Fuel tank size?

BobLoblaw

Just curious, what is the size of my Pathy's fuel tank? I tried searching an I couldn't find it.

Also, I have been on empty (on the fuel gauge at least) a few times now but have still not seen a fuel light. Does a 94 Pathy have one?

Just curious, what is the size of my Pathy's fuel tank? I tried searching an I couldn't find it.

Also, I have been on empty (on the fuel gauge at least) a few times now but have still not seen a fuel light. Does a 94 Pathy have one?

Mate mines a 92 and i've managed 70ltrs in it .

and no fuel light for me .

Mate mines a 92 and i've managed 70ltrs in it .

and no fuel light for me .

I have a 91, I have put 20.5 gallons in my tank once when I ran it really low, my gas light was on for about 40 miles. So i am pretty sure it was really empty. I was doing this as a test to see how far below the empty line I could go. I was well below the empty line when the gas light came on. I was also carrying a gas can for when I ran out of gas. It never did sputter and die from running out of gas but I had to take a long drive so decided to fill it at that point. side note 20.5 gallons is 77.6 liters. So i know they are more then a 70 liter tank.

I've never seen a fuel light on mine either but I average about 70L when I fill up and havent ran it right empty cause THAT WOULD SUCK.

Side note. Anyone with a 3" body lift lifted thier fuel tank the three inches? Maybe for more clearance in the back?

I've got a 94 V6 and I've run mine down to where the needle is below the mark and I've never seen a fuel light. I've only seen 19 gals go in the tank and then I was very scared I was going to run out because of how low the needle was. Guess I need to take a gas can with me someday and see where it really runs out at..

-Colby

i've coasted into a gas station before and 19.2 or something.. the .2 was probably all in the filler tube. lol

That's funny now I know I was right, because I was almost positve that it had a 19 before this topic started me second guessing ya know...

-Colby

i run mine to the thick white line then i fill it up and it only come up to 17 gal. at the same time i do have a light but it douse not work i have changed the bulb to make it work but it stell dosent work. idk. i dont know if there are other pathfinders that are also 17gals but mine is also 2wd. :thumbsdown:

I love it!

i'm thinking there must have been a couple of different designs/sizes.

IIRC someone on AC posted up (probably been 3 years ago now) that there has only been one size ever used, same part number throughout. Actually I think it was in a thread where HooHaa was looking for a larger tank for his.

Well, thanks for all your help guys. Like my sig says, I have a 94 XE 4x4. Not sure if that makes any difference. My guess is 80L, like many of your have said.

I have been at the bottom of the thick white line as well, with no fuel light. I've never let it go below that but on my next fill, I'm going to take note of the litres. The fuel light is a damn good idea though. I hope mine works!

94's and 95's were the same. I just filled mine.

Gas idiot lite came on coming home from work. Drove about 14 miles (figure that was a gallon). Filled it (but did not top off the filler tube) and it took 18.3 gal.

My fuel light doesn't go on till it's resting on the peg UNDER E - this happened last week - and I put in 16.4 US Gallons.

>_>

Buh?

Granted, I had 270 miles on the tank before I refilled...

94's and 95's were the same. I just filled mine.

Gas idiot lite came on coming home from work. Drove about 14 miles (figure that was a gallon). Filled it (but did not top off the filler tube) and it took 18.3 gal.

my pathy has a mind of its own its a 92' XE and the wife found out the hard way. empty for me is the 1/4 tank line and full is way past the F and yeah my light doesn't work

I am pretty sure they have a 21 gallon tank as well. I was wondering the same thing a few months back so I decided to keep driving. No gas light but my check engine light came on, I was a lil over 300 miles on the tank. If I remember correctly it took a smidge over 20 gallons. As soon as I filled her up, the cel went off. Maybe that is the gas light?

21 gallons no that's over 90 ltr

according to google:

21 US gallons = 79.4936475 liters

21 Imperial gallons = 95.4679295 liters

I'm pretty sure everyone is speaking in US gallons.

I am pretty sure they have a 21 gallon tank as well. I was wondering the same thing a few months back so I decided to keep driving. No gas light but my check engine light came on, I was a lil over 300 miles on the tank. If I remember correctly it took a smidge over 20 gallons. As soon as I filled her up, the cel went off. Maybe that is the gas light?

Maybe having such a low tank triggered a sensor. I know if you don't screw the gas cap on all the way it will come on.

Edited by adamzan