Donations

88pathoffroad

don't need paypal. If you have a credit card, you can donate through paypal (safe, simple and secure) simply by entereing your information. Check the link for donations. If you had ana ccount, you could login from there. Otherwise, simply fill in your donation information and ... viola!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, what part of "I don't use paypal" did you not understand. I will have nothing to do with them what so ever. Thanks though...

B

ok... then you can mail me a check instead

on another forum i frequent, they setup a monthly donation subscription of $5/mo. i think that's well within everyone's budget. the best part for me is that the subscription automatically deducts $5 from my PayPal account every month. such a feature would be great on this forum. in fact, if this is implemented, i'd gladly subscribe to a $10/mo donation. :)

on another forum i frequent, they setup a monthly donation subscription of $5/mo. i think that's well within everyone's budget. the best part for me is that the subscription automatically deducts $5 from my PayPal account every month. such a feature would be great on this forum. in fact, if this is implemented, i'd gladly subscribe to a $10/mo donation. :)

i don't believe i would spend $120/yr on the forum...just being honest...

I vote against having a requirement for pay to play, optional is a bit better. There are some people, whether they have money or not won't ante up. That's cool with me, not ever registered member uses the forum to the same extent/gets the same value. If I donated $5/mo to every forum I have registered with I'd be paying about $800/yr. - not realistic. Also, people get busy and wouldn't do the donation monthly. It would get hard for the admin to rely on a steady income stream for overhead and improvements. Great idea in priniciple though.

I do support the idea of an optional paid member and/or gold member status as I have experience with this. It also adds a flavour of committment, to those who want it and are proud to show it. THey can have added benefits like a member to member classifieds, an email account, or whatever. This as an annual fee is likley the most consistent way for admin to rely on income AND you don't need to hold out the hat for donation each time the kitty runs low. Others who are admin like Simon can feel free to correct me if they see different.

JMO.

If a membership scenario is not an option, np, I'll still ante up a bit in the near future.

I vote against having a requirement for pay to play, optional is a bit better. There are some people, whether they have money or not won't ante up. That's cool with me, not ever registered member uses the forum to the same extent/gets the same value. If I donated $5/mo to every forum I have registered with I'd be paying about $800/yr. - not realistic. Also, people get busy and wouldn't do the donation monthly. It would get hard for the admin to rely on a steady income stream for overhead and improvements. Great idea in priniciple though.

I do support the idea of an optional paid member and/or gold member status as I have experience with this. It also adds a flavour of committment, to those who want it and are proud to show it. THey can have added benefits like a member to member classifieds, an email account, or whatever. This as an annual fee is likley the most consistent way for admin to rely on income AND you don't need to hold out the hat for donation each time the kitty runs low. Others who are admin like Simon can feel free to correct me if they see different.

JMO.

If a membership scenario is not an option, np, I'll still ante up a bit in the near future.

yea I'd gladly do like $20/yr but I know not everyone is going to put $5 a month down nor are they going to do $20/yr...this is why I suggested NOAS as an example. Give some perks to "gold" members and if others want to be around and contribute to the general forums then thats fine and if you want to have more privileges then go for the donation or membership...we'll see where it goes with time i reckon...

Awesome! Thanks so much, everyone! Donations stand at $295.40. Keep in mind that Paypal steals a small percentage of each donation as a fee.

Fifteen people have donated to NPORA so far.

Two people donated $50.

Three people donated $30.

One person donated $25.

Four people donated $20.

Four people donated $10.

One person donated $6.

I don't like forum subscriptions, I'd like to keep the forum free for all. As I get things sorted out we'll get some deals for decals and whatnot done up. Next thing to do is buying the new forum software and getting it running.

Once again, thank you to everyone that donated their hard-earned money to keep NPORA alive. It's greatly appreciated. :)

Moving topic to Announcements. :)

nice...glad to see that...I hear ya 88...If it comes down to some sort of "membership" or perk like a decal or whatever and you need help just holler and i'll see what I can do...I know nothing on the software side of things but sure i could figure it out but when it comes to something like that its probably easier to keep as many hands out of the pot than in it

also thanks again for taking care of this even with your current situation...

Hell yeah, you're welcome. :)

I like the whole "premium" member that some forums do, maybe with the premium membership yearly fee you get a T shirt or a sticker or something...I would love one or more of those...

looks like Slick got the dual pathy premium.

yeah, where's my gold card? :scratchhead:

We're not miracle workers!!

what????????? that is it! my dream has been SHATTERED! SHATTERD i tell you!