Donations

88pathoffroad

No pissy business on this end...just making it known for future reference that a long standing member would walk away. If someone else has a problem with that then that is their prerogative call me anything in the book you want but it's not going to change where I stand on the finances.

allot of people (myself included) came here (and stayed here) because it was free.

I also visit here more than any other site I'm part of because of the comunity and the open-ness of most the people.

If there were a $ requirement for membership it would be a step towards exlusiveness. exclusive and open do not go well together.

I am fully confident that whille NPORA's need for support presents itself there will be enough members to voluntarily fill that need w/o making it a requrement, thus keeping the open-ness and letting others continue to save and enjoi.

In the end, it is now 88's control and tho it is our forum HE has the final say so I think pushing the madatory mebersip cost is mute point. NPORA will survive as proven by the alreay current reaction to the donations post.

A donation link up top would be nice, incase a passer by is happy to have found an answer wants to give as well. and an option to allow a certain memeber set up an automatic thing (that can be cancelled any-time or stopped should the funds get too-plenty)

BUT NO MORE TALK ABOUT THIS MANDITORY BULL$#!T. we're not gonna lose ppl over something this petty.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO MORE TALK ABOUT THIS MANDITORY BULL$#!T

amen...I only checked back to see alex trying to get mouthy with someone as I have seen this being a developing trend...I just simply stated my position and that is that...I have also offered a donation and assistance to 88 as many others have and if he feels it necessary to which I also explained that I would not be of great help with forum software but could help with any other programs/incentive/whatever it may be in the future to advance the development and growth of NPORA.

Another option could be trail runs with registration fee's that benefit the forums and also allow folks to show their trucks and meet the folks the deal with daily/weekly to build the community.

I could be arrogant and say that I won't pay for them and don't need the forums but everyone knows even the greatest mechanic in the world (not saying that I am b/c I'm not) has issues that come up from time to time and you will start sniffing down the wrong rabbit hole and it takes another persons suggestion to get back on track. Or even better yet I could go to pirate :ill::wackinit::crazy:

It was a relief to see new members ante up as well :aok:

Exactly. I hate forums full of stupid ads, I hate pay-per-use websites and I hate not being able to get info I need because it costs money. No monetary requirements are going to be made for anyone that wants to participate in NPORA in any way as long as I'm in charge. ;)

THANK YOU, JAYA!

27 people have donated so far. I purchased a lifetime license for vBulletin yesterday and I'm working on correcting the stupid DB and SQL errors that keep popping up so it can be tested on the new host.

THANK YOU, JAYA!

27 people have donated so far. I purchased a lifetime license for vBulletin yesterday and I'm working on correcting the stupid DB and SQL errors that keep popping up so it can be tested on the new host.

Hey, no prob. Happy to do it. Forum saved me a bunch of money. Heck, reading and looking at the images on this forum actually helped convince me to go with a Pathy instead of spending a boatload more on a 4Runner or Rover.

While I'm new and all, I second/third/whatever the no-mandatory stuff. Kinda forces us to keep the whole operation lean and keep waste down. Plus, it encourages readership/participation (can't beat free) and gets members who come up with ingenious low-cost solutions because money's tight. Of course, I'm biased because I got sick of the yuppie crowd in their IFS+IRS Rovers and $200 boat shoes and wine coolers. Gimme a good money-pinching, sixpack-drinking crowd any day!

Ok I'll get off my soapbox now and return to lurking. Yappy for a newbie, aren't I ??? :crossedwires:

Hey, no prob. Happy to do it. Forum saved me a bunch of money. Heck, reading and looking at the images on this forum actually helped convince me to go with a Pathy instead of spending a boatload more on a 4Runner or Rover.

While I'm new and all, I second/third/whatever the no-mandatory stuff. Kinda forces us to keep the whole operation lean and keep waste down. Plus, it encourages readership/participation (can't beat free) and gets members who come up with ingenious low-cost solutions because money's tight. Of course, I'm biased because I got sick of the yuppie crowd in their IFS+IRS Rovers and $200 boat shoes and wine coolers. Gimme a good money-pinching, sixpack-drinking crowd any day!

Ok I'll get off my soapbox now and return to lurking. Yappy for a newbie, aren't I ??? :crossedwires:

haha my kinda people too...

Its great to see we got such a great crowd here, I am truly honored to be a part of such a great group of people. And I will DEFINITELY be keeping my eyes peeled for decals, and I am all for the T shirt idea too :itsallgood:

I only checked back to see alex trying to get mouthy with someone as I have seen this being a developing trend...

I see this too however in this case I think he has good intentions, the just aren't good for everbody.

I see this too however in this case I think he has good intentions, the just aren't good for everbody.

eh...i aint thin skinned by no means...

haha my kinda people too...

Its great to see we got such a great crowd here, I am truly honored to be a part of such a great group of people. And I will DEFINITELY be keeping my eyes peeled for decals, and I am all for the T shirt idea too itsallgood.gif

heck yea...decals and t-shrits I'm in for...as soon as my truck is trailworthy there will be a custom NPORA sticker(s) on my truck with "unccpathfinder" incorporated but i'll make it better than mailbox lettering this time :D

Gimme a good money-pinching, sixpack-drinking crowd any day!

hell yea...but we me and the boys usually go for the 30 packs....of keystone light... $13.99...heh waiting for the flaming on that one but there is one problem...

return to lurking

not allowed...

I usually do not put any kind of stickers on my vehicles. I don't like giving free advertising to products. If they gave me a discount on the product that would be a different story.

However a NPORA sticker I would proudly sport on my truck.

Let me know on the stickers, when they are ready.

Mark

Edited by msavides

amen...I only checked back to see alex trying to get mouthy with someone as I have seen this being a developing trend...

if you don't like my posts then you shouldn't make/condone arrogant, ignorant, stupid posts.

but speaking of which, will our new forum software include an Ignore List?

*shakes head and sighs*

To be honest, I don't know. But lets keep this positive and on topic... anything else to discuss, take it to PM's please.

*shakes head and sighs*

To be honest, I don't know. But lets keep this positive and on topic... anything else to discuss, take it to PM's please.

:thumbsdown: Yes ma'am but see if you guys took everyone's :02: that was put in 100's of times a day the forum would be rich :D

I usually do not put any kind of stickers on my vehicles. I don't like giving free advertising to products. If they gave me a discount on the product that would be a different story.

However a NPORA sticker I would proudly sport on my truck.

Let me know on the stickers, when they are ready.

Mark

I am the same way, the only stickers to ever go on my vehicle are my college and a small ravens sticker, but I will proudly sport an NPORA sticker!

I just happened to stumble on this tonight and I could only wish I could donate as much as NPORA has help me. This is just a very small way of giving back and saying a big thank you to all for the help that has been sent my way right here. It's a great group of people here.

Me too! We JUST got some changes made to the SQL side of things that will let the new software run without a hitch. Woohoo!

Once again, thank you to everyone that has donated. Thank you very much. :)

Relating to the fact that you must have 100 post + a one year membership + a Nissan vehicule, in order to get a full membership, i want to know whose entitled to pay anything for using the forum...and if so...how much ? i feel uneased by this...incertainty, wheeling in mud can be fun, but having the impression of sticking my foot in something slimy is another thing...can you clarify ?! with all my respects...