2-Doors

Nytrosfinder

In 1990 when nissan went to a 4door with a vg30e there were still a few 2door bodies left for america that also recieved a vg30e. Its a rare find in the US but there were about 500 2doors with the vg30e.

Edited by MY1PATH

Found one in the wrecking yard a month or two ago.

As stated, there were some '90 2Dr's but most were 4Dr's. The limited number of 1990 2Dr's were the only ones we got with MPFI in North America. In other parts of the world the 2Dr configuration ran for several more years.

Funny this thread came up as I was curious too. I am going to look at a 1990 2 door that is available locally, rebuilt motor and tranny. Looks pretty sharp.

scott

don't be disappointed, nissan had 3 engine/body configurations in 1990

tbi 2dr (phase out)

mpfi 2dr (left over bodies)

mpfi 4dr (new line)

• 1 month later...

It's rather disappointing that they stopped making them 2dr cause they are great. Too bad they weren't made with the better metals so they wouldn't rust out as easily.

nothing wrong with the metal

has alot to do with climate and where you are.

My 87 has NO rust on it.

I say now that I would enjoy a 2 door....but talking with someone who envied my truck, he said he had owned several 2 doors over the years, loved em a ton, but hated having to climb to the rear seats, and was overjoyed when I told him 90-95 have 4 door 6 cyl models

I say now that I would enjoy a 2 door....but talking with someone who envied my truck, he said he had owned several 2 doors over the years, loved em a ton, but hated having to climb to the rear seats, and was overjoyed when I told him 90-95 have 4 door 6 cyl models

Hate to tell ya but the back doors aint that fun to get in,or out of...

When the 4 door came out the sales of the 2 door went to near zero.

My boss likes to tell the story of a white 2 door they got in when the 4 doors came out and how they could not sell it at dealer cost for a year.

You have to remember when the Pathy came out the SUV craze was just about to start. Until then true Utiity Vehicles like the 2 door Pathy were for the most part a niche market - they were essentially body on frame pickups with a hard top.

The 4 door was done to appeal to the soccer moms and such and to compete with the sensational new Ford Explorer which came out in 1990 and got the SUV craze going.

The newer frames rust much worse than the old frames. All you see are the 4-doors with rotted frames.

2 4 doors here with perfect frames so I have no idea what you are talking aboot.

Yes, the extra access is great, and not just for people.

I personally think that Nissan should have continued making the 2drs till they came out with the R50 body style.

Nope, I disagree. I would have not bought one. Make both, maybe, just 2 door would have killed sales.

Hate to tell ya but the back doors aint that fun to get in,or out of...

I have no problem getting in and out of the back doors what so ever, but then I own a pair of legs... ;)

B