SE or XE?

TeenZombie

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE or SE, which do you like better?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. 1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE or SE, which do you like better?

• XE
    • SE

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had an XE and now a SE. Never had any problems with any of the power stuff on either (except the power antenna which is useless on any car). I really like the look of the SE (lego wheels especially) and the better interior materials. SE all the way!

My last 6 Nissans were all SEs. I have had 2 XEs and 1 GXE (Quest) and 2 bare bones.

I love the SE for the intermittenant wipers and CC. I always love the optional power package. Everything works in all mine current 3 SE V6 Nissans. So easy to fix this stuff.

I did not get the sports pack in my 92 pathy. It had the 31s, sunroof, rear carrier, lsd or rear discs but it did come with previous owner installed 31s on legos! The only feature I dont use is the auto climate stuff. I love the Truck version. 1-4 is all I need with super cool AC.

I have since installed lsd and rear discs, upgraded to r134 also. easy swap. Its my only Nissan out of the last 7 that does not have a sunroof.

• 2 months later...

I like my SE. It would be nice to have the rear tire rack as well. When I go wheelin', I have to remove the tire from underneath and put it on the roof. Other than that, the creature comforts are nice and leather is easy to maintain.

Wow I had no idea my mirrors were heated until I read this :D

No more rolling down the windows in the freezing cold to de-ice them... just a push of the defrost button.

Now having had my pathy for 2 years, I almost feel cheated that I didn't notice this.

-Mike

Wow I had no idea my mirrors were heated until I read this :D

No more rolling down the windows in the freezing cold to de-ice them... just a push of the defrost button.

Now having had my pathy for 2 years, I almost feel cheated that I didn't notice this.

-Mike

It says in the manual lol.

I love being able to fire it up, turn on the the front and rear defrost, go in and have some breakfast, then leave and go to school and all the snow will be melted off, and the truck is toasty warm.

Basic reasoning is this.

Vehicles take a LOT longer to warm up when idling as opposed to driving. With a fuel injected, and thus, computer controlled car, the vehicle runs in open loop, meaning, it simply dumps fuel in to keep it running at a predetermined rate (which is usually quite high). This means that there's a lot of unburnt fuel getting to your sensors, which throws them off, and can actually, long term, cause damage.

Best bet is to drive it to get it into closed loop as quickly as possible, so that the sensors are actually doing their job, telling the ECU to lean out the fuel mixture, thus being more efficient, and running as it should.

Here's a couple of other quotes....

Most drivers may not know this, but excessive idling can damage the engine. Idling causes damage, because an idle engine is not operating at its peak temperature, therefore fuel combustion is incomplete. As a result, fuel residue can condense cylinder walls, contaminate oil, and damage engine components. For example, these residues tend to deposit on spark plugs. With more engines idling, there is a drop in the average plug temperature and accelerated plug fouling, which increases fuel consumption by 4 or 5 percent. Idling can also cause water to condense in the vehicle's exhaust. Which can lead to corrosion, and reduce the life of the exhaust system. It's better to shut your vehicle off and restart, than to let it remain idle.

It's a common myth that your car needs to be warmed up before driving, but this is not true. Cars don't really need to be warmed up unless the weather is below 25 degrees. Even if the weather's below 25 degrees, it only takes 30 seconds for your engine to be warmed. Actually, driving your vehicle gently is the best warm up for the engine.
Edited by Simon
  • Like 1

Basic reasoning is this.

Vehicles take a LOT longer to warm up when idling as opposed to driving. With a fuel injected, and thus, computer controlled car, the vehicle runs in open loop, meaning, it simply dumps fuel in to keep it running at a predetermined rate (which is usually quite high). This means that there's a lot of unburnt fuel getting to your sensors, which throws them off, and can actually, long term, cause damage.

Best bet is to drive it to get it into closed loop as quickly as possible, so that the sensors are actually doing their job, telling the ECU to lean out the fuel mixture, thus being more efficient, and running as it should.

Here's a couple of other quotes....

That is good to know. My grandfather is one of those old school types, he says it won't hurt it lol.

The big reason i let it idle a bit is because the trans shifts so damn rough when its not at normal temp.

• 2 months later...

I had that same problem shifting as well me and my mechanic have found that works great to use "GM Syncromesh" google it its amazing it shift like it does in the summer i love it! SO smooth and easy it also seems ti fix any grinding problems you have. Its Amazing stuff i recommend it. I love my new SE i had a 93 se and the tbelt broke so i bought a 92 with less miles and i love it even more than my other one!

• 1 month later...

Im not sure about you guys

But my 91 XE seems well-equipped-

Cruise C

Tire Carrier

Power Windows & Mirrors

Rear Wiper & Defrost

Power Steering

Tilt Wheel

Spoiler-like thing

LSD

Fog Lights below bumper

Chrome Wheels

Grey Interior

Automatic and 4x4 hi & low, 2h

But no sunroof, roof rack, or brushguard stuff :(

Edited by OldSlowReliable

• 4 weeks later...

The only thing I hate about my XE were the seats. They weren't THAT bad but I got some SE ones in now. I wouldn't go back. It's got power everything and cruise that don't work, but NO carrier, sunroof, LSD or fog lights. It does have a roof rack though and the mirrors are power and heated. Whoever had mine must have lived in the city. I know the PO did.

I think most wd21s have a rear wiper and tilt wheel. I wouldn't want to steer one of these without PS!

Edited by adamzan

Mine is an SE. Automagic, power windows and locks, AC that doesn't work, cruise control, sunroof, bullguard and tire carrier, and no fog lights, LSD, or roof rack.

The SE seats are very comfy...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SE for me. LSD and rear disc with the sport package. I could care less about the power goodies and I hate the lego wheels. I do like the SE seats much better though. The lumbar support is nice.