What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Towed it to the shop last night after flooding the engine, scheduled it in this morning and dodged a bullet because it only hydro locked and didn't damage the engine any further.

Phew!

Finished putting back together the wiring harness I built for it. Swapped it in and it fired right up and purred like a kitten. I drove it around the block and to NAPA for more electrical tape. Now to pretty it back up and secure everything like it was. I am one happy camper! I sort of forgot about the alignment after I rebuilt everything in the front end. Needs one of those bad...

Just re keyed every lock on my new pathfinder to match the ignition key. Drivers side, pass side, rear hatch AND glove box locks all match the ignition now. :)

It took me a bit to figure out how to disassemble the glove box lock...there's a tiny pin that's melted into the plastic that has to be removed before the cylinder will slide out! Now I know for next time...

I'm sure it's nothing like the out east there! We only get snow a few times a year so they definitely exist. Just a matter of the right price

Edited by Nefarious

I am willing to pay up to 3000 for the "right" one. My requirements are no rust, less than 250,000km, 5 speed, never been wheeled, and stock. Oh and it also must be able to make the drive home hahaha.

If you find one in Washington, look into the west side, east of the cascades they use salt and get a lot of snow, west side doesn't. Lot's of rain but little snow/salt. I would consider selling you my 95, but it doesn't meet most of your requirements, but hey it would make the trip though...LOL :) good luck searching

I have a couple people out your way keeping an eye out. The next one I buy will stay stock and not get wheeled. Just babied and driven around. I will keep my white one for offroading.

If you find one in Washington, look into the west side, east of the cascades they use salt and get a lot of snow, west side doesn't. Lot's of rain but little snow/salt. I would consider selling you my 95, but it doesn't meet most of your requirements, but hey it would make the trip though...LOL :) good luck searching

I'm on the east side and nobody even thinks about rust. Most of my friends have older cars in poor condition with no rust issues, and now that I think about it, I can't remember seeing any rigs at the wrecking yards with holes in them, with the possible exception of a 70s or 80s Fiat convertible that had been left for years with the carpets in and the top down.

It looks like the DOT here uses a deicing solution and lots of sand rather than rock salt.

The few rusty trucks out here (that don't predate unleaded gas) are the ones bought at auction from the east coast where people know better, and sold here where they don't. I looked under a few Yotas at a dealer that shouldn't have been parked near a road, let alone driven on one. (My Pathy was an east-coast rig, unfortunately.)

Well I guess I have been brought up to speed on the farm side, LOL I know they use that crap deicer on I 90, it eats the crap out of our trucks wiring, and aluminum wheels.. unlike salt, deicers have wicking properties and get moisture pulled into the wiring harness. But yeah no worries about rusted out framework, and yes we also have the deicer on the wet side.. :)