Burger

Precise1

The ingredients:

The Bacon!!

1/3 lb of 7% fat ground sirloin (seasoned with liquid smoke, WS, garlic salt and steak seasoning) and some lettuce selected from the garden...

Burger001.jpg

Whole wheat bun, sauteed garlic, avocado, gorgonzola cheese, tomato, kosher dill pickle slice and red onions...

Burger002.jpg

Building the beast:

Toasted bun with mayo...

Burger003.jpg

Lettuce applied...

Burger004.jpg

Onions deployed...

Burger005.jpg

Tomatoes in position, dusted with black pepper and oregano...

Burger006.jpg

B

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickles secured...

Burger007.jpg

Forging the burger:

Garlic joins the beef host...

Burger008.jpg

The BACON!! blanket is woven...

Burger009.jpg

The gorgonzola is laid to rest...

Burger010.jpg

And melted...

Burger011.jpg

B

The avocados were comitted...

Burger012.jpg

And an after thought of a loving blanket of havarti to cover them...

Burger013.jpg

And Now... The BURGER!!!!:

Burger016b.jpg

Gods, that was Soooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did... :D

B

So when are you having a BBQ B?

I usually have a couple BBQ's a year where I provide food and beer, but this is just something I whipped up in the kitchen... :shrug:

B

damn b that is a tasty looking burger! I don't think i have ever had gorgonzola before, is it like roquefort, stilton or other blue-veined cheeses?

Ditto on the cast iron pan, they RULE! if you use them enough times, they get nice an smooth like a teflon pan. I found one at a garage sale and the p.o. had already done all the hard work for me (using it/seasoning) the blacker they are, the better! pabst is good @!*%e too

Thanks for the compliments guys (and gals)! I'm sure you could do as well (or other specialties). I was just goofing around and having fun; I like to cook...

It did turn out pretty impressive and tasted better than it looked!!

Dateline did a special about teflon from cooking pans and how it is in most people's bloodstreams, but it is too early to tell what the effects will be. So as of now they can continue to sell them.

Yeah, We have a set of non stick and a set of good stainless cookware. I should probably cook with the stainless, but hey, I said I like to cook, not do dishes... :D

Besides, I'm counting the teflon to help with the constricted arteries I'm getting from the beef and bacon... ;)

B , i swear i could allmost smell it . mmmmmmmmm .

Now that is a compliment!!! Thanks... :beer:

I don't think i have ever had gorgonzola before, is it like roquefort, stilton or other blue-veined cheeses?

Yes, exactly. I consider it a 'mild' bleu chez, but that's all relative; it has plenty of flavor!! Give it a try, it goes great with red meat...

...looks delicious...you do delivery to

My delivery area is the distance I can throw it from the door step, so you'd better be close, and quick!! :lol:

The good news is that I have it's twin sitting in the fridge right now!! May have to build another this afternoon... :jig:

B

I'll be your dog, on the door steps when you trow it ...

remind you... garlic is hard to digest, Watch out for your liver after that... Gorgonzola has 35% fat, havarti...about the same, avocado is also pretty though on liver...needless to mention the bacon... you should take a long walk afterward... you were thinking of going for olympics lately ? :ill:

... i know it's a little late for the first burger...but about the other one in the fridge... should be good with homemade french fries and mayonnaise...if you survive this... you're a king !!!

... i know it's a little late for the first burger...but about the other one in the fridge... should be good with homemade french fries and mayonnaise McChicken Sauce...if you survive this... you're a king !!!

fixed it for you lol

fries and mayo is one of my guilty pleasures

my brother likes cream cheese on his burgers

:clap:

One of the best write ups I have read in a while, well done B.

The wife is going away this weekend, now I know what I am building for dinner Saturday night. Although, I will throw an egg in there also.

fixed it for you lol

fries and mayo is one of my guilty pleasures

my brother likes cream cheese on his burgers

haaa non !! MCthis MCthat, it's going to ruine zzzzeee HUMbergeuwr.... anyway it's too late... for the second one...he must have fell asleep flat face in the humberger, stomach full, plus there was beer... must be snoring like a 2.7t diesel by now... :rofl:

Edited by Pinip

From the bacon down it looked good (hold the pickle), then you threw that nasty crap on top. Mushrooms and swiss with some jack cheese and it would have been lookin' much better. (Avocado, and blue cheese by them selves make me wanna yack, let alone together.)

As for the non-stick/Teflon BS, if the Teflon surface is undamaged there is no harm. If it is flacking off because you used metal utensils in it, then yeah you are gonna get it in your food (and into your body). Is injesting small amounts of it a bad thing, I doubt it. If you go eating a pound a week, then I think you might develope a few issues. (BTW, cooking meats in cast iron is supposed to cause all kinds of bad things, worse than teflon.)

Mushrooms grow on poop where there is no sun.... I don't eat them.... :shiftyeyes:

and sure.. if you cook on open and untreated iron... prob bad for you... but season it well and there in no metal touching anything... and cooking with DuPont???? U gotta know that that is bad.. u really gonna argue with a chemical company's best selling product v.s. something cooked on since the beginning of modern time? (your knife collection is mad at you) :mellow:

look at this..(because we all know Wiki is the law..)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cast_iron_cookware

Edited by beavis0076