What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

today, i went from just another set of coil springs......

61711KingsCoilsBlack.jpg

to. KING BLING!

61811KingsCoilsPurple.jpg

Looks good! Did you have them coated by professionals? It looks like it anyways. My 2" AC coils are yet to be installed, thinking about painting them. There will never be an easier time than now!

Looks good! Did you have them coated by professionals? It looks like it anyways. My 2" AC coils are yet to be installed, thinking about painting them. There will never be an easier time than now!

nope, they arrived black and nicely coated, i just painted them purple with my usual dodge plumb crazy purple paint :D

( i got the coils from rock auto, they're to MOOG coils)

Edited by Slick

Worked on the truck more installing my UCA's and replacing all the ball joints.

I have a question though(if anyone cares to answer), the JGC V8 springs I have look almost exactly the same height as the stock springs(assuming they are stock)I pulled out, JGC's being an inch taller about. I cut the pigtail off, is this normal and are the differences in the compressions, meaning do the stock pathy springs sag more under its own weight than the JGC's will, which would give me the 3" lift?

Edited by feyded

I have a question though(if anyone cares to answer), the JGC V8 springs I have look almost exactly the same height as the stock springs(assuming they are stock)I pulled out, JGC's being an inch taller about. I cut the pigtail off, is this normal and are the differences in the compressions, meaning do the stock pathy springs sag more under its own weight than the JGC's will, which would give me the 3" lift?

Though they are almost the same length the spring rates are different. You need to measure the actual wire diameter with dial calipers. The stock pathy springs are around .500 and the V8 GJC coils have a wire diameter around .580 to .600

James

They do look like they turned out really good. Of course, you must post pics of them installed.

yes, i am getting rather good with the rattle can. I paint all his purple stuff. i use dupont engine enamel dodge plumb crazy purple. I wiped n cleaned the coils off before i started, and i am very pleased how they came out.

this is what mini's factory coil and JGC coils looked like when i did the conversion

JGCCoilsAfterCut.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and information regarding my question, finally finished my SL, next up is the NPORA stickers and a BL =D

My JGC coils dont look like that slick, are yours the 'UpCountry' coils?

pathylifted2.JPG

I think the fender flare thing is eating up some of the gap that would be visible in the front wheels.. Regardless though, she rides AMAZINGLY with the RS9000XL's(24 year old shocks are next to useless haha), now to just learn my sleep number's..

this is what mini's factory coil and JGC coils looked like when i did the conversion

JGCCoilsAfterCut.jpg

What kind of coils are those? they look like variable rate springs. The factory jeep coils I pulled aren't like that.

Today I cleaned some of the engine bay using Pledge (orange) and some paper towels. Sorry for the poorly-lit pictures.

th_DSC09301.jpg th_DSC09299.jpg th_DSC09298.jpg

Obviously, I missed a few spots, but whatever... the engine's gonna get dirty again anyway. Now I just need to brush off the rat poop atop the upper intake manifold.

Edited by Towncivilian

took the drivers side door lock out, re-keyed it, got frustrated trying to put the chrome face cap on with out the proper tool and almost beat the hell out of it before deciding to call it a night, also put another lock in the door (not connected just to fill the hole for tonight), stopping at lock smith tomorrow on way home to see if they have any of the replacement face caps. Checked the alt voltage also earlier.

I cursed her for starting to leak coolant again, I thought she and I had that worked out and she had quit that stuff for good!!!!!! I cursed her again when she turned the Anti-Lock break light on for no good reason......I told her yesterday that I was getting her new shoes on Friday, I thought that would have made her happy!!!!! Oh, and it's beer thirty!!!!1 Whooooooo Hooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still working on welding up my exhaust system.

using 2 1/4" ppe from the 'y' back

Magnaflow high flow cat

Walker sound FX muffler (the largest one available with 2 1/4" inlet and outlet... I know, I know, Flowmaster and Magnaflow for more performance, but I am slightly concerned with noise)

The Pacesetter headers were a major disapointment. The second set that they sent me bolted onto the heads okay, but the Y-pipe would not fit, and I couldn't wait send them back a second time for them to f*ck them up again, so I cut the Y-pipe apart and re-welded it myself, changing to a 2 1/4 outlet, adding the bung for the O2 sensor, and lengtheming the pipe back to the new cat before installing a 3 bolt flange.

I've only had the MIG welder for about a month, and this is my first big job with it.

Hell of a learning experience, but the results so far are pretty good.

removed passenger side front plastic fender liner. installed mast antenna. didn't have factory clip/screw for the antenna, so used the lower rear bolt that holds the fender liner.

I cursed her for starting to leak coolant again, I thought she and I had that worked out and she had quit that stuff for good!!!!!! I cursed her again when she turned the Anti-Lock brake light on for no good reason......I told her yesterday that I was getting her new shoes on Friday, I thought that would have made her happy!!!!! Oh, and it's beer thirty!!!!1 Whooooooo Hooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the cursing worked.....no more coolant leak and anti-lock brake light went off!!!!! hehehehehe!!!!!!!

Edited by Meandmy92Pathy

Drove her to class and just now by the PX for some adult libations and then back to my room......didn't even get the engine to operating temp.....now, it's beer thirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Meandmy92Pathy

I made her jealous by slinking off and test driving another Pathy. (I couldn't help it, the low miles and a 5 speed....maybe monogamy isn't for me!) She cheered up when the other pathy was a year older with a dented rear end.

She is rather pleased that we sold the VW off into 150 mile/day commuting hell slavery, and used the winnings to order Superlift UCA's, Rancho RS5000's, 3" lift coils,hella 500's, a tranny cooler, oil relocation kit, and an idler arm brace.

Of course she's never satisfied. She's already started asking me about new shoes...

Edited by Harbinger

MM hubs came in, they definitely dont feel even remotely as solid as the stock manual locking hubs on the Pickup's.. Guess they will work though, goin to throw them on tomorrow =)

Edited by feyded