What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Eagerly awaiting the day my rear racing slick AT's for some with more than 1/64" tread lol

But got one upper ball joint (waiting for the other to come in), strut rod bushings FINALLY, and almost finished fitting an impreza outback sport hood scoop to a spare hood!

Anyone notice a tiny lift obtained from replacing strut rod bushings? Maybe I'm just crazy or over tightened them?

I cleaned out the garbage, bolted the driver seat back in, and put the interior plastics back on the wd21. then wiped down the super dusty interior. It's already to sell now. After i replace the wheel bearing. Hopefully somebody finds a home for it.

Installed two new kenwood excelon speakers in place of the front bose factory speaker (sounds WAY better), cleaned out the inside of the it, wiped it down as well, and placed all of my tools and junk under the cargo net in the back of the car50. :)

Also played around with my JVC deck, and figured out that my sub hits harder on REAR, instead of SUB..... for the "low mode". Does anyone have a clue as to why? My deck's rca's are for the sub AND rear output in one.... i'm going to leave it on REAR, but i can't individually control my sub. :(

Also played around with my JVC deck, and figured out that my sub hits harder on REAR, instead of SUB..... for the "low mode". Does anyone have a clue as to why? My deck's rca's are for the sub AND rear output in one.... i'm going to leave it on REAR, but i can't individually control my sub. :(

My guess is because there is more signal being output in rear (full range of frequencies) than sub (only low freq). See if there are any settings like a cutoff frequency or bass level or something you can mess with. On the pioneers i have messed with, you can set the highest frequency that will be output in 'sub' mode which lets you mess with how hard it hits.

Worst case scenario is you probably have some potentiometers on your amp that can be set and changing the fader setting might be able to increase or decrease sub volume when you have it set on rear..

installed a 90 amp alt on the 88 yesterday, and today the wife's 94 battery takes a crap.

luckily had a spare 90 amp alt from the pap half price sale $50,00 for 2

ugggghhh i wish i had known they were having a half price day!! my buddy told me aboput it when it was done and now im mad lol, could have grabbed up a bunch of little things i needed lol

Today I jotted down a few easy fixes from my giant list of little issues and set out on my mission. I pulled out the driver's seat and found I have keyless entry box, so I ordered a new fob from keylessride.com. After that, I dropped the skid plate and checked to find that I did indeed need new sway bar bushings. I called Advance and ordered those and decided to wash my Ranger and my dad's F150 while I waited on the bushings to make it to the local store. While at Advance I picked up a few spare fuses for just in case. When I got home I installed the new bushings and skid plate and washed it. While washing it I decided to pop off the center caps and clean under there. I kind of like the way it looks without them, but I didn't like the fact I was missing a lugnut both front wheels. I lucky had two lugnuts on my spare that fit, so now it is riding inside. Once I got my lugnuts tight, I figured I'd call it a night. I might look on eBay for the piece to fix my power antenna since I realized after 5 seconds of reading that the one I bought would require a new fender to work. The only other thing is to run out to the car wash and vacuum the floors and maybe stop at Sonic. Nothing like a big ole chocolate peanut butter bacon and Oreo milkshake to celebrate a day of nothing really accomplished.

Re-installed the rear wing, painted it gloss black with clear, new SS screws:

2mqmb1s.jpg

Swapped out the grille from the one I have with the lights in it to the Hardbody grille that I painted (was Chrome, Thanks to EZlife for the grille !), Truck is close to the house and there is a car behind it so I had to take angled pics for now, it looks pretty good and no more gap against the corner lights:

359lcwm.jpg

w0ia7t.jpg

stereo went out yesterday on my way to the Dr., no sound unless I turned the volume up to about 25 than distorted, today pulled the radio (old 1994 model Alpine cd player with Alpine EQ), tried bypassing the EQ to see if it would make a difference, it didn't, ran a new RCA cable to the amp (Alpine 4 ch) to see if the cable was bad, no difference. Pulled the amp and hooked it up to another radio using my power supply in my shed, same result as when it was in the truck, Conclusion amp took a crap.

Hooked up another amp ( Yamaha 4 ch), wasn't working right so I pulled it back out.

Working on a trade with a guy on car audio forum for a Cerwin Vega 4 ch amp in trade for some old car audio magazines I have.

so no stereo for a while, at least the one in my sentra works and that is what I drive 98% of the time anyway.

Did my first oil change. The PO said he did it right before I bought it {2K ago) but the filter sure didn't look like it. I took it to Wally World yesterday, picked up a filter and some Valvoline synthetic and parked in the driveway. Drained the oil and attacked the dreaded filter... I got it loose with some grunting and a few blisters (I like changing the oil when it is hot but whoever designed the filter placement had his HUHA). I figured I could outsmart the whole oil on the starter thing but nope, I think no matter what you do it is a mess. Filter relocation would be nice but I cant see putting it under the truck......

I agree on the filter placement, I started to do the relocation but had a problem with the adapter, think it was bottoming out on the nipple before the adapter made contact with the filter mounting surface so it was leaking bad. Next oil change going to try it again, I have another adapter.

Some people put the filter under the hood I was going to (still will) mount the filter up under the fender than use part of a semi mud flap to cover/protect it from any possible flying debris, Plus putting the filter where I am going to allows the filter to be removed straight down and I can use a larger filter, can also fill the filter first after changing the oil this way.

pic below:

63t3z6.jpg

I don't go 4 wheeling much, haven't gone yet at all actually but if you do go often you could fab up a metal cover to go between the tire and the filter. I think the thick rubber of a semi mud flap would be thick enough.

I would probably mount ( the rubber) like I did with the covers I made for my hardbody when I had the body lift to cover the gap between the frame and the body, mount a few 1/4 -20 bolts through the metal with a nut to hold the bolt in place but have enough thread to put the rubber over the bolt, than either use another bolt with a washer or drill the end of the bolt and use a washer and a pin, so the rubber can easily be removed when you need access to the filter.

Swapped out the grille from the one I have with the lights in it to the Hardbody grille that I painted (was Chrome, Thanks to EZlife for the grille !), Truck is close to the house and there is a car behind it so I had to take angled pics for now, it looks pretty good and no more gap against the corner lights

Looks good. What are you going to do with the old grille and hella lights? I did not know that grille would work with pathfinder turn signals. I didn't use it cause the chrome signals that came with it were much wider around the edges. I figured if you used the grille you had to use the turn signals, lol.

Thanks, I thought their would be a gap between the grille and the lights also but the edge of the grille has an extra peice of plastic on it that looks like it is designed to fill the small gap on either side.

Today I'll take a pic straight on since no one is behind the truck.

My grille with the lights I'll probably hold onto for another 20 years, LOL it's already 20 something years old, I still check e-bay once in a while for the lights for it, they are not Hella's they are Carello and are a certain size, slightly larger than comparable sized Hella and Bosch lights. The Carello's are getting hard to find and the people that do have them for sale want a ridiculous amount for them since they were available stock on Ferrari and Lamborghinis the people treat the lights like they are made of gold !!!

Today I walked outside to put stuff in the truck for work tonight and screamed because my locks were messing up again. I just went ahead and pulled the timer and did my best attempt at reordering two of the pins that were missing all of their solder. I know I need to get a better soldering iron though, my cheap-o junk was barely melting the solder on direct contact, much less by doing it the correct way. I guess I'll see how good I did after a few miles of vibrations. The locks all seem to work again for now though.

I also ordered some new rear window struts and a cowl grill for the driver's side. If Rock Auto gets the order right I should have a good week coming up with all these parts in the mail. Reading the previous posts and knowing I have to change the oil soon, I may have to go ahead and look into a filter relocation. It will be my first time changing the oil and I can definitely see what everyone is talking about with the starter. Anyone know of the best kit to go with? I've read about a lot of leaks and I have enough of those as is.

I might just go camping tomorrow night. These forums make me really want to go outside.

• Like 1

No offense but to anyone complaining about the filter placement, I can name several that have way worse filter placements. My old grand am was 10 times worse, the pathfinder one isn't really bad at all.

not really good either !

Check out Ace Hardware if you have one near you Aegis, I picked up a cheap Weller soldering iron from them, ( my more expensive Weller needs new tips and no one stocks them locally), and the one I bought from Ace gets hot QUICK !! Makes soldering easy. Think it was like $17 with 2 tips, some solder and a little stand.

On my door lock timer, last time I had it out, I was just resoldering all of the connections whether they looked bad or not and when I put it back in the locks are working perfectly again.

No offense but to anyone complaining about the filter placement, ...

None taken. You have to respect one's opinion to be offended. eusa_dance.gif

(just ribbing of course! I like to say that as soon as someone starts a sentence with that remark)

I like the idea of relocating the filter. I've been around these parts for a while now but, I have to ask the "newb" question, has anyone relocated the caR50 filter?