Post your first post

k9sar

Dec 11 2003, 01:27 PM

I have the 94 complete manual and the 95 update (they did not put out a complete 95 manual). If there is something specific you are looking for that is not in your aftermarket manuals, perhaps I could look it up and mail you a scan. I have found that the factory manuals are much better than the aftermarket ones, especially when you start playing in the wiring and such.

apparently, this was my very first post in the forums. What was yours?

Well, this was my first post on these forums...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WD1V

Trying to ready my Pathy for the camping season, this is on the to-do list :-) Will this work?

First off, hello everyone. WAVEY I'm new here, but some of you probably know who I am from other boards.

Now about the subject...

A bit late on this, but oh well :shrug:

I just replaced mine and I can say that the O2 sensor in that auction is NOT the right one for a V6 Path.

The one they list in that auction (by the part number they provided) matches Bosch's "universal" listing for a Pathfinder with the Z24I engine.

My truck is an '88 Path with the V6 and it uses the same O2 as yours does.. or at least, "should" use the same one. I got mine from bosch4less and the Bosch part number is 15207.

For whatever reason Bosch's website does not list a O2 sensor for our vehicals, but this is indeed the correct one. Comes prewired with connectors. Looked exactly like the old one I pulled out and gave me over 1mpg increase.

Anyway, hope I was not to late and that this info helps you out.

*Looks around at Room of Veterans* :unsure:

Good Evening, My name is Dowser and I'm a Nissanaholic. I've been an owner now for a little over 3 months and due to the overwhelming love affair thats taken place in such a short amount of time, I felt it was time to go to my first meeting. :sly:

I've been watching this site now for about a month or so, absorbing absolutely everything I can about everything there is to know about Pathfinders. The amount of Knowledge and information within these forums is daunting. Virtually everything fathomable has been posted and talked about which is quite amazing. Before I continue to tell you all a little more about myself Id like to say thanks to who I believe was the starter of this great Forums. MrJim would you please stand up and make yourself recognized. :clap: Also a thank you to all the dedicated Members and their Knowledgable input. Espesially 88pathoffroad since you seem to be the Guru of the Nissan Pathology. :tongue:

Ok... that being said. Im from Ontario, Canada. Currently in the Northern regions but originally the Niagara Falls Region. I purchased a 1991 XE from a Red Neck solely on looks before doing any research on Pathfinders. Ya thats right.... I'm a sucker for Dirty Rigs with Big Wheels. :cantsay: At any rate, the guy I bought it from had it for about a year and added a 3" Body Lift, 31 BFG Tires, His own Custom made Steel Bumper (menacing looking), some lights, CB, Mag Light attached to Dash and of course, a Fire Extinguisher. How could I refuse. I paid the man whatever he wanted cause It was an instant love affair. It wasn't till later till I noticed his Jimmy Rigged Electrical Fan with a Thermostat sensor jammed in the Rad hose, or the Beat in, smashed up Radiator that virtually didn't work, or even the Glove tied around the lower Rad hose to ensure the leaking stopped that I kind of figured I might of been a bit overcharged. It's like that Woman you see while your drinking at the Bar with all the make up, and your wearing your bear goggles. Not until you get Formally aquanted the next morning do your REALLY see what you took home with you. :blink: :barf: I later noticed a whole slew of other problems like Balding tires, Lower Ball Joint issues, Rusted out Floors near the Body lift bolts, and of course, Muffler troubles. Not even 3 weeks after I purchased her the Y-Pipe rotted leaving me with a flock of envious Neighbours waving their Fists at me when i Start her up at 5:30am for work. :furious: With all these problems where does one start. So I did what I thought was right and started by taking her for a serious Mudding expedition in the Deepest mud holes I could find. After that Galiant Battle with mother nature I knew it was time to tackle the serious over heating problem first. :tongue:

All in all, Im happy to be joining you all and cant wait to get my Photo's Orginized to join the main NPORA site.

See you all in the Trenches.

Dowser.

Wow..... I actually remember the day I posted that. I've forgotten how much that first truck was a piece of sh!t too. God I miss it.

Edited by Dowser

I just bought a 91 V6 Terrano. The plan...strip it within an inch of it's life, add some parts and race it. A lot of sweat hopefully not too many tears and as little blood as possible. Hope to have loads of fun.

2drv6.jpg

:lol: Silly idea, funny how Dan told me I sucked :D

Ok first of all only one of my headlights work when only the running/daytime lights are on. As soon as i turn the switch to the nightime lowbeams they both work, they also work on highbeams as well so the lamps themselves are fine.

Second of all my blower fan for the a/c and heat only works on 1 and 2, sometimes i used to be able to get it to go on 3 or 4 if i pushed on it hard.

Third my a/c compressor does not even try to engage when i push the ac button. It was working great before but i dunno why its doing this now. Sometimes while i try to get the 3rd and 4th fan speeds to work the green ac light will flicker while i push on the fan selector. I don't have the automatic climate control though.

thanks

How's it going? Obviously new to the NPORA. I have been to the site numerous times. I finally signed up. I have found a lot of help and I would like to thank you for that. I will poke around a little more before I post a question. No sense in posting what has already been posted. A big thanks and hello from Oregon!

Not too long ago....

The most Ive been involved with was...

My friend was driving us back from wendys and he was holding his soda in his hand. He got a phone call from his mom so he answered it and started to steer with his knees. He then asked for some burger so I opened one up for him and he started to eat too. Alot of people were pointing at him and laughing.

Rami

I'm pretty sure that this wasn't the first but I guess it was... hmmm.... interesting!

Rami

Ok, I'll play. I could have sworn I did an intro in the noob section, but it doesn't seem to come up. Perhaps I'll try again. Regardless, here the one that has the same date as my join date shows. :shrug:

Hey there, Newbie here. Sorry if this is long winded, but rather make you read than ask many Q's. Just purchased a '95 XE 4x4 MT 2 days ago. Last night and this morning (being started 'cold') when I engaged the clutch I was greeted with a moderate 'boooorrrrrrrk' sound which continued as long as and only when the clutch was engaged. This goes away once the truck warms up/engine idle drops/drives 1 mile (some combination of all) other than a moderate 'feeling' in the shifter going from 1st to 2nd. From experience with my 83 Nissan PU 4x4, this is the clutch throw out bearing saying good by. It may be a protracted, tearful exit, or it may leave tomorrow. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The truck has 108k, with new timing belt, 10.5X31's, exhaust manifold gaskets, rear shocks, thermostat, tune up, exhaust from CAT back and runs VERY nice and smooth. Previous owner (starving college student) purchased it from a dealership and owned it for 1 year, so the vehicle history is a mystery. It is in very good shape in/out/under and drives well for a 9 yr old truck. I dont mind fixing the clutch/etc because I LIKE it, and plan to own it for years. I bought a Chilton manual (not my favorite) today to read up a clutch job; as I read, I began to whimper and cringe. I'm a machinist and home mechanic; my current project is a '78 VW Convert, and I dont blink at a clutch job, but we are talking apples and elephants here.

I plan to inspect/bleed the system, and go through all adjustment procedures, but dont really believe that is the problem.

Here are my Q's.

1) Is this really something I want to do my self ?? They mention removing exhaust, slave cylinder, shifters, engine mounts, starter, torsion springs. Clocking the clutch to fly wheel, clutch allignment tool, removing flywheel to check pilot bushing,etc

2) If I or someone else is in this far, what else should be inspected/replaced (I understand 'throw out bearing/pressure plate/clutch plate' but anything else ?)

3) Has any one had the bearings replaced in their tranny, is this common, how many miles of 'normal useage' should a tranny last ? (My 83 PU had tranny rebuilt @ 110k along with clutch job)

4) Should I go for aftermarket clutch parts, what are the pros/cons? The truck will be mainly onroad with some recreational offroad. My offroad philosophy is 'you may get there faster, but I will get there, and back, and drive it to work the next day...'

I don't want to get stuck with a headache task as I have other important things to deal with right now. Any do's/dont's. comments, experiences welcome. Help me love my Pathy... Thanks

Bernard

B

add another newbie to your list!

Hi there, I'm from the Toronto (Ontario - Canada) area... I have a 99.5 Pathy - which has only been off road once (a whopping 300 ft before I got stuck as anything and had to get dragged out!)

My husband has a 2000 Xterra, and we usually offroad with that... but I am concidering some mods on the Pathy so I can go play with the 'big boys' :)

We're part of an Xterra club, and I have access to a lot of info on the X, but not so much on the pathy.

Ive had my truck since june, it replaced my baby - a 1990 Mazda B2200 Pickup... annndd... that about it! so.. HI! WAVEY.gif

How naive I was... on so many levels. The only people who welcomed me were Nige, Simon & MZ. lol

morning all just wanted to do a post on the new board

sweeeeeet congrats jim on the software, lookn very very good

steve w - 88 2 door ...

ah what about the old purple & black forum........... :beer::D :D

i remember reading thru great lists of stuff to find your comment & replies to it

Posted on: Nov 27 2004, 02:37 AM

Hey, finally decided to register over here. Been a Pathy owner for 3 years and just bought another. I use the same name on most all boards I'm on, so a lot of ya probably allready know

:shrug:

ah what about the old purple & black forum........... :beer::D :D

i remember reading thru great lists of stuff to find your comment & replies to it

I was thinking that too....what a mess that was..... :lol:

First post on this forum.....

The starter may be a little different,(though, not sure) as an 88 V6 and a 93V6 were different, but the rest should work. Good luck.

Oddly, I still don't know for sure. :laugh:

im a MEGR major @ UNCC and i think the best part of classes are you do most of your calculations in metric units and are comfortable with those although tables are available in both SI and EE units...but professors love to throw an EE units problem on the exams although we've done nothing but SI all semester long...

then when you're doing your design projects everything has to be done in EE units b/c all the machines are EE based...and most students find EE to be difficult to use than SI...

but we keep the EE units so that some1 along the line forgets to convert their units to SI units and a billion $ piece of equipment gets burried 20 ft under the surface of a neighboring planet...

This is the earliest one I could find...but it says only the 1st 1000 posts were searched so maybe i'm still noobing up our search feature...I'm sure there was other posts where I poked my head in from behind the shadows that talked about teh truck B4 the metric system...

Whats up everyone? My name is Mike, im a civil engineering student at University of Maryland at College Park. My previous vehicles were a 1999 Mercedes ML 320 and a 1996 Honda Accord LX 2.2L. My mods to the previous vehicles were:

Mercedes:

Updated projector headlights

Projector fog lights

Chrome grill strips

Honda:

JDM fog lights

front and rear strut tower bars

SRI intake

17x7 ADR Venomous rims with Nankang NS-1 tires

Wiring trick with the turn signals in the bumper using civic sockets so I could have them on low power all the time and maintain my bright turn signal

I sold the Mercedes because it started having some problems at 230k on the odo and bein a college student I couldnt afford to keep repairing it, so I went back and started modding my original car, the Accord. Now that was stolen almost two months ago, which led me to the Pathfinder.

My pathfinder is a 1997 SE with the optional leather, bose sound system, sunroof, and the limited slip rear diff. So far, I put on the clear front bumper turn signals, and a Ravens spare tire cover on the rear mount spare. This pathfinder came with the bug guard, the sunroof wind deflector, and the rear wind deflector. My plans for this truck are a grill guard (remove the bug guard), off road lights in there, taillight guards, weaponR SRI, possibly a suspension lift with the Warn manual hubs, but i really like the look of the stock wheels and dont want to buy new wheels.

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff208/laxman0324/

That has pics of all three, including before and afters for both the accord an mercedes...and the aftermath of the accord being stolen

I actually got all of that stuff done too...yay me for not being full of crap

Not all that long ago...

Hi My name is Mike,

This is a great website!.. I ran across it while searching google for some pathfinder questions.

I just bought my first pathfinder.

It's a 1995 with 105k on the original engine.

-Roof rack

-MoonRoof

-Leather interior

-Heated Seats

-window tint ( too dark for my liking )

Only thing wrong with it is the wiring for accessories, looks like they had an after market security system installed that they removed (in a hurry :huh: ) before sale.

Here are some pics:

356418238_99f02721da.jpg

Interior:

352474912_f5b66960d4_m.jpg

Rear Interior:

352474907_8f7626158e_m.jpg

I am sure I will have tons of Q's for you guys once the weather gets warm enough to work on my pathy :)

Thanks for letting me join!

-Mike

The heated seats no longer work :D

Edited by MadManMike

Oh yeah, remember it like yesterday....

Hey guys! Figured I would finally join this forum after looking around on it for several months. I hope to continue to find things that are helpful and hope to give some info when I can. Im located in Olympia, WA. thanks! Oh yeah, I will throw up some pics tomorrow of my Pathy.

November 30, 2003

Hi everyone, and welcome to the brand-spankin-new NPORA forums!

Please feel free to register as a new user with your chosen screen name or nick, which will allow you to post to topics here on the board. We appreciate everyone coming here and saying hi, looking through topics for information, or just plain shooting the breeze with everyone else. If you're a Pathfinder enthusiast, then this is your new home.

We're glad you found us. Welcome aboard.