Self-Depreciation Alley

Precise1

ok . BUMP.....

my recent stupid move......... (besides buying a 3rd pathy!)........ i was cleaning out my file where i keep all my important papers, etc..... so, i knew i had 2 pinks for king & mini, because i did an address change for king & mini when i moved last september... so off through my file i was going, after a few J & C's..... and i get to P ....... which, of course is the fullest section of the file...... so i am blazing through it, get to a 4th pink, and see my old address, so begin tearing it up......... and then........ i realize....... i never APPLIED for mini me's new pink.......... i just $#&%in tore up her pink slip........

so now i have to go apply for a *coughs* lost pink....... :broken:

Edited by Slick

• 8 months later...

had to revive this............

last week a ford ranger comes in with a 5x8 trailer on it. apparently no one was taught how to attach a trailer up in cresent city, the chains were SO TIGHT, i had to have this guy get truck n trailer dead straight before i could get ANY play in the chains enough to actually remove them.

the rocket scientist who attached them must've been stoned, cuz they were so tight, they actually caused damage to the underneath of this poor guys chrome bumper, AND the chains were attached up n over the frame, AND the leaf spring!!! :wtf:

I had to lay underneath this guys truck to actually REACH the chains where they were attached. So, I finally get the hook off and start pulling on the chain... it gets stuck........ I poke it and it comes loose, I pull again, it gets stuck again, i pull harder, and before i knew it..... the chain comes shooting over the top of the frame, and as i shut my eyes and jerked to get out of the way of the 50mph landing, i wasn't fast enuff...........

WHAM!!!!!!! the hook hit me in the forehead above my left eye... followed by the rest of the chain. now, i have been hit with baseball bats, punched, had my nose broke 3 times and what have you. and i swear, this hurt more than any of that. i had a huge bump on my forehead by the time i got out from under this truck. :blink:

almost a WEEK later, my head STILL hurts, i still have a bump........ yeah......... ow. :laugh:

D'oh! That sucks, Slick. Got a black eye now?

funny enough, no. my left eye started to go black, i tried tot ake pics, but alas, didn't work so well. by the next morning, most of the blackness (not much) was all but gone. my head however, still has a fat lump that has grown, and if you look close enough, is still bruised :laugh: D'oh! is right lol

• 10 months later...

Heh....another thread got me thinking about this one....I have a couple of additions

Title: Cartoons

Alright, everyone here has watched cartoons at some point, and I'm sure remembers the slapstick type of injuries that occur during them. Think Wyle E Coyote.

My buddy is building a Suzuki Samurai as a wheeling rig. I was over helping him do some work on it. He's using old YJ springs on Toyota axles for his suspension. Fine. He has the junkyard springs, and we have to get the bushings out. So I've got a rubber mallet, and a big punch, and start pounding away on these things. This is a brand new mallet by the way, so I have at it...thinking nothing could go wrong....

As I continuously pound this thing, I take a swing, and as I retract the mallet, I notice something wrong. My friend happens to look over at me JUST as this happens.

He sees me staring blankly at a bare handle.....confused, wondering where the fu(k the rubber head went......

BAM! It clocks me in the head. Now, this probably only took a second or two, but it felt like I was staring at that handle for 15-20. My friend was of absolutely no assistance to me at this point, as I'm crouched over, in a bit of pain having taken a rubber mallet in the head. He said I looked just like Wyle E Coyote when his cannon doesn't go off..... :lol: Like an idiot, I'm looking at the handle, not noticing that the head of the mallet is up in the air above my head. :rolleyes:

At any rate, other than a little bruise, and sore abs from laughing, no harm done.

This was a friend of mine, not me. Funny nonetheless....

Title: Hard Head

Golfing with a few friends. 2 power carts, and in total, a foursome. My friend on my cart hits his drive into the woods, so him and I go in looking for his ball. We found it, and surveyed the situation. HE declares "I can hit it out of here" to avoid a penalty stroke. Fair enough, I stand back, and our other 2 friends are in the fairway beside us, watching for the ball to come out.

My friend starts his backswing, and hits the ball... Crack....it hits a tree....Crack....then hits him in the forehead.....crack. Same noise, 3 times...

I'm on the ground, rolling, in tears laughing. My friend, being 6'3" tall, falls like a tree......okay, but quite stunned. The two guys in the fairway, saw the whole thing, and both fell off the cart laughing.

All in all, it wasn't too bad, and my friend was lucky. Only thing was a golf ball sized welt on his forehead, and some hurt pride.

I believe there is a part 2 to that story, no??

Yes....and here it is....

Title: Hard Head pt 2

So, the same friend and I are out golfing again....this time, just the two of us. I hit a BEAUTIFUL drive, that ends up JUST off the right side of the fairway, about 6" into the rough. No problem, ball found, lining up to chip onto the green.

There's some trees around, so I grab my pitching wedge, and slowly go through my swinging motion to check for clearance. NO problem. So I line up, take my swing, and WHAM...something hits me on the top of the head. WTF?!?!?

No sign of my ball around, and I hold my pitching wedge up, only to find it has snapped, right below my hands, but still within the grip, creating a really nice pendulum which allowed the head of the club to club me in the head.

Revenge, I'm sure, was sweet, as my friend is of no assistance to me, rolling on the fairway laughing, as I rub my head trying to numb the pain.

Still trying to figure out what the hell happened, I grab another club, and slowly go through my swing again....hit nothing. Did the club just fail?

So I start to look for my ball, which is nowhere to be found, when I look where it was sitting, thinking I drove it down into the deeper grass. Move the grass out of the way and find a big (12" x 4" x 4") rock sitting there.....so THAT'S what I hit!! P...

Anyways, save for a nice bump on the top of my head, nothing hurt but MY pride this time. :lol:

Holy crap....evidently I'm accident prone.....

Title: Demolition

My aunt inherited a house up north. An old farmhouse on 4.5acres of land, right across the street from a very ritzy resort, and a very ritzy lake. The house, while old, looked great from the outside. New siding, windows and doors, roof, a single car garage by the road, and a 4 car garage in the back, both sided to match. The inside, was a disaster. Old wallboard, paper insulation (batting) and filth, dust, mouse droppings and other fun stuff all over. A total interior demolition was required.

So a friend and I (not the guy from the golf stories) are in one of the bedrooms removing wall board (not drywall, that old, pressboard like stuff) and insulation. There's a pile of it on the floor, and a bunch of nails everywhere. I step on a piece, and a nail goes right into the bottom of my foot. Problem is, I was stepping OVER a big pile of stuff when I stepped on it with my back foot, so my balance is WAY off. Now, I'm hopping around on 1 foot, off balance, as I don't want to put weight on the foot with the nail in it. I'm trying not to fall, for quite a while, and my friend hears the comotion, and looks around, only to see me fall down, and slam my self into the door frame of the room. Somehow in the completely graceless trek across the room, I've managed to dislocate a couple of toes on the foot with the nail in it, so I'm no longer in pain because of the nail. I manage to pull the nail out of my foot, but proceed to limp for a week or so as the swelling at the base of my toes is considerable. Oddly, putting them back into place was far less painful than I expected.

Revenge:

My friend, still giggling at my trip across the room, using a prybar and hammer to remove wall board, loses concentration, and wacks his hand with the hammer, splitting open his thumb, and stopping his laughter. I have to admit, I enjoyed that a little. :)

It's a miracle you made it past childhood, Simon!! :D

Yeah, relocating a joint is actually pleasurable in comparison to having it dislocated...

B

Tell me about it. My shoulder is a disaster in that respect. It used to pop out almost monthly, and I'd have to put it back in. Has been better lately though.

Revenge:

My friend, still giggling at my trip across the room, using a prybar and hammer to remove wall board, loses concentration, and wacks his hand with the hammer, splitting open his thumb, and stopping his laughter. I have to admit, I enjoyed that a little. :)

I have one like that from last summer:

This guy has a house on a lake, so of course they have as many windows and doors on that side of the house as possible. Well his one sliding door is hard to move on the first floor. Look around a bit, and it has another slider above it, which shouldn't be an issue, but then there is a deck comming off that one which is attached to the house above this bottom slider. So I manufacture a steel support to go in the middle and brace up the top track of the sliding door. I make it to blend in and sit against the non-moving side of the door pair. Well, since I made it for the size I wanted the opening to be I had to beat it into place. I'm using a 2x4 so that I don't dent the pole or the paint on it. I have my 5lb. mini sledge and am just going to town "tapping" it into the right spot. All of a sudden I notice blood..... :scratchhead: , look and one of my fingers is bleeding and as soon as I look at it begins to throb. Without missing a beat I put down the hammer and walk to the truck to throw a bandaid on it. All this with the guy watching and having no clue what I even did. Hell, I didn't even feel it, WTF?

Heh....another thread got me thinking about this one....I have a couple of additions

Title: Cartoons

Alright, everyone here has watched cartoons at some point, and I'm sure remembers the slapstick type of injuries that occur during them. Think Wyle E Coyote.

My buddy is building a Suzuki Samurai as a wheeling rig. I was over helping him do some work on it. He's using old YJ springs on Toyota axles for his suspension. Fine. He has the junkyard springs, and we have to get the bushings out. So I've got a rubber mallet, and a big punch, and start pounding away on these things. This is a brand new mallet by the way, so I have at it...thinking nothing could go wrong....

As I continuously pound this thing, I take a swing, and as I retract the mallet, I notice something wrong. My friend happens to look over at me JUST as this happens.

He sees me staring blankly at a bare handle.....confused, wondering where the fu(k the rubber head went......

BAM! It clocks me in the head. Now, this probably only took a second or two, but it felt like I was staring at that handle for 15-20. My friend was of absolutely no assistance to me at this point, as I'm crouched over, in a bit of pain having taken a rubber mallet in the head. He said I looked just like Wyle E Coyote when his cannon doesn't go off..... :lol: Like an idiot, I'm looking at the handle, not noticing that the head of the mallet is up in the air above my head. :rolleyes:

At any rate, other than a little bruise, and sore abs from laughing, no harm done.

I got to the red bit and knew what was going to happen :rofl:

Just a quick one, for my alarm clock in the morning, I use my mobile phone with a rooster crowing. Its quite effective as I live in the middle of suburbia and there isnt any chickens near me. The first day back at work after the Christmas break, my alarm went of at 6am like it does 6 days a week so I can go to work, but I was still half asleep, lying in bed cursing whoever got chickens over the xmas break. Lying there yelling out for someone to shut the stupid bird up. After a couple of minutes, the missus elbowed me in the ribs, called me a couple of rather not nice names and told me to turn the alarm off and go to work. :rant2:

never use your pinky finger to line up the leaf spring eyelet with the shackle. and especially don't tap the leaf spring with a hammer to give it some motivation, when your finger is inside the little hole. luckily, i still have all 10 fingers.