Self-Depreciation Alley

Precise1

Well I just have to contribute....

So, this is about 10-11 or so years ago, I was around I don't know 13 maybe, anyway it was my fathers Birthday also I had just gotten a cool new skateboard(that being in style at that time) Since I was not all to proficient (who am I kidding im a frikin clutz) at standing up on something with wheels I decide in my mind of minds to lay on my stomach and push myself forward with my arms, so everythings going good im padling down my block having a grand old time, I see some friends and try to cath up to them, all of a sudden BAM I catch a small ledge in the sidewalk I go face first into the concrete, bloods shooting out of my face Im thinking AWW GOD AWW GOD, My parents are gonna kill me, and I wanted to cry but being a young MAN I had to do the manly thing and refuse, so I have my tshirt covering my mouth area where the blood is streaming from, I get to my house being as its my fathers bday everyone is there I look like I just got stabbed everyone freaks out, screaming what happend what happend alll that stuff, well long story short, I broke my front right tooth, Severed it clean through the center. The blood was originating from my lip where the severed tooth particle found its new home. Man that sucked, I have never ever to0uched a skateboard again.

Speed Testing...

I was in the Dominican Republic on a small vacation and I rented a really cool scooter. This thing had 80kph on the speedometer. Loving high speeds me and my cousin go to a straight road to test this thing.

We are talking about a real small scooter. REAL SMALL and I'm 6'3" with another 170 pound person with me. We found a straight road and GUNNED IT... Wanting to reach the 80kph that it says on this thing. I nearly killed myself doing 80 when this white dog jumped in my way. Did some cool maneuvers to avoid the dog. We get to the intersection and I say well the dog interrupted us. Let's do it again. We go again and we are again doing close to 80 and the freaking DOG is there again. This time I move right and its there, left and its there. I say well it wants to get HIT... I hit the dog but hit it more towards the tail... My cousin went flying (nothing happened to him, just a few scrapes), and I go with the scooter on my right side. I must have scrape the floor for about 20 feet before letting go of the scooter. For some reason I did not want to let go. When I did, I slid another good 15 feet. In the process I got VERY banged up and lost conciousness for a while. When they get to wake me up, the herd of people surrounding me, all I can here is we have to get him to a hospital. I then hear some guy say, I'll take him and another guy say I'll help. So they get me on his motorcycle (after my motorcycle accident) and I'm in the middle. Did I mention I could not see and was COMPLETELY BLIND... All I could do was hear. The guy driving the motorcycle says, yeah its hard I've gotten into two accidents already this year. I'm like OH S$#T.

We got to the hospital and I did regain my vision. Broke my leg and three fingers, AGAIN. Alot of cuts, ALOT of cuts all on my right site. all my fingers where scraped beyong believe and so where the palms of my hands. I was a bloody pulp. Spent about 5 hours getting ALOT of stiches and alot of patches and another cast. I was confined to bed for the remainder of my vacation which had just started and about 3 weeks after I got home I was still just NOT right.

I have never again gotten on anything motorized with two wheels. The messed up thing was that it was a scooter. A freaking SCOOTER. When I tell the story I sometimes replace the scooter with a real motorcycle but WHY LIE it was a F%$#g

SCOOTER...

I looked to see if I found this thing: It's called a Yamaha Chappy and here's a picture of that crap that nearly killed me about 9 years ago.

chappy.jpg

LOL, I won't ride scooters; TOO FREAKIN DANGEROUS !!!

I did hit a deer on the freeway at 70mph. Killed it. I didn't crash, but it took a while for my legs to stop shaking...

B

I did hit a deer on the freeway at 70mph. Killed it. I didn't crash, but it took a while for my legs to stop shaking...

did u at least stop and pick it up so it could be cleaned and make a good couple meals?...

i swear if i hit a dear im calling the game warden getting it tagged strapping it to the hood (assuming its going to be all smashed up), gut it clean it and vaccum pack the meat...deer is sooooo goood

i'll return with some stories sometime...i've got way too many of those DOH moments...

did u at least stop and pick it up so it could be cleaned and make a good couple meals?...

LOL, no, although it would have been a good eater... I broke it's neck and split it's head open but the rest of it was in fair shape for being broadsided. Problem was that after the 1/4 mile tankslapper I had to deal with, I was a mite bit shakey and not very hungry. Thirsty though, went right home and hit the tequila... :bow: -alcohol-

B

:takebow: Ok i got one back in the good ole days of high school. me and my buddies got drunk in front of my parents house and decided to go to a party well in order to stay out all night i told my parents i was staying at my buddy johns house. no big deal so proceeded to go to the party half way there it dawned on me that three of my friends were not with us i did not think too much of it meantime my three friends had passed out at my house one on the tailgate of his truck out on the curb in front of the house!! one on my bed and one half way in the bathroom. I ofcourse did not know this as there was a large group of us. well we get to the party and throw down hard-core, lots of alchohol and drugs involved. so now it is 4 in the morning and even in my drunken stuper i realize my friends are at my house and i am not. So i have to sneek them out. WE hop in my buddies truck and hall a$$ cutting through peoples front corner lawns and having a good time until i decide i am feeling a little queezy so here we are going like 60 in a 30 through neigborhood and i have my head out the window puking my indards out..... anyway we finally get turn the corner on my street and i see my friend passed out on the street!! he had rolled off his tailgate and smaked the concrete. so we get out and laugh at him for like a half our before checking to see if he was alright. i get my composure back and decide to get my other friends out of my house so we can keep partying so i unlock the front door and step in wham trip over something and fall literally flat on my face. no bracing or anything. would have really hurt if i was not so wasted. suddenly the light comes on and there are my parents and my other two friends sitting in the living room. I had blood gushing from my nose didnt even think twice about it cause i knew how much trouble i was in. I looked back and seen that my parents had moved the coffee table in front of the door not knowing how hard i was going to actually fall. needless to say i was in trouble for a long time but it sure is fun telling that story and reliving it with all my buddies that moved out here iwth me to colorado.

I got more to tell later gotta to back to work for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it doesn't compare with breaking your own limbs out of jealousy or anything, but it was interesting at the time, and funny now...

One fine, lazy Saturday evening here in Cali about 15 years ago, I decide it's time for a nap in the inlaw unit I was renting. Basically just a large room with a kitchenet on one end, 5 feet of hallway into a bathroom area and front (only) door that opened. Yes, you entered/exited via the bathroom. :shrug:

So I laid down to take a nap with the doors and windows wide open, a norm at that time of day. My cat Buddha was sleeping on the stereo which was his favorite spot due to the warmth and height. For the purpose of understanding, Buddha the cat just showed up at my door one day when I came home. I pet him and felt nothing but spine so I gave him a can of tuna... He never left. Once we got some ground rules worked out he was a very cool cat who fleshed out to a solid 18 lbs of territorial attitude. I once watched him jump 3 cats, from a fence, but I digress.

After perhaps an hour or so of peaceful slumber, I am awakened at dusk by the horrible racket of a cat fight about 6 feet from my bed. As I jolt upright, I see the feline melee in the middle of the studio; a black cat and a white cat. Waking up with my usual good humor, I rolled off the bed, taook a step and kick into the twirling mass of fur. Buddha was the one I connected with and he ran out hallway/bathroom/front door. The black cat ran under a table to the right. Oh well, no time for being a sloth. I ducked down and reached out to the right to grab the black cat, and saw it staring at me. A big fuzzy black cat with a white stripe down it's back... SHIET !!! (this area has a lot of skunks)

Le Fume looks at me... I draw my hands back... Le Fume does a little dance... I step back and stand up... Le Fume shows me his ass... I run out the door...

Once outside, I look around for Buddha and he is no where in sight. GOOD !!! After a good 5 minutes of standing pressed next to the entrance door, I begin to wonder... What is Le Fume doing ?

I venture a peek... Nothing.

I look for a bit... Nothing.

I step into the bathroom next to the hallway and do the same... Nothing.

A few minutes... Nothing

I step into the hallway to look into the room. When I reach the end, Le Fume walks around the corner and steps on my foot.

I'm looking down...

He looks up...

And shows me his ass !

Being a sensible grown man, I leap back, duck to the right and hide in the shower enclosure. Le Fume obviously understands, comes down the hallway and heads for the door.

As I peek over the shower enclosure, I see him freeze on the doorstep. WTF ? Then I hear MMMRRROWWWWWWWWW !! Le Fume backsteps into the bathroom with Buddha IN HIS FACE ! NO NO NONONONOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

Buddha pounces the skunk hardcore, I can see black fur flying. Le Fume piruettes and lays a full load into the cats face at 1'. Buddha makes wierd noises, hunkers down, lays his ears back, rolls up the eye guards but doesn't move !! Once the actual spray is done, Buddha goes back into combat mode and literally pounces on the skunk from behind, claws and fangs flying !! Black hair everywhere !! When they split, Le Fume is ready and lays another blast dead in his face. Basically, the same events happened. At this point I'm amazed, worried, and about to barf. Obviously the skuck wanted to leave and my friggin cat was causing the problems (and smell). Round 3 starts and I have had enough (30 seconds total) so I look around the shower enclosure for something... The soap !! I grab the soap, stand tall and hurl it well enough to hit Buddha in the side. He goes running out the door, Le Fume sprints after him and I bust out of the shower enclosure follow them and barf.

5 minutes later I have the car keys and am driving to the store for tomato juice. Once I clean out the entire isle of 1/2 gallon containers, I hit the checker. When I had it on the conveyer, the checker looked up and said 'Do you smell skunk ?". I just looked down at the tomato juice, and stepped up to the counter. I swear you have never heard a scanner beep so fast in your life ! He gave me a total, I threw some bills in excess and never looked back.

Spent the next 2 days washing EVERYTHING, including the walls with tomato juice. Washed myself and the cat that night, and to his credit the furry bastage didn't claw me, just tore out the grout... For months people would say "Do you smell skunk". My reply "No". To this day my sense of skunk smell is unpleasant, but not near the barf factor it once was... :D

My only possible reconstruction of the events is that the skunk ventured in, poked around and started eating Buddha's food, the sounds of which awoke him. He must have been dead asleep I imagine, or he would have killed the skunk outright. Poor starved Buddha was VERY protective of his food...

B

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm just finishing up moving. While I had a buddy and his truck help me with the few things (one trip) I couldn't carry alone, I have basically done it all myself. This is impressive as I have far more crap than a single renter should...

I planned to rent a box van last weekend to move things that I could carry but didn't fit in the Pathy (incl a motorcycle), then decided not to when it was supposed to rain. Last Satuday morning it was cloudy but no rain although the next few days it would... Ok, box van it is !!

Well, the first thing to be loaded is the BMW K75 that has been sitting for a few years... I back the van 1/2 way into the driveway to lessen the angle of the ramp and go get the bike. Oops, the tires are almost flat. Being in a rush, I put enough air in the tires with a bicycle pump to get it to roll ok and out to the van it goes.

Once in the driveway with the bike lined up, there is no room to get a rolling start. Well, I guess it's grunt time. I have the bike lined up all the way to one side of the ramp so I can walk/push along on the other side of the ramp.

1-2-3 GO !!! That gets me about 1/2 way up the ramp... I grab the front brake to hold position and prepare for heaving.

HEAVE !!!!!

*no forward movement*

HEAVE !!! (pant, pant)

*no forward movement*

(curse, pant, pant, rant) HEAVE !!!

*no forward movement*

Ok, this isn't going to work so I back the bike down the ramp. Problem is that the ramp isn't wide enough for me to get a good stance to get maximum force while balancing the bike... Ok, I'll do the same thing but I'll go along side the ramp. Sure, it's tall at the bumper but I'm no shorty and have monkey arms to boot. NP !!! I'll just step up on the bumper when I get there and the bike will roll in. ;)

This works MUCH better !! On the first try, I roll the bike up the 6' ramp and into the truck. Well, sort of...

On the last step before I step up on the bumper and into the back of the van, I trod upon a friggin pine cone !!! That was just enough to screw up my speed, tempo, coordination and next step...

Realizing that I wasn't going to make it into the back of the box van along with the motorcycle (it's front wheel is in the van and pushing has become MUCH easier), I apply the front brake to hold position so I can get in... This is where things went wrong ! The underinflated front tire locked up, slid forward and sideways away from me on the aluminum floor of the van, twisting the bars to full lock my direction. Now the bike is falling on me... As it is a pretty gloss black BMW, it is not allowed to fall off of a loading ramp !!! So I do the only sensible thing, I catch it with my hip/side just below the seat while holding onto the bars.

Ok, I now have a 400+ lb motorcycle 1/2 way into the back of a moving van canted about 30 degrees from the ground, wheels 30" higher than my feet as I stand (pitched over sideways) with my knees against the bumper of the van, holding on to the bars and supporting the weight with my side...

I'm phucked !!

It actually wasn't too bad just holding it there, I could have done it indefinitely (read 5 minutes MAX !!) but I couldn't let go of the bars (or especially the front brake) to get a good grip as it would roll and drop, maybe all the way to the driveway !! :o After a 15 second panting and sanity break, I did the only sensible thing I could. I looked around for someone to yell at to come and get this damn thing off of me !!!! As per standard life procedure, no one around.... SHEIT !!!

Ok, up to me then... I can't actually tell you exactly what I did from then on other than some insane cursing and screaming (apparently sailors in Burma were covering their ears and crying) but with some wriggling and heaving I slowly, step by step, lifted it back up right, climbed up on the ramp with it, rolled it into place, put the kick stand down and parked it. At that point, I was panting like a dog and literally dripping sweat to the point that I took my shirt off and used papertowels to dry myself.

I can only liken it to the mother that lifts a car off of her child...

I still have muscles I didn't know existed screaming at me and the 3" bruise on my left forearm is fading after it turned that wierd yellow green color that seems so wrong on a body part. And I don't bruise !!

While I was in a rush and am the 'do it yourself' kind of guy, all this could have been avoided by asking damn near anyone to help me for 5 minutes... At least I didn't drop her !! That would have pissed me off to no end !!

It's the other side that has damage from the last crash; that wouldn't have been as bad... :D

B

ok. I have a new one. Happened yesterday. First time EVER in my life I have done this.... hoping not to repeat the process.... although tolerable pain, hideable bump, the pain to my ego is insurmountable. :blink: luckily no one saw it happen.

So! I am at work installing a tow hitch onna 10 foot van (i work for U-Haul), i have the air ratchet with socket on the ready, all bolts started and in need of tightening.

vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt.. one down, 7 to go. vvrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt.. 2 down 6 to go.. vrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttttttt... you get the pciture ;)

so i am on number 8 of 8 and it is the bolt closest to me and i am leaning in to see the ehad fo the bolt. i get the socket of the air ratchet on the final bolt, get myself into position and pull the trigger. vrrrrrrrrrrrt all of a sudden the ratchet decides it's done and swings in my direction, catching my shocked self directly on the left temple of my head :furious: it hurt like hell, and was a full speed/dead stop smack upside the head, but i knwo the guys are lurking near, so i just suck it up, pretend nothing happened and finished the job.

By the end of a busy day even i had forgot my earlier mishap.......... until.......... i had bee home about 2 hours and i got a sudden itch on my hairline...... on the left side of my head.. WHAM!!!!!!! i go in for the kill and give it a good scratch. this is the point i realize that it hurt like hell and WTF :furious: .. then i felt the rather large lump protruding from the side of my head......... and the memory came flooding back.....

well.... i have now almost forgotten about yesterdays mishap.. when today i am installing a hitch onna 2003 hyundai santa fe.. the rubber muffler hangers are being a PITA and i have the death grip on the last hanger.. i am pulling for all i'm worth.... when my hand slips.. BANG!!!!!!!!!! :furious: :furious: P...P... swuare in the forehead go i against the tip of the muffler. :blink: i was sure i had a half round bump on my forehead with a black mark.... upon confirmation in a mirror, i have an almost invisible bump and no permanent damage that i know of..... except my pride. B)

Have a story from earlier today, I guess it belongs here.

My wife and I are in the process of redoing the "flower" beds in front of our house. The problem we keep running into is that I have 3 huge Silver Maple trees in the front yard. One of the annoying things with Maples is the roots like to spread out and stay 1-2 inches below the surface. Ran into one about 6" in diameter and cut through it (just had to have room for the edging). Then dug a hole for a flower we were transplanting and hit another 6" diameter root, this hole was only about a foot away from where I hit and cut through the last part. :idea: I'll cut it again at the back of the hole and then yank it out with the truck (since I cut it once before to run the edging). So, I cut it, dig enough out to run my tow strap under it and hook the strap to the front tow hook on the truck (the 88). Now I have done this before with shrubs and various other things, and I usually just pop it into 4lo, put it in reverse and it will pull stuff right out at idle. No dice this time :angry: , so I pull forward abou 5 feet and then just goose the throttle in reverse and let off, I can see the root flex up out of the hole, but not come out of the ground. Try that again....and again....nothing. Try it a 4th time, but give it a longer goose.... :blink: ... 3 feet of tree root come flying back at the truck. Wife screams, I'm fine, truck is mostly OK, busted the right turn signal and put a small dent in the hood by the center vent (the root broke in half upon impact with my Procomp light :confused: ). So I walk over to where the root had been and come to find out it was a different one than I had cut the first time :X I just pulled up and snapped off 3 feet of root.

Could have been much worse if it had flew higher, one reason I tend not to hit the pedal that hard when doing stuff like this. Off to the J-yard tomorrow to replace that turn signal :lol: .

Took a pic with my new camera phone....(it takes some good pics fora phone).

0527061312.jpg

Edited by GrimGreg

Hmm, I saw the 'different root' bit comming. LMAO at your

and hit another 6" diameter root

Do you also tell the wife 'This is 10 inches'... :P

I'm glad you or no one else got brained in that adventure... ;)

B

:takebow: ok I have a quick one to tell. It was the weekend and I was at home with my daughter our first and she was only 5 months old. Being a first time dad I was nervous about alot of things but thought that i could handle a day alone with her. (Mom is a nurse and has to work some weekends) anyway the wife was about to come home on lunch break so i thought i would have Sydney (daughter) dressed up for mom. So I picked out some outfit i know my wife wanted to see her in and proceded to change the diaper (damage control) and dress her up. So we are now downstairs sitting on the new suede couch i was really proud of. Sudenly i felt this warm relaxing sensation looked down and Sydney had a great big smile on her face :D It then dawned on me that she was peeing all over me and the new couch so i am holding her up thinking what the heck happened here the diaper should not have leaked. Then my wife walked in as i am holding our soaked daughter up in the air i am soaked along with the new couch.... So I figured out why she leaked through the clothes. I simply forgot to put on the diaper.... has anybody else ever done this??? sorry i guess it was not as short as i thought. :lol: