Why do you guys wheel

FLApathy

well i'd still consider myself a rookie at the wheeling scene...i've been doing it since i was about 12 (driving on the beach) but when i was 16 i got my pathy and would always hit up ft bragg for some fishin and some wheeling...i guess i got hooked when i went with a buddy in his explorer when i was 14-15...

lets see i'll start a lil list of y i do it...but 1st i say im a rookie b/c im conservative and dont break stuff (this will change soon)

1. MUD

2. its relaxing going out riding some trails with spurts of adrenelin (bad sp i think)

3. i do a lot of wheeling alone w/out a winch (come a long and ropes in hand tho)...not scared to take a risk sounds dumb but most of my friends dont have 4wds or do but wont use them so i know the limits of my truck and usually get out of hairy situations before they get too thick

4. taking other folks who have never been and seeing the rush they get from the ride...i've got friends that have 500hp cars that had never been offroad and to see them get white knuckles and grab the ohh @!*% handles is great

5. cause the chicks dig it (at least i've gotten the bug to bite the gf she's hounding my ass to fix the 87 lift it so we can go to URE and do the big stuff) and according to her fix it and give it to her to drive...my response to that was obviously a quote from rodney carrington "dream on hooker"

I wheel because I love to challenge myself and my truck. I gave up on describing to non-wheelers how awesome WD21s are on trails and what I do with mine. Even most wheelers don't believe me what I put my truck through.

amen

im the same way

adrenaline! pucker factor, thats why i built my rig the way i did. Plus i'm from the mountains, and now live in the city. Getting back to your roots is always a good thing!

I grew up riding and driving caterpillar skidders. So now i'm on the quest to build a rig that will go where it did. YA RIGHT!

but serisously. its friends, family, solitutude, adrenaline, and the ya, i build it so *&^! off factor

I first started because is was always something my dad and I said we were going to do, but we never really had the chance to while I was at home, so I started going on my own. I got a pathfiner, and realized how much fun it is, and now mostly to just get away from all the crap in life. I helps my mind wonder from day to day troubles, and oh, it is aways fun to see the look on some peoples faces when your keeping up when the have 2x the foot print. :D ...