Burger

Precise1

:stickwack:

Best food in the world!

Agreed

I'm with you on that one, GG. Hundred percent! :lol:

Sushi rules. Nay, any washoku for the win.

Man, there are some all you can eat sushi places here....Should we try to re-create B's burgers? Mmmm I'm thinking YES.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made 2 more Uberburgers Saturday night. The GF thinks they are the best burger on the planet, even if she has a hard time eating a 1/2 LBer. She ate the left over 1/2 burger the next day cold and still loved it... :D

B

Made 2 more Uberburgers Saturday night. The GF thinks they are the best burger on the planet, even if she has a hard time eating a 1/2 LBer. She ate the left over 1/2 burger the next day cold and still loved it... :D

B

... you are hard to beat on those humbergeurzz...you should start a mobile stand, Precise1ly specializing in that recipe of yours !! :aok:

Sushi is disgusting. :hide:

...depends what you put in it ?!...unless you dislike, fish ? then put humbergeur in it... sushiburger ? :hide::hide:

Well, the GF came home from shopping yesterday and says "Look what I got you! Now you can make the burgers even better. Didn't they say in the burger thread that cast iron is better to cook with??"

Random028.jpg

Now, will someone please tell her that the meat improves in flavor when it is carried home from the store in a lifted, large tired, snorkeled, ARB bumpered Pathfinder with headers... :lol:

B

Man, there are some all you can eat sushi places here....Should we try to re-create B's burgers? Mmmm I'm thinking YES.

Sushi, in my mind, should never came with an all-you-can-eat option. Unless, of course, it's a kaiten-zushi in Japan. :happy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conveyor_belt_sushi *drools*

Sushi is disgusting. :hide:

James, I say "good day" to you, sir. :lol:

Edited by tekazgtr1984

Well, the GF came home from shopping yesterday and says "Look what I got you! Now you can make the burgers even better. Didn't they say in the burger thread that cast iron is better to cook with??"

Random028.jpg

Now, will someone please tell her that the meat improves in flavor when it is carried home from the store in a lifted, large tired, snorkeled, ARB bumpered Pathfinder with headers... :lol:

B

...very good idea...you won't have to take iron pills anymore...a study was made on levels of iron in the body the last few years stipulating that iron levels were lower in our body because of cast iron pots and pans were put aside from the kitchen...

i use one, and i never use detergent to wash it... i put water to boil in it and i scrub it with steel wool , rince under hot water, dry it and always coat it with oil before putting away... never rusted since...

Edited by Pinip

B

I'll vouch for you, B. :happy:

Last time I ordered pizza, I picked it up in my '98; the time before that, in my buddy's stock '98. The 'za tasted way better the second time around.

So it's not just a theory. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Of course not, it's not patented!! You are obligated to post a photo of your creation though... :D

:beer:

B

I'm sure you meant build photos and full write up.

I'm considering round 2 this weekend, this time my wife will be home, so will be able to get an honest opinion of the burger. I know it will be honest, because she isnt afraid of telling me I'm an a$$, so she wont hold back about my cooking.

Do it!! Do it!! Mo matter the cooking skill level, burgers are manageable... Just follow the instructions above!! :D

Just make sure to post

build photos and full write up.
;)

:beer:

B

tomatoes, lettuce and spinach out of the garden, some kind of baltic cheese or something.. sauted mushrooms, steak sauce on sauted onions, burger, german mustard and some mayo.. the lady did the burger mix so i'm not really sure what is in there. it was darn good though. :D

And that's what matters... Sounds delicious!!

The GF picked out some ground beast today and asked "Do we have buns or should I get them?" Seems Uber Burgers are in my near future!! :D

B

Today I had a burger at Skillet Street Food, it is a great bunch of local chefs that serve food out of old airstream trailers.

My burger had their famouse Bacon Jam on it. It was the best burger I ever had!!!! :clickdalink:http://www.skilletstreetfood.com/

here is the burger descriptopn from the menu

the burger

oregon natural beef,

cambazola, arugula, bacon jam, brioche, handcut FF

and here is the Bacon Jam

bacon jam…..

…..what the heck is bacon jam?...

well, we’ll tell you…….we take a big bunch of really really good bacon, and render it down...add a bunch of spices..onions, etc..and let it simmer for about 6 hours…give it a quick puree, and blast chill it…and you have bacon jam..

it is great on burgers, grilled cheese sammys, baked potatoes.. A general baconopia of uses

Edited by beavis0076

I made something similar for a while.....tomatoes, squash, zucchini, spaghetti squash, avocados, beef patty, bacon, all smothered in bleu cheese, and homemade mozzarella, fried in a cast iron skillet, then you cut it into portions, and put it on whole wheat buns with a teriyaki marinaded portobello mushroom on top :)

mmmmmm

B

You send me one of them burgers and a paper w/your # on it...you got a deal!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I went a bit burger crazy tonight now that the GF is out of town...

No buns about, so I used toasted sour dough instead. Fair trade in my book!!

From the plate up it is:

Toasted sourdough

Spring mix lettuce

Slab of red onion

Plenty of tomato

Sliced green onions

Kosher dill pickle slice

3 strips of bacon

Havarti cheese

Special beef patty mixture, cooked with love.

1/4 avocado, sliced

5 strips of bacon

Gorgonzola cheese

Toasted sourdough

MyBurger002.jpg

I'm having a hell of a time trying to bite all of it...

B

Ok, I went a bit burger crazy tonight now that the GF is out of town...

No buns about, so I used toasted sour dough instead. Fair trade in my book!!

From the plate up it is:

Toasted sourdough

Spring mix lettuce

Slab of red onion

Plenty of tomato

Sliced green onions

Kosher dill pickle slice

3 strips of bacon

Havarti cheese

Special beef patty mixture, cooked with love.

1/4 avocado, sliced

5 strips of bacon

Gorgonzola cheese

Toasted sourdough

MyBurger002.jpg

I'm having a hell of a time trying to bite all of it...

B

:clap:

Once again B, you have outdone yourself.

When is B's burgers opening up here in Perth? I think I would be a regular.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Dave, I think you are one of my biggest fans. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to satisfy your taste buds any time soon. I don't have the plans or funds for international burgerdom. BUT, get me the funding and I'll have the motif and menu to rule the world!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I could honestly do it though...

Here is the UberMeatLoaf!!! A bit of a mix, but with the same toppings...

Body

1lb ground lamb, lean

1lb ground beef, lean

2 eggs

1.5 cups cut white bread (french bread is good)

2/3 (3/4) cups tomato juice

1/2 cup chopped onions

1/2 TSP of Salt

1/4 TSP Pepper

1/4TSP Oregano

1/4TSP Marjaram

Mix

1/2 onion sliced

1 cup muchroom, sliced

1-100 cloves of garlic, sliced

Saute the mix ingredients in a little bit of oil (while mixing the body) and set aside.

Mix all ingredients of the body and shape into a loaf. Scoop out the middle and add the mix ingredients, then reseal with the meat previously removed.

Cook for 1 hour @ 325 preheated, baste and cook another 20-30 minutes.

I added 3 slices of bacon on top, cooked for an hour, then added slices of Gorgonzola cheese and cooked for another 30 minutes (cheese only needs 10 to melt).

Not only is it good and looks like this...

Everything022.jpg

Everything025.jpg

It is delicious!! Ubermeatloaf FTW!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

B