What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

got the new coils on today...... he's now 2-3" TALLER than he was and now needs new shocks as his are MAXED OUT with the new coils. also gave the t bars a 1" crank to get them back to where they were. (they lowered his t bars in Ca to align him)

I am 5'8" (and a 1/4)..... and this is us today when we got home

IMG_0384.jpg

before coils

248555_1985721996324_1041484881_2327683_3019945_n.jpg

after

IMG_0386.jpg

:wub: time to go shopping for new shocks!

took pics of the damage that I did on Saturday

The exhaust after the gigantic rock!!!!! OOOOOOPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011-06-27_15-53-26_601.jpg

The drivers side torsion bar after something that day......don't know what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011-06-27_15-54-11_231.jpg

Great fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Installed my MM hubs, was also going to install my new valve cover gaskets, but it seems after tightening the screws as I was told by some members on the forum. The leak is gone, amazing!

The MM hubs are quite nice actually when I started looking more at them, for 80$ they are a steal, even came with all the needed hardware AND a allen key!

Photo1.jpg

Keep a eye on the hardware, Those are only grade 5 Allen head bolts. I ended up replacing them all besides that great hubs.

got the new coils on today...... he's now 2-3" TALLER than he was and now needs new shocks as his are MAXED OUT with the new coils. also gave the t bars a 1" crank to get them back to where they were. (they lowered his t bars in Ca to align him)

I am 5'8" (and a 1/4)..... and this is us today when we got home

IMG_0384.jpg

:wub: time to go shopping for new shocks!

What coils are those you used I put the bronco 5.5" lift ones in the rear of my pathy now and the shocks I used with the 3" AC springs are over maxed out had to compress suspension about 1/4" to get them to go on fully extended.

What coils are those you used I put the bronco 5.5" lift ones in the rear of my pathy now and the shocks I used with the 3" AC springs are over maxed out had to compress suspension about 1/4" to get them to go on fully extended.

they are the MOOG variable rate coils from rock auto, part number 335 CC247. i had NO INTENTION of trying to lift my truck.... it just happened. now it's going to cost more $$ as i need longer shocks, longer brake lines, a drop on my already 4" dropped panhard bracke, a limiting strap......

Edited by Slick

Finally got the lock face caps today from locksmith, got totally raped on the price but couldn't find them anywhere else, paid $4 each for 3, saw them online wholesale for 10 for $11 !!, Oh well, installed the new face cap on drivers side door lock and re-installed, removed pass. side door lock, took apart, cleaned everything, re-keyed it, new face cap, re-installed. Removed hatch lock, same as last one, re-installed it, also found out why I couldn't lock and unlock the hatch from the key, the rod came off the lock, so fixed that as well.

So the pathfinder and sentra re-key project is now complete and both vehicles, ALL LOCKS and ignitions use the same key!

Was a good day!!

Keep a eye on the hardware, Those are only grade 5 Allen head bolts. I ended up replacing them all besides that great hubs...

Thanks for the heads up, will definitely keep checking em.

a drop on my already 4" dropped panhard bracket

save that bracket if you make a different longer one!

I thought about putting gas in, been on E for a couple days...

save that bracket if you make a different longer one!

i will probably just fab a spacer for now and not ruin the existing bracket.

i just ordered my new center link, next up, longer shocks... and longer brake lines....

Drove like 150 miles today, mostly highway... noticed death wobble a couple times on the highway at like 75 mph. It's not constant or always present, but damn was it pretty scary. I need a new suspension all around.

Bonez,

You said you had the 5.5" bronco springs in the rear of your pathfinder? Do you have current pictures of the truck with it installed? I have the 3.5" waiting to be installed and I'm hoping they're tall enough for me.

Drove like 150 miles today, mostly highway... noticed death wobble a couple times on the highway at like 75 mph. It's not constant or always present, but damn was it pretty scary. I need a new suspension all around.

at least yours doesn't happen til 75. mine starts when i start rolling lols. i have a severely fried CL tho. new CL is ordered and on the way! :jig:

Bonez,

You said you had the 5.5" bronco springs in the rear of your pathfinder? Do you have current pictures of the truck with it installed? I have the 3.5" waiting to be installed and I'm hoping they're tall enough for me.

I do not have a camera right now old one got broke and I have not replaced or I would be posting lots of pics of the SAS in progress. It is 2-3" higher in the back then it was with the ac 3" springs.

at least yours doesn't happen til 75. mine starts when i start rolling lols. i have a severely fried CL tho. new CL is ordered and on the way! :jig:

Was your last CL stock slickers? Is the new one staying stock? I haven't even put a lift on yet, and I'm considering ripping the front end apart just too send my CL off to grassroots4x4. :)

I do not have a camera right now old one got broke and I have not replaced or I would be posting lots of pics of the SAS in progress. It is 2-3" higher in the back then it was with the ac 3" springs.

I used old ford f100 coils to lift my rear when I did the poor man's lift long time ago. Since the SAS, I never got around to lifting the rear. I've been riding with the gangster lean for some time now.