What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Tightened my exhaust manifold bolts. Except for one that I can't manage to get a socket or anything onto because there is no clearance since I upgraded to 10 mm. Need to grind the manifold a bit at some point. It's pretty tight already so whatever. I even tried a crow's foot, but no dice.

I just spent 15 minutes sanding the rust off the hinge in my ashtray. Seriously.

th_DSC09326.jpg th_DSC09327.jpg

I know, there's still rust on the inner part of the hinge. :headwall: Time to reinstall the hinge and apply some wheel bearing grease to it...

well I didn't do this today but last weekend I forgot all about this thread.

Here Is my 1-day quick and dirty front bumper to replace the wasted stocker.

Finished36.jpg

I spent no more than $36 on it. All I paid for was welding supplies, grinding supplies and paint.

Remember the The metal I drug outta the woods?

10ftRustyPipe.jpg

Made good use of that bend too B)

Edited by MY1PATH

Drove it and got extremely mad at it... another bad MAF. This is what Z31s do with a bad MAF... By the way that obnoxious rattling is a busted baffle inside my muffler. Need to find the time to take it to have a free replacement put on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E6DaZvukjA

Reinforced the solder joints of my clock. Some were looking a little on the thin side and my clock's digits have been dimming or cutting out once in a while (generally when it's extremely hot out) so I hope this will help.

well I didn't do this today but last weekend I forgot all about this thread.

Here Is my 1-day quick and dirty front bumper to replace the wasted stocker.

I spent no more than $36 on it. All I paid for was welding supplies, grinding supplies and paint.

Not bad for $36! So, do you have turn signals?

got it smogged today and i guess he said it was like 76 degrees advanced , i think its cause when i did my timing belt i didnt line up the timing mark pulley up right but still passed barely think my cat is going bad

got it smogged today and i guess he said it was like 76 degrees advanced , i think its cause when i did my timing belt i didnt line up the timing mark pulley up right but still passed barely think my cat is going bad

Yeah, no way you can get one of these things 76 degrees off...

Not bad for $36! So, do you have turn signals?

The stock turn signals fit between the pipes perfectly and would be there except they are too busted to mount.

A cheap JY pair may find their way in there sooner or later.

yeah i know it wouldnt even run right but i need to move my pulley next time so they dontfreak out.add that to my to do list

Each bolt on the pulley is 60 degrees apart so your 76 degrees advanced is really 16.

• Put red threadlocker on my power valve screws. All screws were accounted for and tight upon removal at 126,460 miles. Good to have peace of mind, though. There was a lot of carbon build up inside the upper intake manifold collector.
  • Cleaned the throttle body very well since it was off.
  • Replaced the two brackets that have the engine cover studs; one had a broken stud, and the other stud was bending. I'll make sure these new ones don't break from overtightening this time.
  • Greased tailgate door and glass hatch struts with wheel bearing grease (where the cup inserts into the ball at the base of the strut)

I'm probably forgetting something small, but it was a productive day. I'll have to have the Nissan dealer torque my throttle body, though, since I didn't have the proper hex key socket - hopefully they'd do it for free...

EDIT: Oh, I cut open the last oil filter I used (first filter I ever cut open). Purolator PureONE PL14610, in use for 2745 miles:

th_DSC09330.jpg th_DSC09329.jpg th_DSC09328.jpg th_DSC09332.jpgth_DSC09331.jpg

Filter was cut open using a Dremel. Anti-drainback valve was still soft and pliable; after puncturing the can, oil leaked out. Not that it matters much since the filter isn't at an angle where oil can drain back into the sump. I still have this filter, if someone wants pictures of something else about this filter let me know.

Edited by Towncivilian

Have you ever seen the filter the Titan uses? I was amazed the first time I changed the oil in the titan we had, a V8 with such a tiny filter and my Sentra filter about twice the size.

I slammed my brakes on!

... almost got smoked by some idiot who changed into my lane on the highway who obviously did NOT check her mirrors. I'm glad I did a brake upgrade last year.

As I laid on the horn, it appeared to me how "polite" the stock horn sounds. I'm gonna get me a new (different) horn from the JY. I've heard that Caddy Deville horns sound nasty. I'm gonna get one of those!

I tell ya, it was damn close!

The stock turn signals fit between the pipes perfectly and would be there except they are too busted to mount.

A cheap JY pair may find their way in there sooner or later.

Each bolt on the pulley is 60 degrees apart so your 76 degrees advanced is really 16.

alright cool thats a good thing to know. thanks

Have you ever seen the filter the Titan uses? I was amazed the first time I changed the oil in the titan we had, a V8 with such a tiny filter and my Sentra filter about twice the size.

Titan's VK56 calls for the same filter number as the quest VG33. There isn't much room in there for a bigger filter either.

I almost buried my KMA into the side of my supervisors ford at lunch yesterday. He decided to run a stop sign to cut in front of me and for some reason I instinctively hit the gas instead of the brake. Last minute he stopped in the middle of the road, he must have realize who I was and that I wasn't going to stop! Several guys at the shop told me they would have payed for the damage.

James

I slammed my brakes on!

... almost got smoked by some idiot who changed into my lane on the highway who obviously did NOT check her mirrors. I'm glad I did a brake upgrade last year.

As I laid on the horn, it appeared to me how "polite" the stock horn sounds. I'm gonna get me a new (different) horn from the JY. I've heard that Caddy Deville horns sound nasty. I'm gonna get one of those!

The older caddys have 3 horns got em on the MH :D

I slammed my brakes on!

That happens to me all the time here. People don't look and just swerve into lanes. Glad I have my ARB on because now I don't care if you tap my truck your car is the one getting messed up.