What's your favorite genre of music?

Kingman

It would likely be easier to list the stuff I don't listen to than what I do.

I don't listen to just about any of the talentless hack crap they air on pop radio, modern ©rap/hip-hop. But typically I don't generalize music by traditional genres. I categorize my music library based on tempo, tonality, vocal and instrumental elements, and certain thematic/lyrical elements. I've even gone so far as to classify songs off the same album from the same artist in different categories, based on these criteria. Ok, I'm a little obsessive, but it's a much better organizational system for someone who's life is as influenced and impacted by music as mine is.

I've recently discovered a fond appreciation for Maori and other aboriginal tribal music. These cultures are incredibly fascinating and hold so much history and truth in humanity, it's really incredible. It's very enlightening to study them in depth.

Just to give an idea of scope, my current digital music library has completely filled 2 500GB hard drives and is working on it's 3rd, and that doesn't include what I've got on CD, DVD or vinyl.

Classical, Metal, Country, Punk, Classic Rock.

Over all, I lean toward Metal. R&B, hiphop, Rap, and that crap in between that sounds like the singer is crying, just pisses me off. The worst part of radio is commercials. I just burn CD's and mix genres I like. I never get burned out that way. The wife cannot understand why I mix it. Going from Pantera to Garth Brooks to Steve Miller Band.....Maybe I'm just weird.

Oldies from 70 and 80 spanish and english discofrom 70 and 80's 80's Rock from queen to Dokken al little bit of all like heavy metal also dance pop english and Spanish Mexican Ranchero cumbia salsa and norteño electronic specially from Europe and some Mexican like Telefunka

Well basically butI can go and on and on and on and on .......

I don't listen to just about any of the talentless hack crap they air on pop radio, modern ©rap/hip-hop. But typically I don't generalize music by traditional genres. I categorize my music library based on tempo, tonality, vocal and instrumental elements, and certain thematic/lyrical elements. I've even gone so far as to classify songs off the same album from the same artist in different categories, based on these criteria. Ok, I'm a little obsessive, but it's a much better organizational system for someone who's life is as influenced and impacted by music as mine is.

I've recently discovered a fond appreciation for Maori and other aboriginal tribal music. These cultures are incredibly fascinating and hold so much history and truth in humanity, it's really incredible. It's very enlightening to study them in depth.

Just to give an idea of scope, my current digital music library has completely filled 2 500GB hard drives and is working on it's 3rd, and that doesn't include what I've got on CD, DVD or vinyl.

How's the weather up there in your ivory tower Dan?

;)

:lol:

Holy crap Dan, that's a ton of music!

How often do you cycle through it all?

If I were to put every single song in a playlist, hit shuffle, and listen to it constantly, I would have to wait ~9 years to hear the same song twice (Excluding different versions of the same song, live, studio, etc).

I usually listen to rock. But I have been known to blast anything and everything. Depends on the mood. Nothing like having a few friends from school in the truck with the metal blaring!

Rock,some country, some blues(johny winter,humble pie)...mostly late 60s-90s rock.The new stuff doenst have the same vib

And yes with my Bose and Klipse's(82 models) I can feeling the vibrations coming up through the floor.It's been known to knock heavy glass cups(full of hunter) off of my table(a heavy oak piece made 100+ years ago).Thats with the bass down low.

NORMAL!??? :D

I listen to almost anything... although a lot of the current mainstream pop stuff I don't have the patience for.

By choice, I listen to country, rock, classic rock, alternative, metal.

:wtf: :wtf: