Panhard Bar Drop Bracket

OldSlowReliable

1.nope it isnt mandatory to use one, but the truck may pull slightly to the drivers side.

2.supposedly XJ brackets work, but I dont know this for sure

3.cheapest option is to do a mock up yourself and have a shop make one, but it still might run $50 or more

personally, i wouldnt Drop the pan hard bar.

I would Raise it at the axle.

this is a good idea, I had considered it too but I think it is easier said than done. Really why not go to a triangulated 4 link so that its centered @ any travel...

this is a good idea, I had considered it too but I think it is easier said than done. Really why not go to a triangulated 4 link so that its centered @ any travel...

easy... make your mount same lenght as the lift, Bolt it on in the existing location, then weld it.. its only single shear at the axle now.

and as far as the triangulated 4 link.. the problem with it is, most people don't have the know how to do it.

In addtion, if you loose 1 link, your done.

You can loose a link end with the "5" link setup and still get home.

well, the non-axle side has been done before and works...so.....ima see if i can go with that!

I'll probably hold off on that for the camping trip, i should be ok, its only a 40 mile highway drive there :\

its not a pressing fix. i havent done mine yet and ive had my lift on for five months or so.

will sears throw a huff if i don't use one when i go for the alignment after UCA's?

probably, but just tell them the kit you got didn't come with it, they were shipping it, and you will come back when it is all finished...wink...wink....lol....that usually works with most mods on cars, or just tell them you want the front done, period. You are paying for goods, they won't turn you down, and if they do, go to midas...lol!

will sears throw a huff if i don't use one when i go for the alignment after UCA's?

probably, but just tell them the kit you got didn't come with it, they were shipping it, and you will come back when it is all finished...wink...wink....lol....that usually works with most mods on cars, or just tell them you want the front done, period. You are paying for goods, they won't turn you down, and if they do, go to midas...lol!

No Sears won't care at all, even if the techs notice. There is no alignment that can be done with the rear so it doesn't matter and they won't pay any attention to it.

B

That's right, they won't care. I have a Lifetime Alignment at Firestone, had one realignment done after lift install and they said nothing. As B said, they don't/can't align the rear end anyway ;)

No Sears won't care at all, even if the techs notice. There is no alignment that can be done with the rear so it doesn't matter and they won't pay any attention to it.

B

Not 100% true because if they care enough to test drive it after, the truck will probably still pull. I had my old truck done without the drop bracket (still don't have one) and it pulled even after alignment done by a friend who was a very good mechanic.

Just tell them to get the front in spec, and disregard any pulling, as it's due to the rear axle being out of place.

Edited by Simon

Actually, if they allign it properly, they will hook up all 4 wheels. They won't adjust anything in the rear, but the computer will referance the position of the rears for getting the front into proper spec.

i was thinking...why not just install the UCA's, get the alignment, THEN install the rear lift....:D

I'll probably have a shop fab one up for me, cause Its a pretty good drive to my offroad venues, and i like to eat while i drive...and not get in accidents!

It'll have to wait till after this camping trip though...oh well!

i was thinking...why not just install the UCA's, get the alignment, THEN install the rear lift....:D

I'll probably have a shop fab one up for me, cause Its a pretty good drive to my offroad venues, and i like to eat while i drive...and not get in accidents!

It'll have to wait till after this camping trip though...oh well!

You can't steer with a knee?

You can't steer with a knee?

I eat with ALL appendages!

Naw, Its mostly because my mom will drive it every so often, and she will come yelling @ me that i broke it.....

Not too bad to get a bracket made, and ill deal with the pull for a while anyways, i guess it depends on how bad it is :\

• 2 months later...

that would work, only issue is that you want your pan hard as paralel with the world as possible.

I know its not always possible to do this.

the more of an angle it has, the more it will pull side to side with flex.

I'm confused on what the solution actually was in that thread

He got a bar from a Landcruiser and swapped it in (after minor mods). Looked like one end was adjustable on it also, so he could set i to just the right length he needed.