Donations

88pathoffroad

If anyone wants to donate a few dollars toward keeping NPORA alive, here is a Paypal donation link you can use to do so. All donations will go toward hosting, forum software and domain registration specifically for NPORA. I would also like to have a run of stickers made eventually since we have such an awesome design and all. ;) Maybe t-shirts? :D

DONATIONS *This information is outdated, please do not use any links contained within this thread to make NPORA donations.*

I'm not asking for everyone to drop twenties on NPORA, but a few bucks here and there would really help. Our first goal is $30 to pay back Scott for last month's hosting, $30 for this month and $180 for new vBulletin forum software. Thank you very much, everyone.

Edited by RedPath88
Link Disabled - RedPath88

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Jon and David!

No Problem, THANK YOU & all the moderators who keep this board runnin'.

You get the $180.00 for the software yet?

Should be an easy 1st goal to reach.

How about putting a donate link at the top of the page?

& I would love to be able to buy a T-shirt :aok:

We had $55.11 and I used $30 to pay for the forums for this month. Now: $25.11.

{steps up on soap box}

I know times are tough,but that's pretty sad with 3,714 members on here.

If you can afford a computer & an internet connection... HELL,if you can afford to drive a gas hog

like the WD-21/R-50 you can afford to send a few bucks a month to keep this forum going & hopefully make it better.

Think about what it would be like without it... :ohno01:

How much money has this forum saved you?

Yeah,you got NOR & the AC board but try & say something negative

about Calmini or AC on 'em & see what happens.

O.K. I'm done (for now) :shiftyeyes:

{climbs down from soap box}

done ..

keep this board up !

I know times are tough,but that's pretty sad with 3,714 members on here

I think you're jumping too fast to conclusion... It's only been there 3 days and I just found out about the donations....so..i'm sure people will join in..

Edited by fleurys

done ..

keep this board up !

I think you're jumping too fast to conclusion... It's only been there 3 days and I just found out about the donations....so..i'm sure people will join in..

I do tend to do that :coffee!: (especially after my mornin' cup of joe)

& I hope your right that more people will start contributing.

88 like I suggested if you could throw a donation link on the front page that may pick up business...I didn't see this thread until today and I saw it on accident since I rarely venture through the "offtopic" section

:beer:

I agree, just like me.

Maybe it would be more visible in NPORA Announcements section.

BTW, Paypal'd US$10. :aok:

I know times are tough,but that's pretty sad with 3,714 members on here.

Keep in mind, How many of those mebers have enven logged on in the last month (let alone year) I think its safe to say maybe only 100 of the most active members actually know whats going on. Non the less, I have no doubt we can keep NPORA alive.

also it would be cool if you could see what the donation level was at just to see how the community has been responding and if someone wanted to take it upon themselves to do something like Mr Jim did with a T-shirt/sticker for a membership for something like 15-20 a year...

heres NOAS's site (our requirements don't have to be like theirs but it could be a start to insure the online community and reward those who are long term members):

Thank you for your interest in joining NOAS.

We collect dues on a yearly basis $24 per year. Dues are due every March. If you join during the year, it will be prorated at $2 a month. With your subscription, you will receive:

* Access to the Members Area of the website which contains NOAS Run Info, Classifieds, Detailed Member Information, Local Wheeling Locations, and much more.

* High quality die-cut vinyl NOAS Window Sticker guaranteed not to fade up to 10 years.

Everyone is welcome - we only have two requirements - you have to drive a Nissan and you must attend at least one of the NOAS sponsored events yearly!

NOAS membership is done once a year in March. If it is not March and you wish to become a new member, please fill out our:

NOAS Member Application Form

If you are a current member renewing your membership, please contact our treasurer with the subject NOAS

Some of the forums do a "premium" membership for like $10 a year. I also support the motion to put a link up on the top of the main page, a lot of non regulars said they would donate b/c this site has saved them so much.

Sending my support now, not much during the semester but during the summer I can donate more.

also it would be cool if you could see what the donation level was at just to see how the community has been responding and if someone wanted to take it upon themselves to do something like Mr Jim did with a T-shirt/sticker for a membership for something like 15-20 a year...

heres NOAS's site (our requirements don't have to be like theirs but it could be a start to insure the online community and reward those who are long term members):

If you post a donation balance, also note what the projected expenses are over next 3-6months. Some might see there is $$$ in the kitty and think no donations are needed.