What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Hey thanks guys, yes well I had to put my other wheels on hold for now since it’s -40 C* Out in the shop. I started working on a different wheel, the flywheel, I wasnt happy with the appearance of it so I coated the inside cast iron part and the outer lip, then just started at 80 grit approach with the emery paper up to 3k grit, then polished with green and white emery, using a dremel then metal polished, Gives a nice mirror reflection, not bad for a 26 year old part.
The other side I left alone except for the inner diameter around the flange
4252675970cdbad712199bbe1d474390.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

e6f67efc0d99b0d60c2965cd4f90e77c.jpg
That’s what my girlfriend said about this steering collum bracket with a viking compass and nordic protection runes that gets covered by the dash. Winter in Canada is cold what else to do but powdercoat every thing in sight? For the record I had a leak in an old windshield and that piece must of had water dripping on it awhile because it was encased in rust

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 2:41 PM, RustFlames said:

e6f67efc0d99b0d60c2965cd4f90e77c.jpg
That’s what my girlfriend said about this steering collum bracket with a viking compass and nordic protection runes that gets covered by the dash. Winter in Canada is cold what else to do but powdercoat every thing in sight? For the record I had a leak in an old windshield and that piece must of had water dripping on it awhile because it was encased in rust

I've been doing the same thing while working on my 75 280z. Took the dash out and sanded all the rust off it to paint it. Didn't do a nice embellishment like you did though, I was mainly concerned with protecting from any rust in the future.

The new hard line I welded up won't work since Im an idiot and thought it only needed to be ben 45°.when it actually needs to be 90°. Been thinking about how nice it would be to have a 4bt under the hood eventually for the extra torque and mpgs. Too bad it's no feesable

Edited by Charlie_Brown
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Flushed my coolant system and cleaned the reservoir. 

Got the torsion bars adjusted so my ride height in the front is normal. 

M7hcSAL.png

• Like 2

It's nearly perfect with the exception of a couple dings and little patina appearing on the top (but I do like the look of the patina). The entire car is a time capsule it had the factory floor mats and net for the trunk when I picked it up. 

B2Wi9zt.png

Finally got new tires!

1990 SE stock suspension 

31x10.50x15

do I trim the flares or remove all together?
The rears rub during normal driving. No rub in the front. 

60F37596-1713-4E84-8B41-6DA49BFDB660.jpeg

From the picture, it looks more like some bolts/clips are missing (or the sheet metal that holds them has rotted out). The front of the flare shouldn't be curving back like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Put in a new loaded strut due to wallowed out strut mount that I installed a year ago. I noticed Monroe put the spacer ON TOP of the strut mount. Last year I put the spacer UNDER the mount. Has anybody else made this mistake?

I hit several junk yards today. Only saw 4 Pathfinders. Apparently, there's supposed to be a cap on the rear wiper??? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ0QERV5Lww

Changed the oil. Castrol 5w30 and a random fram filter I found in the garage.

Found my exhaust leak, the drivers side pipe to the y pipe, gasket/flange is blown out at the bottom. I have doug thorley headers in the closet for 3 years. So I will weld the flanges shut on these old pipes so I don't die of asphyxiation in the mean time.

On 5/10/2021 at 11:09 PM, adamzan said:

So I will weld the flanges shut on these old pipes so I don't die of asphyxiation in the mean time.

Where's your sense of adventure!

On 5/15/2021 at 5:38 PM, mjotrainbrain said:

Where's your sense of adventure!

Lol, the hell with that. I've never smelled fumes so strong in my life.

Also the original 26 year old starter finally gave up the ghost on the weekend. Got that swapped out fairly quickly, way easier on a manual!

• 4 weeks later...

704c3d93e2a3baef808ae137ce0efb62.jpg16ea15150d4e83641f16ec0d6233e92d.jpg

Polished the inside of my exhaust tip, and gold plated, applied a high temp cermic coating to the exterior matte black,
Once I order a new exhaust I will coat all the pipes, Next I will be attempting to do a high temp piston coating on the faces and a micro slick dry lube coating for the skirts, this apparently has some real horsepower gains by keeping the heat soak from going into the crank and keeping the heat in the combustion chamber (up to 40%) I’m going to try it on my old chainsaw first, need a bit more practise first on the iwata lph-80 spray gun

704c3d93e2a3baef808ae137ce0efb62.jpg16ea15150d4e83641f16ec0d6233e92d.jpg

Polished the inside of my exhaust tip, and gold plated, applied a high temp cermic coating to the exterior matte black,
Once I order a new exhaust I will coat all the pipes, Next I will be attempting to do a high temp piston coating on the faces and a micro slick dry lube coating for the skirts, this apparently has some real horsepower gains by keeping the heat soak from going into the crank and keeping the heat in the combustion chamber (up to 40%) I’m going to try it on my old chainsaw first, need a bit more practise first on the iwata lph-80 spray gun

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well pulled some calipers of out the junkyard over the weekend, When I made the template I should of put a slight curvature on the lettering in hindsight. I’m overall pretty happy with them
fbcacc11a637a1c0c33f55d5dfe47574.jpg

• Like 1

haha yeah i first did it with the inside of the rim and thought what the hell. The glow in the dark powder is called glowbee clear, I also gold plated the air bleed off screw and ceramic coated the inside of the pistons and the bracket clips for the brake shoes a matte black. At the same time I did the cylinder locks as this was one of the last things on the exterior that wasn’t murdered out yet. The lock on the back hatch still needs to be done, but looks like a pain in the ass to remove. Eventually d659ad6fced0e1a1ff5c03a7db798383.jpg

Had to get two new tires today. I was torn between keeping the 33x.10.50s vs the 33x12.50s. I currently have 33x10.50s but the new Cooper Evolution MTs 33x12.50s weighed less than my 33x.10.50s!!!!!!!!

7fe4b12643c72a657976dbbe1b48a76c.jpg

Made the front diff plate a little more badass looking, tried to make chrome flames coming out of the bolt holes but I made the stencils a bit too small. All powdercoat

• Like 1