about the police report and it still wasn't ready, so i'm going to go down there tomorrow and figure out what's going on with it.

my 94 se has airbags and i have two round sensors right behind the bumper, i was about maybe 1/10th of an inch from seting mine off in my accident

I would like to see where on your steering wheel or dash, either of them is marked SRS (Supplemental restraint system)

Sorry, dude, I don't think you have air bags.

well maybe slick was mistaken. because i have seen pathfinders that are wrecked in wrecking yards, and i dont see where the airbag has deployed

sorry man, pull off your steering wheel cover, and all you will see is some metal and the horn....