Annual Npora Gathering

MrJim

What do you think about an Annual NPORA Event in Anacortes, WA?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How likely would you be to come to an Annual NPORA Event in Anacortes, WA?

• I would definitely come
    • Probably not

Hey Everyone!

I just mentioned this as a sideline on another post, but I thought I would put it here to make sure everyone sees it and to get some responses to it.

The little seaside village where I live now is exactly an hour drive in non-commuter traffic north of Seattle and the town is perfect for stuff like this. They host large groups for other things like this like the Annual Oyster Run (bikers) and it is a cool place to visit. There are tons of little shops (antiques and collectibles), many great places to eat, pubs, etc. There are some incredible scenic spots in the area too. Plys, we have whale watching tours (I know those folks too).

I am on a first name basis with everyone at the Chamber of Commerce here and they love helping to organize things like this. I wouldn't want to do it unless we could pull off a respectibly large number of members showing up. I am well connected here and I can help line up lodging, both in hotels and camping. It could be a really cool thing that people would look forward to each year if we really commit to it. I would want to do it right with a month or two to prepare for it atleast. We could do a mapped road run all around the area here. We could do a Pathy car show with best Pathy, most capable 4x4, etc. We could have a swap meet for parts, etc. We could get t-shirts done for each year's event and allot of things like that.

Let me know what you think? How cool would it be to have people show up from Maine to California? :itsallgood:

http://www.anacortes.org/thingstodo.cfm

http://www.anacortes.org/calendar.cfm

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im so there Jim! From Lacey/Olympia, you bet. If the meeting starts out small and gets bigger every year, that would be cool! It would be nice to drive up that way, being I never have a reason to. Good Idea!

August would be good...

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

Unless it fell on a date somewhere around the big road trip i'm planning, probably not. But if i'm in the area during my travels, I would definitely make it a stop on my journey.

Ditto to the far... if it was a year out or the like, where I could plan now & start saving, I'd love to drive out west & meet the rest of the NPORA gang.

Ditto to the far... if it was a year out or the like, where I could plan now & start saving, I'd love to drive out west & meet the rest of the NPORA gang.

same

Just a short 145mile drive.. I am up for that :aok:

This sounds like a great idea.

Pezzy, a while back you told me "you need to have an event in your area" that was worthy of the drive for you, would this qualify as worthy? :D If this works out then we'll see the two of you in a year.. maybe two? :beer:

And just think Simon, this could very well give you a chance for that rust free WD21 ;)

Might go, but would probably fly. cheaper that way with these gas prices.

i may be in for a fly...the way things are panning out i will have the 87 which right now im having a ton of emissions issues (not in nc but cali would def not pass it for anything)...and it looks like i'll be getting rid of the 95...i got an offer from the guy which was f'in horrible but i talked to him tonight with a ctr and he better meet me halfway or im not coming...but i will be optimistic and if im there and its in july fro a weekend i could possibly fly if its not more than like $150 or so

gf said the gas is $3.40 in the area there? they're talking about $3.00 by the end of the week in SC (cheapest gas in the us) which i'd hate to see the price here in nc i keep forgetting to look but i've heard its at $3....

not this year. WA is 2+ days behind the wheel and i really don't have enough vacation time to drive that much. with gas well over $3/gal this would probably max out my credit too.

i'm with MZ. tho it's only 1 day drive for me from cali. i don't have the vaca time or fundages to make it.. i'd love to do something next year though :bounce:

Although it would be too far for me and technicaly I don't own a Pathy anymore :( , it would be cool to see such an event. Did you ever think of doing a cross country marathon from town to town or state to state over a couple month period. This could nean people that don't have the time off or money could join in when NPORA comes close enough to join, and the rich NPORA members could follow for a longer period. Could call it the Coming To A Town Near You NPORA Jamboree or something.

Denis

yep too far, but I love the idea. I thought about something of that nature not too long after I joined. My idea was something central like Colorado, thats about equidistant from the coasts? and would probably be about the same drive for some of those in Canadia? Great idea though, It would be great to meet u guys in person

Pezzy, a while back you told me "you need to have an event in your area" that was worthy of the drive for you, would this qualify as worthy? :D If this works out then we'll see the two of you in a year.. maybe two? :beer:

And just think Simon, this could very well give you a chance for that rust free WD21 ;)

Well exactly why I said, if it turned out to be a decent sized event, and we knew well in advance, yeah, I'd love to come...

Hmm... I'm not sure. It's 1k miles away (SF bay area in Cali) and I'm not sure if I or the GF can take the time off to do it right. The desire to go is there though. I'd love to meet and hang out with the people I've met and 'known'!! Hard choice between this and a cruise in the Carribian...

Although it would be too far for me and technicaly I don't own a Pathy anymore , it would be cool to see such an event. Did you ever think of doing a cross country marathon from town to town or state to state over a couple month period. This could nean people that don't have the time off or money could join in when NPORA comes close enough to join, and the rich NPORA members could follow for a longer period. Could call it the Coming To A Town Near You NPORA Jamboree or something.

Denis

I must admit, this does make some real sense. It would allow more local (state wise) people to meet, foster the whole first person relationships, and motivate others to participate, even more in the future. Kinda like the Olympic torch thing, but we'd probably be the special... Could this be set up for, say, 5 locations in the US ??

B

I would love to have a meet or something, mountain cruise massive wheeling adventure, but like the others here I would need a crap load of time to plan and save for it, lol maybe if we can keep this topic going we could plan for next summer, that would be awesome!