• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1997 Dodge Avenger

2.5 V6 auto

Slow

24 mpg city 28 hwy

It's lame and for sale.

I want to finish my Fiero because it gets 30 mpg city 35 hwy

Me personnally got a 3" lift and bigger tires. :)

Mr. Pickles your neighborhood looks a lot like where I grew up in Alabama with all the pine trees.

if i have to care that much i always have my 91 eclipse 20.l DOHC 5speed(of course). little fwd DSM is a zippy bastard as well, just ugly as sin(painted it with spray can primer)

My solution, pay it and keep going.

I'm not going to go out and spend thousands on a new vehicle to save pennies at the pump. Compared to the type of vehicle I should be using for my work (full size truck or van) I'm actually ahead of the game on economy.

My 21 speed Giant. It only takes me 15 mins to bike to work. If we have alot of skipping around to do we use wifey's TransSport. My Pathy isn't a daily driver so I'm not getting hosed at the pump.

it doesn't matter which Pathy I take to work, they get about the same gas mileage believe it or not.... i drive mini (5 spd) more aggressively than king (auto), if i keep them both under 65mph....... i can go 300 miles on a tank.....

so, i guess my answer would be, i slow down and suck it up. i can afford it.

my solution is to work an extra hour or two each week to cover the cost of filling my tank. Pathy is my daily driver so I have no other option at this point. Been modifying my driving though and have been averaging about 23mpg. even little things like coasting downhill in 'N', trying to stay off the brake, turning off the engine at stop lights or traffic jams, siphoning the neighbor's lawn mower, etc.

my solution is to work an extra hour or two each week to cover the cost of filling my tank. Pathy is my daily driver so I have no other option at this point. Been modifying my driving though and have been averaging about 23mpg. even little things like coasting downhill in 'N', trying to stay off the brake, turning off the engine at stop lights or traffic jams, siphoning the neighbor's lawn mower, etc.

LOL. But you're right a combination of approaches is most effective. Thinkin maybe I should start by improving my aspiration(s) :tongue:

carpool with my neighbor (i drive 80% of the time) in my 2007 Camry w/ 4cyl and he has a 2000 Fronty...I'm getting anywhere between 29-35 mpg depending on if I drive 65 or 85 but I drive to and from the mountains daily so that damps the fuel economy along with all the freakin wind here but I'm very happy to not be getting the 18mpg on the highway I was getting in my pathy

has anyone thought about a suzuki samurai thoes got like a 1.3 liter in them? i was thinking about buying one has anyone had one pros cons?

I had one about 8 years back. I used it to commute, and hated my life for it. Now it wasn't it top shape to start with, but between the soft top, very weak engine, and no AC, it was awful. I had a hard time keeping it a 65mph on the highway it was so weak lol. But that being said, i wish i had it now. I can't believe the mods available for that thing. And it's so small, i used to be able to ride atv trails with it. If i had the room where i'm at now, it would be an awesome trail rig project. But i pray my life doesn't slide backwards to the point where i ever have to spend hours a day in one of those again :suicide: LOL.

I got 23mpg just by driving the "proper way" last wednesday.

I'm happy that fuel is so expensive, less idiots driving. I get to places faster and i dont have to putt around town at stop lights and in traffic all the time.

Well, I only drive 15 miles a day, so it's not a big deal to me, BUT I am making myself stop being lazy and get my 78 VW Bug convert back on the road. I re-adjusted the adjustable front struts yesterday and need to finish installing the strut brace. Then all I have to do is the rear brakes, change all fluids, replace the windshield and seal, find the gas leak/replace all flex fuel line, reupholster the seats, install carpet kit, install stereo, probably install electronic ignition, install the air horn, make and install some bumpers. I have 80% of the parts sitting in the garage, I just need a few hours to get it all done.

Once that is complete, I'll consider if I will convert the Mad Maxed 65 VW Bug Convert Baja into an EV (it's just a rolling chassis right now)

B

Then all I have to do is the rear brakes, change all fluids, replace the windshield and seal, find the gas leak/replace all flex fuel line, reupholster the seats, install carpet kit, install stereo, probably install electronic ignition, install the air horn, make and install some bumpers. I have 80% of the parts sitting in the garage, I just need a few hours to get it all done.

B

Jeez, just get a segway already :laugh:

take home work truck :aok: !!! i pay $0/gallon for gas to drive to/from/durring work as well as runnin around town. i may fill up the pathy once a month.....i love employers who give me a take home vehicle with no GPS on it!!!!!

however my boss pays about $300/week to keep my tank from runnin dry. i drive about 100 miles a day and get 12mpg in my work truck.

Edited by pathmaker1

I'm trying to convince my wife that it will be cheaper for me to re-insure my sport bike. Use the pathy for work (smallest vehicle I could get that would cover my work needs) and put my Suzuki SV650S back on the road.

Jeez, just get a segway already

Please!!! I have found a pretty cool 500w scooter though!!

I'm trying to convince my wife that it will be cheaper for me to re-insure my sport bike. Use the pathy for work (smallest vehicle I could get that would cover my work needs) and put my Suzuki SV650S back on the road.

Since when is a SV650 a sport bike? Seriously though, just get liability only w/uninsured motorist coverage, it's only a few hundred a year. Riding a bike is a non contact sport, this is just THAT much more incentive... :)

B

Hehe i don't know what mpg i get in my pathy but its 2.7turbo diesel. I commute about 4kms return trip to work everyday, i usually come home for lunch too so we will say 8kms, and ontop of work commuting i often go into town so we will put it at like 60 - 100kms a week. Costs me roughly $20 - 30 of diesel + Road User Tax + More expensive vehicle registration - Cheap Insurance :P

Having pumped $75 into the Pathy's tank at the last fill up, a motorcycle is looking more and more attractive as time goes on... prices go up!

Thankfully I only drive 40miles a day in the Pathy now, nothing like the 100+ I used to do. Company vehicle is especially welcomed now! Currently I am upto $141 in a single fill up, which will be beat again in the next day or two (next fill up) :blink:

for now, I'm fine driving the pathy, 11 miles a day isint bad.... but when I move out to sumner, i'll do the head gasket and clutch in my 97 sidekick, and start driving that till mom wants it back