Why do you guys wheel

FLApathy

for those that wheel, why do you do it?

me, i like to explore the area, push me and my truck to the limit, and its a rush sometimes and it takes some brains sometimes

Edited by FLApathy

because it's relaxing (most of the time) fun, social, exciting, adrenaline rush and gets me the F outta dodge onna sunday afternoon -bounce- -bounce-

Because I do not smoke pot anymore. When I go wheelin I get the giggles....it makes me feel like a giddy little kit on his first big-wheel. Plus the exploring part is high up there too. I too sometimes prefer a dirt bike because I can go places my pathy can not.

cuz the guys dig it... ;)

hehehe... When we started wheeling the X, it was a lot of fun, I loved the social aspect, and loved that we got out camping and doing more outdoors...

Then I had the itch to offroad the pathy and drive myself... I love prooving how well that pathy does (and the driver too) offroad. It's a sense of accomplishment everytime I push it a bit further, and scare the hell out of myself, and get thru another obsticle.

I do it for the relaxation. All the stress and drama in myself and around me disappears when I am out there. I also love pushing the Pathy to the limits and showing fellow non-Pathy wheelers what the old girl can do.

Like Pezzy said, it's the rush when coming to an obstacle that looks tough to get past and the sense of accomplishment when I get past it (in a stock vehicle, too!) :cool2:

anyone can drive on a road. Most of them are in front of me every morning doing single-digit MPH when I'm trying to get to work. Wheelin gets me away from traffic and puts you in that much smaller group of people who have driven there before. Makes me feel a bit more superior than those mall-rats on the highways.

I enjoy having the ability to turn Left off of the Dirt road when I want too...

Besides its fun when you have to pull out one of the brother-in-laws new rigs with the OLD PATHFINDER.....

I originally went because I bought a 4wd, might as well use it. Now I go because I enjoy the ride and the company of those I'm trail riding with. Hell, sometimes the tails at the campfire at the end of the day are better than the ride its self.

I wheel because I love to challenge myself and my truck. I gave up on describing to non-wheelers how awesome WD21s are on trails and what I do with mine. Even most wheelers don't believe me what I put my truck through. This weekend I ran into a group of four trucks that were hitting my favourite trail. They had a Unimog, a Heep on beadlocked 37"s, a '52 Willys on 38"s and an early 4Runner on 35" Swampers. They had to tow the 4Runner out of the trail and they stopped right by my campsite to try to bring it back to life. They kinda knew me by reputation and I knew of them due to mutual friends. We got talking about how awesome that trail is and how sometimes it let's you pass it and sometimes you have to turn back with your tail between yer legs. When they asked me what I run the trail it with... I pointed at a stock WD21 nearby (not mine as I am still working on it) and said "that on 32"s"... they just gave me the "HOLY CRAP YOU'RE NUTS" look. Yea... I am a cocky bastard. sly