Childish arguing around here lately

nunya

OK, here's my problem. It seems lately there has been some dispute between some members. I'm not goeing to fingerpoint but while I generally find it amusing, even I am starting to bore with the same old song and dance over the grade school arguing. I know I don't always act adult and can act outright dumb at times as well, usually just trying to have some fun with the ocasional no-depth-to-it picking on someone. It's not meant to be taken seriously as I expect the same when it's aimed at me. So here's my idea I have, and I put it here since not everybody checks PoHo for what the daily b.s. is... If anyone has issues with anyone and just HAS to let the rest of the world know about it, keep it in one place, please(Use this thread, make one just for it, I don't care). I am tired of lookign at the progress someoen made to their truck and seeing the "Great Leaf Spring Debate" spilling over from thread to thread. It is getting old, fast.

If you don't agree with me, I don't honestly care. Complain, I welcome it truthfully. Mods, if you don't agree feel free to delete. I will not take offence to it. I just needed to vent a little. I am done.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to agree mate, there arent many people on here who seem to be out just to cause trouble, but those that do are really starting to irritate myself and others. If people don't have anything constructive to add to a discussion, they should keep their trap shut.

Another idea for those that have the need to prove who is bigger & better than the next guy, could we have a private room complete with do not disturb sign and a tape measure, pants to be left at the door...

Edited by DavefromOZ

The problem with a section devoted to arguing or no holds barred or relaxed rules is that it will spill over into the general forum as it has been proven time and time again. Another problem with a relaxed rules section is that there will end up being overlow in the form of member titles and signature info/pics. This has been done on other forums and has proven to happen.

Best I can suggest right now to wanting relaxed rules is to take that sort of posting to another forum, because this is just not the place for it. And as for arguing, it's already in the rules that it should be done via PM or email and kept of the board :togo:

From where I was the leaf springs vs coils debacle got quite childish. I hope I didn't inadvertently throw a log-on-the-fire by pointing out some of the good things about leaves, that certainly wasnt the intention.

One a more fun note - Is it just me, or does the stock VG30i, when pulling steadily at 2500, preferably on a slight incline, sound reminiscent of the philharmonic orchestra-designed VQ40 exhaust note in the 350z? That sexy sexy howl. Finally got through CA smog! Thanks to the knowledge & resources here on NPORA!

If I had the emoticon of guys toasting cold beer I'd post it [here]

" : beer : "

Remove the spaces... ;)

B

Edited by Precise1

oh yea well your truck is whiter than mine....and mine well mine is a lot greener than yours :D so what you gonna do about it?

The problem with a section devoted to arguing or no holds barred or relaxed rules is that it will spill over into the general forum as it has been proven time and time again. Another problem with a relaxed rules section is that there will end up being overlow in the form of member titles and signature info/pics. This has been done on other forums and has proven to happen.

that's the poho thread...not really arguing in a serious manner but it is pretty much no holds barred

Best I can suggest right now to wanting relaxed rules is to take that sort of posting to another forum, because this is just not the place for it. And as for arguing, it's already in the rules that it should be done via PM or email and kept of the board togo.gif

I need a bigger inbox ;) jk

i agree with you completely, nunya. the idiots need to keep their mouth shut, especially when they insist that they're right but are obviously wrong. but then again, i guess they are an idiot, so what more can we expect? they're too idiotic to know any better; too idiotic to know when they're wrong; too idiotic to use the Ignore List feature.

they like to use lines like "not worth my time," or "it's starting to get old," or "i am tired of it," or my all-time favorite, "i am not a nice guy," but yet all they can do in response to the cluttering of the forum, is add even more clutter with their constant complaining and whining. but you know me, "i'm not going to fingerpoint."

Alex, your posts are constantly argumentative, not unlike the one above. You're the problem here. The rest of the members, 99% of the time, get along just fine.

i agree with you completely, nunya. the idiots need to keep their mouth shut, especially when they insist that they're right but are obviously wrong. but then again, i guess they are an idiot, so what more can we expect? they're too idiotic to know any better; too idiotic to know when they're wrong; too idiotic to use the Ignore List feature.

they like to use lines like "not worth my time," or "it's starting to get old," or "i am tired of it," or my all-time favorite, "i am not a nice guy," but yet all they can do in response to the cluttering of the forum, is add even more clutter with their constant complaining and whining. but you know me, "i'm not going to fingerpoint."

Alex, I don't mean to single you out, but it's no secret a lot of your posts are getting some members riled up.

No matter where you go, you are going to find idiots. Yes, we have some here, and I'm sure our last idiot hasn't joined yet. That said, calling people out as idiots is not the way to handle things.

If you have a disagreement in opinion, then deal with it, not everyone has to agree.

If someone is posting something that you believe is untrue, then post your side of things - "I understand that leafs do in fact flex, state example"... if you post back and forth and the 'idiot' doesn't see your side, then walk away... seriously, nothing here is that important enough to get wound up about it. You are not going to win any trophy for being right.

Posting insults and sarcastic remarks is childish, and is only going to bring on more childish behavior. I didn't sign up on this board to mind a daycare center.

....wow....

I didn't realize the leaf vs coil got childish....but I think I stopped reading it.....hmmm

I gotta admit, I can be one of those kinds of people who likes to jump at people who post argumentative things....but usually I just get caught up in the moment and usually delete my posts the next day or so....