What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Pulled my cap and rotor to get at the crank angle sensor. Blew out the little flake of schmutz that occasionally blocked on of the holes in the plate. Cleaned up the rotor tip and contacts in the cap with 600 grit sand paper. Buh-bye DTC 11. . .

Also figured out why I like driving it so much: No ABS, no traction control, no airbags. . . that and parts are meant to be repaired, not just replaced

• Like 1

Found a 97 pathy at the pickapaart and grabbed the console for the 94, the only prob was it was 2X4 auto and the 94 is a stick 4X4 so have to make some mods will also have to mount the switches differently. 4 switches 3 slots this may be fun

Out of curiosity, is there any way to replace a fuel filter without getting gasoline all over yourself? I did the pull the fuse and let it die thing and it still barfed a good cup and half of fuel. I caught it and poured it back in, because I'm cheap, and that's, like, $0.30 worth of gas.

I tore apart the old filter, a Napa Gold 3022 with unknown mileage. It'd been in there since before I got it, and probably for quite a while before, judging by the surface rust on the outside. Is the filter part supposed to look like this?

P1010009-14.jpg

Out of curiosity, is there any way to replace a fuel filter without getting gasoline all over yourself?

Is the filter part supposed to look like this?

Yea...pay friend/brother/sister/parent 1 dollar to pull the hose and get gas everywhere.

I just changed my tank a couple weeks ago....that was some gas going everywhere.

That's pretty much what one I pulled apart looked like. Doing my buddies this weekend, I believe his is factory so if I remember to tear it apart I will.

• Like 1

Monday I grabbed a stick shift (just the shifter portion) gray manual/t-case boot, and the transmission cover plate from a manual 88 two door. I've only been able to find one 4 door WD21 in two local junk yards. Haven't found an R50 except for one QX4 that was an autotragic. This compares to probably the 8 or so 2 door wd21's I have access too, and a similar number of D21's.

So far my auto-manual swap is involving a 1998 Transmission, and the rest of the stick shift specific parts from 87 and 88 vehicles...

Now if I could just get my exhaust unbolted, life would be good and I could drop the autotragic onto a motorcycle lift I found at a pawn shop. Sadly the original exhaust on my truck is rusted to crap after 170k miles, and I'm not sure if I should just cut through it or try something else. Can barely afford the tranny swap with me doing all the labor, let alone having to drive it to an exhaust shop if it ever drives under it's own power again.

Rotated tires, replace lower bumps tops up front, found broken rear bump stops, extracted 4 broken bolts on my drivers side manual hub, realized i need to replace all the suspension bushings soon and probably ball joints as well.

Not actually my Pathfinder but my buddies. Full tune up. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, PCV valve and O2 sensor. PO had put 5 Bosch platinum plugs in. Yes, 5, because plug 6 had never been changed! Barely came out, the electrode was non existent, the porcelain was starting to break up, and the gap was big enough I could shove my entire feeler gauge for valves in. Wires, cap, rotor, PCV valve, and O2 sensor all had the hamburger (what I call the Nissan logo) so I'm assuming they had never been changed. Fuel filter had one aftermarket clamp so I wasn't sure about it. Should get a few more MPG's since it was running on 5 1/4 cylinders I think.

Replaced the leaking drivers side valve cover gasket....again. I replaced it less than a year ago, but it somehow became misaligned during the installation and torn during the tightening. I'm becoming an expert on removing the intake manifold.

One thing I did do different is I used Detroit Gasket on both sides of the new rubber gasket. I have no desire to be removing the manifold yet again in six months.

WHOO HOO

Finally my Targa bar has shipped, I've been working this deal for 11 months and it's finally on it's way.

Pics to follow after install

It arrived this morning and I spent most the day sanding and painting the bar and lights and rewiring the lights and bar.

Got it mounted and most of the wiring installed will finish up on it tomorrowPICT0011.jpgPICT0013.jpg

• Like 2

That's NICE, Vagabond! Where did you get it? How much? Details, please :)

' I found it here in the forums he had 2 trucks 1 running the other was parts and the bar was on the parts truck

I made the offer last year and he accepted it the only prob was he was doing a house remodel and the truck was about 200 miles away.

Any way I finally got it. I paid $100.00 for it and shipping was $60.00 I think I got a steal.

The bar, gasket, lights, complete wire loom, and switch was all included, it has 1 bad bulb thats no big deal prob under $10.00

Bought plugs, wires and a fuel filter. Cap and rotor will have to wait until next payday. . . maybe the one after. . . I hate playing catch up. Priced out a timing belt, tensioner and water pump. I should be good for another 25k km before I need to change that out.

While I was standing at the cashier, staring at the wall of bulbs, it occurred to me that sockets for a 9004 bulb might come in handy when I get around to rewiring my headlights. . . so I bought them too. now to get everybody to leave me alone for the rest of the weekend so I can do something I want to do (instead of all the things I am voluntold to do). . .

oh, and my local stealership fully rots. They suggested I go to NAPA rather than deal with them.

Edited by ORCGuide

That light bar is the one and only advantage the 2 door has over the 4 door...

B

Jellysee will get you nowhere, must we remind why 4 doors hide their rear handles?

Decided to switch to the winter set of wheels a little early... Might switch them again too, depends on my moods