Self-Depreciation Alley

Precise1

Wrong)) It is actually quite funny ))) Thanks for sharing))

I feel your pain Pezzy.. when I got my alarm installed on my s-10.. I had all the best equipment .. but never learned how to proerly use my new found coolness... until I woke up the neighborhood at 7am one bright Monday morning...

• 3 months later...

:rolleyes: ok. short but sweet. and recent.

i travelled 130 miles round trip to go get a new motor for my pathy ;) i was NOT impressed to say the least when it was deposited in the back of the pick up. i shrugged it off as i was used to my nice clean motor.

Got it home... mm k.. took a few things off it.. took the valve covers off n immediately started SCREAMING the motor was a POS as the valves looked "black" and "burnt"....... took a few more things off... there was oil EVERYWHERE. soo.. I kick and scream and decide to take the "POS" back.. by that time I had named the motor the "burnt turd" (y'all knwo where this is going huh?) :unsure:

so, then some very nice member of NPROA runs the VIN # that belonged to this motor..... find out the pathy it belonged to never failed a smog.... it was last smogged in 2001 and was later that year smashed to death. Salvage title to follow. :blink:

So i decide to take more parts off.. and the further i got into it.. the better it looked compared to MY motor :hide: .....

needless to say.... after all the screaming and complaining after i found out some history on this motor it put my mins at ease and just got fresh paint today and will be in my pathy early next week.........

moral of my story (which i try NEVER to do....) is "don't judge the book by the cover" ;) after being inoperative for 5 years you'd look crusty and old too.....

sssh

all right here is one of my bone headed moments......It was 1985 and I was a junior in high school and was a member of the ski club(wasn't that much of a skier but all the hot chicks were in the ski club ;) ) so for our anual trip we went to Whistler B.C during spring break and we stayed in some timeshare condos 4 to a condo but the beautiful thing about em was they(well ours) was fully stocked with booze. They had a pantry in the kitchen full so needless to say we stayed drunk the whole week. Well on night three I was more blasted then I had been and we were out messin around and I ended up getting lost(damn condos all look alike) so here I am staggering around in the snow with a bottle of absoulot in my hand looking for my condo, so I try what I think is our condo and my damn key won't work so I start pounding on the door yelling all kinds of choice words....o btw it like 2:00 a.m...and the door opens and its this chick: and I was like "o sorry I guess I got the wrong condo" she say"no its cool comon in"allright if wouldnt been so chit faced it would have been like cool booty call but I was drunk and cold and I just wanted to ge in some place warm. So in I go and chit chat yada yada yada one thing leads to another and businnes is starting to be taken care of when all of the sudden someone starts pounding on the door and chicky says"o chit its my bf" I was like rutroh and this is how it went.........

HER: You have to hide somwhere...

ME: Where???.....

HER: Go on the patio and I will get him to sleep and the let you back in......

ME: <------ DUMBA$$....Ok......

Ok let me tell you the cinerino(sp)?....."patio" no more the six iches wide with a rail on it ......location 3rd floor......me out the door and over the rail....where I am now hanging on to said railing and bf comes in chitchat wit gf lights go off and im thinking ok should be too long...well a bit of time passes and I start hearing that "noise" if u get my drift. Now I was like I gotta get back in and go out while they are doing the Mcnasty so pull myself up a bit and try the door....she locked the f'n door!!!! so now im totallly screwed too far to jump(pool wasnt close enough to jump into) and I kinda start panicking and im loosin my grip. (I think u c where this is headed) Well im losing and and down I go three stories to the pool deck right on my back only thing I can say is thank God I was drunk cause if I hadent been it would have been disasterous....Well as I laid there trying to come to grips with what just happend trying to get some kind of air back to my lung wondering if I was alive dead or just plain broke up beyond repair this "old" lady was waking by and sees my layin there and walk over and says "f'n drunks" and proceededs to kick me in the ribs :furious: no :help: man talk about adding insult to injury. Well anywho, that swift kick to the ribs brought me back to reality and I was now sober as a judge and able to move got up found room climbed into bed and when I woke then next P.M I couldnt move my back and a$$ hurt so bad I spent two days in bed before I was able to move very lucky to be able to ever move I still feel it today sometimes but im grateful. sorry bout the spelling not my high point

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heh....well, this is a good thread, that, IMHO should never die, so I'll add my latest boneheaded moment.

Entitled: Don't weld sh!t wearing fleece

So, I got a welder a few weeks back, and of course, the thought of melting 2 pieces of metal together is the COOLEST things I can think of, so I have to try it on everything. Anyhow, I had the old frame rust issue, so I welded some plate in there, and all was well.

I'd been having some issues with my exhaust being a little loose, so I looked at the welder, and thought... "Hmm.....why not?" SO I crawl under the truck, and look at one of the loose joints. Brace it up with the jack, and start tacking. Remove the jack....all is good....exhaust is now hanging properly. Alright, time to weld the joint tight. Anyways, I'm not wearing LONG gloves......and I'm welding overhead.......and I start to smell something that doesn't just smell like metal......so I stop, remove welding goggles.....to find my sleeve on fire. Of course, I'm under the truck.....so movement is limited......so I pat the fire out on a crossmember, look at the hole in my jacket, and feel pain on my arm beneath, and figure it's not too bad......and go back to work.

IF that wasn't bad enough.....I'm now being VERY careful about my arms....keeping them far enough away from falling sparks and such.

Only problem is that as I'm welding, a small piece of metal falls off right where I was welding......onto my pants in an....um.....sensitive area.....and promptly burns through my pants, underwear, and is now sitting about an inch away from my manhood, burning into my skin. Now, I'm still under the truck, so putting out a fire in my crotch is NOT easy....and I'm beating the hell out of myself trying to stop the &^%*@$# fire in my pants!!! NOT fun....and it left an interesting little scar....just glad it wasn't an inch or so to the left!!! :D

Alright, I have been reading through this for the past two hours at work. It's good I'm my own boss so I don't fire myself. I'm currently up to page three and will just print the rest and read it on the train commute home tonight. Gotta get some work done.

So here's a quickie of the dumbest thing I have done (maybe not the dumbest but ranks up there pretty high). I was 7 or 8. My sister and a slew of cousins (I have a lot of them, I'm latino all we do is have kids) where playing tag in the front driveway/yard. I dropped a plastic bag on the floor by mistake and everyone was running. My sister stepped on it and fell, she broke her hand pretty badly and to this day she has the scar and cannot straighter out her hand. (the break was in the elbow area).

A couple of days later I'm JELOUS of my sister because she has this cool cast and I tell my mother that I want one. I said that I felt bad, the whole thing was my fault and I needed a cast too. My mother said, that you only get casts when you break a bone. I climbed to the roof and jump off, broke my arm and right leg. Quick couple of bones broken and I got two casts instead of one.