What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Jellysee will get you nowhere, must we remind why 4 doors hide their rear handles?

To keep the 2 doors from getting so jealous about being left out.

Having said that.....On Friday/Saturday I installed new rear bumpstops from Prothane thanks to some research help from ahardbody. Today I flogged the heck out of it at HardRock (http://www.hardrockmx.com/index.htm) in Ocala. Doing a pretty good job of keeping up with fully locked Jeeps. Expected blow out something in the IFS today, but seems it held together so far. Think I would really like to get the front locked or at least LSD it.

Dropped the spare. lubed the mechanism. aired up the spare. sandblasted the rim and repainted with rust paint (black)

Replaced rear wipper blade.

checked brake pads (front)

polished the headlights.

Tried and Failed to fix the 0p400 (EGR) problem.

filled the dam thing full of fuel again! (Though i did get 430 Km on the last tank. It wasn't even on E yet!)

Replaced my rotors. The PO had them, but didn't install them as some of the bolts were a bit seized. I snapped 5 of the 6 bolts on the passenger side that hold the hub housing to the rotor :lol: Glad I had some spares kicking around. Other than that, it all went smooth as silk and the truck stops like a dream. Too well, in fact. The front end dives now. Guess I need to get started on the new shocks and springs :D

IMG_20121021_153502_zps54a26e14.jpg

Here's a shot of the old rotors. Can you figure out why they shuddered a bit under braking?

Let's see....while driving home tonight I some deer. Not 1, not 2 but 3 fracking deer while doing a lil over 100/kmh on cruise control. So my front lower bumper is a complete mess...

On top of all that my brand new IPF 868's got totaled. Not even installed for 2 days....

ypeme9a3.jpg

Because you were driving while wearing sanders with socks? :shrug:

Hah! I might be from the left coast, but we're not all granola eating, birkenstock wearing, patchouli scented hippies :lol:

Let's see....while driving home tonight I some deer. Not 1, not 2 but 3 fracking deer while doing a lil over 100/kmh on cruise control. So my front lower bumper is a complete mess...

On top of all that my brand new IPF 868's got totaled. Not even installed for 2 days....

Three? THREE?! Good God man, I think you might need to trade your truck in for a rifle!

Joking (and lights) aside, glad you're alright. At that speed, things could have been a lot worse.

Three long-legged rats in one night? :ohno01: Sounds like cult suicide to me. Good that your bumper and lights were the only casualties.

I took mine in for re-alignment after doing the strut rod bushings. I don't feel loads of difference yet but it doesn't clunk going around corners, which is a nice change. :)

Also, I'm totally wearing socks and sandals right now. :fish:

You know what they say if your gonna hit something floor it and hang on.... Im just lucky that the BMW in the on coming lane didnt hit me he got the worse of it and ended up in the ditch.... I counted 12 deer in total that crossed and he got at least one of them... I just hope that ICBC are decent on claims as I have herd some horror stories...

I just hope that ICBC are decent on claims as I have herd some horror stories...

It all depends on who you get for an adjuster. I can't say that I had a very pleasant experience when my WD21 was stolen last month, however.... :ar15:

Pulled it out of the barn too make the engine swap in another truck less wet and cold. Said piss on it when it started raining again (no rain all summer, hell it was snowing today at one point) It is currently sitting out side and mother nature is removing the 2 months of hay dust build up.

Pulled the gauge cluster to polish the clear plastic, polished both sides, It always had some cloudy areas. It's perfectly clear now. Also checked all the bulbs found one out and replaced it. In the process discovered my PF has the light under the dash, never even knew it was there, it needed a bulb so I pulled the one out of the cargo area for now. Also removed the transfer case shifter boot as it was all tore up.

Cleaned the windows, they were filthy.

I did that recently too ahardb0dy, I used some 303 Aerospace Protectant on the black cluster surround but some overspray got on the cluster lens and left white spots everywhere. I removed it and polished both sides with Meguiar's PlastX and it's mostly gone now, hardly noticeable. Much better.

Edited by Towncivilian

The clear plastic on mine always had a cloudy area, than the other day when I was trying the magic eraser on the windshield I made the mistake of rubbing it on the clear plastic over the cluster and it made it worse, polished it quick with Mothers plastic polish but still didn't look good so I pulled it, I didn't touch the black plastic it looked ok.

off topic, removed the gauge cluster in my sentra, and did the same thing too.

Broke down the Dodge Dakota wheel and tire I had laying around and mounted the tire on the extra lego wheel I bought from the junkyard a while back. I know it's not the same size as the 31's but it's a lot closer than the temp spare that I got with the truck and it's a brand new Goodyear tire. Will work fine as a spare for on the road since I haven't been off-road in about 10 years down here !!

Always fun dismounting tires by hand especially without tire spoons and using large screwdrivers/prybars !! Lot's of curse words when the tire starts to come off the wheel than drops back on !!

Edited by ahardb0dy

Also removed the transfer case shifter boot as it was all tore up.

You might want to botch some kind of temporary boot unless you've already got a new one. I drove mine without the boot once (in winter, even) and the heat coming through that hole nearly took the hair off my leg.

I made a new rubber seal a while back that goes under the metal ring that bolts to the floor, I cut a slit in it so the shifter can move, than cut another piece of rubber with a hole in it that moves with the shift lever and covers the slit on the lower rubber, it keeps most of the heat out, the leather boot was just covering the rubber I made.

I also loosened the upper mount of the spare tire carrier than closed it to it's latched position and than tightened the mounting bolts to try to adjust it, the carrier seems like it was hanging a little low. I checked for play up and down in the carrier and this is none.

today, replaced the rear window washer motor with one from junkyard so that works again, pulled the drivers side door panel to check the window and greased everything, now the window is going all the way up with out having to help it. Removed the distributor cap to check it, may be time for a new one. Adjusted the tire carrier.

today, wet sanded the pass. front fender than used the 3 step Mothers system on it. It looks shinier but I can still see sanding marks. I didn't want to sand it any more as I though I saw primer in one spot, ( it wasn't). But it looks better than it did, I used 600,800,1000 grits, Mothers pre-cleaner, sealer than wax.

Going out to clean the windows now so I can see as I will be driving the PF this week as my sentra is down AGAIN, need a heater hose and I pulled it so I could match it up with a new one, locally if possible if not I will be ordering one from dealer thru Rob.

Took apart my distributor, cleaned the CAS with some isopropanol on a kim wipe and then took it for a bit of a run on the highway. Didn't throw any new codes. Now to track down the DTC 21. . .

Put fuel in him, surprising the difference that makes in performance compared to driving around on fumes for a few days...

though about putting air in the low tire too, but didn't put enough effort into that thought. As long as it ain't on the wheel, I'll fix it saturday

I made room and got it in the second bay of the garage today. This is a monumental achievement and momentus occasion! For the first time since moving in (1.5 years ago) I have enough room in the garage for 2 cars!! I don't want to talk about the 2 motorcycles or 2 sets of tires under the patio...

Anyway, looking to fix the brakes and probably install the Xterra roof rack. May the Gods of motivation smile upon me!

DSC_0151.jpg

Oh, this is why to trust your instincts and take another look around before just pulling in. :doh:

DSC_0150a-1.jpg

B